Skip to main content

99 Best Quotes For Love

  1.  The first symptom of love in a young man is timidity in a girl boldness. Victor Hugo
  2. If you're married, and you have a wife, and you really love your wife, is it good enough to only say to your wife 'I love her' the day you get married? Or should you tell her every single day when you wake up and every opportunity? And that's how I feel about my relationship with Jesus Christ is that it is the most important thing in my life. Tim Tebow
  3. Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude. Denis Waitley
  4. Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses. Ann Landers
  5. The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire. Ferdinand Foch
  6. O, thou art fairer than the evening air clad in the beauty of a thousand stars. Christopher Marlowe
  7. A lot of times black folks look for love in all the wrong places. You're always looking for somebody to love you, be accepted, and there's the insecurities that are even transmitted through rap. Everyone is trying to aim to please too much. Chuck D.
  8. Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. P. J. O'Rourke
  9. Love consists in giving without getting in return in giving what is not owed, what is not due the other. That's why true love is never based, as associations for utility or pleasure are, on a fair exchange. Mortimer Adler
  10. Love, we say, is life but love without hope and faith is agonizing death. Elbert Hubbard
  11. Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young. Sir Arthur Pinero
  12. If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. Jesus Christ
  13. I never knew how to worship until I knew how to love. Beecher, Henry Ward
  14. We are not the same persons this year as last nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person. W. Somerset Maugham
  15. The only thing we never get enough of is love and the only thing we never give enough of is love. Henry Miller
  16. What I cannot love, I overlook. Is that real friendship? Anais Nin
  17. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Leo Tolstoy
  18. Give a child love, laughter and peace, not AIDS. Nelson Mandela
  19. A flower falls, even though we love it and a weed grows, even though we do not love it. Dogen
  20. Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh. Auden, W. H.
  21. Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love. Charles Maurice de Talleyrand
  22. Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; < Shakespeare, William
  23. Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Francis of Assisi
  24. It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony. Benjamin Britten
  25. It is with true love as it is with ghosts everyone talks about it, but few have seen it. Francois de La Rochefoucauld
  26. I love to hit people. I love to. Mike Tyson
  27. Falling in love consists merely in uncorking the imagination and bottling the common-sense. Rowland, Helen
  28. I love power. But it is as an artist that I love it. I love it as a musician loves his violin, to draw out its sounds and chords and harmonies. Napoleon Bonaparte
  29. Love is the power to see similarity in the dissimilar. Theodor Adorno
  30. Love is a spirit of all compact of fire. Shakespeare, William
  31. Today I love myself as I love my god: who could charge me with a sin today? I know only sins against my god but who knows my god? Friedrich Nietzsche
  32. What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like. Saint Augustine
  33. If one of two lovers is loyal, and the other jealous and false, how may their friendship last, for Love is slain! Marie de France
  34. I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything. Nikola Tesla
  35. Looking back, I have this to regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so. David Grayson
  36. A woman can bring a new love to each man she loves, providing there are not too many. Marilyn Monroe
  37. Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship. Oscar Wilde
  38. I am deeply grateful to the citizens of Sarajevo and the Sarajevo Canton assembly for bestowing upon me this incredible honor of citizenship. I am so proud to now be a part of such an extraordinary part of the world and fellow citizen to the people I deeply love and admire. Angelina Jolie
  39. Knowledge is love and light and vision. Helen Keller
  40. Smart women love smart men more than smart men love smart women. Natalie Portman
  41. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. Steve Jobs
  42. To be loved at first sight, a man should have at the same time something to respect and something to pity in his face. Stendhal
  43. If thou must love me, let it be for naught except for love's sake only. Elizabeth Barrett Browning
  44. When you have really exhausted an experience you always reverence and love it. Albert Camus
  45. Love is the extra effort we make in our dealings with those whom we do not like and once you understand that, you understand all. This idea that love overtakes you is nonsense. This is but a polite manifestation of sex. To love another you have to undertake some fragment of their destiny. Crisp, Quentin
  46. It is not likely that posterity will fall in love with us, but not impossible that it may respect or sympathize so a man would rather leave behind him the portrait of his spirit than a portrait of his face. Robert Louis Stevenson
  47. Politics is such a torment that I advise everyone I love not to mix with it. Thomas Jefferson
  48. Presents don't really mean much to me. I don't want to sound mawkish, but - it was the realization that I have a great many people in my life who really love me, and who I really love. Gabriel Byrne
  49. The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. Audrey Hepburn
  50. When you start falling for somebody and you can't stop thinking about when you're going to see them again, I love that. Women are beautiful. They deserve to be cherished and respected. Orlando Bloom
  51. I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. Douglas Adams
  52. Ultimately love is everything. M. Scott Peck
  53. How absurd and delicious it is to be in love with somebody younger than yourself. Everybody should try it. Barbara Pym
  54. Today I begin to understand what love must be, if it exists.... When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I imagine love to be: incompleteness in absence. Goncourt
  55. Love rules the court, the camp, the grove, And men below, and saints above: For love is heaven, and heaven is love. Scott, Sir Walter
  56. I have found that if you love life, life will love you back. Arthur Rubinstein
  57. Experts on romance say for a happy marriage there has to be more than a passionate love. For a lasting union, they insist, there must be a genuine liking for each other. Which, in my book, is a good definition for friendship. Marilyn Monroe
  58. So, fall asleep love, loved by me... for I know love, I am loved by thee. Robert Browning
  59. Love is only a dirty trick played on us to achieve continuation of the species. W. Somerset Maugham
  60. I say what I want to say and do what I want to do. There's no in between. People will either love you for it or hate you for it. Eminem
  61. Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment. Mahatma Gandhi
  62. We, the People, recognize that we have responsibilities as well as rights that our destinies are bound together that a freedom which only asks what's in it for me, a freedom without a commitment to others, a freedom without love or charity or duty or patriotism, is unworthy of our founding ideals, and those who died in their defense. Barack Obama
  63. Who so loves believes the impossible. Elizabeth Barrett Browning
  64. If so many men, so many minds, certainly so many hearts, so many kinds of love.  Tolstoy, Leo
  65. Love, with very young people, is a heartless business. We drink at that age from thirst, or to get drunk; it is only later in life that we occupy ourselves with the individuality of our wine. Dinesen, Isak
  66. For one human being to love another that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks, the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation. Rainer Maria Rilke
  67. In our minds, love and lust are really separated. It's hard to find someone that can be kind and you can trust enough to leave your kids with, and isn't afraid to throw her man up against the wall and lick him from head to toe. Tori Amos
  68. Love does not dominate it cultivates. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  69. Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go. Mother Teresa
  70. Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. . . . It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more. Jong, Erica
  71. Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get - only with what you are expecting to give - which is everything. Katharine Hepburn
  72. For love is immortality. Emily Dickinson
  73. Men often pass from love to ambition, but they seldom come back again from ambition to love. Francois de La Rochefoucauld
  74. I'm getting a wrinkle above my eyebrow because I just can't stop lifting it, and I love that you know. Angelina Jolie
  75. Faith makes all things possible... love makes all things easy. Dwight L. Moody
  76. When I see children, I see the face of God. That's why I love them so much. That's what I see. Michael Jackson
  77. Forgiveness is the final form of love. Reinhold Niebuhr
  78. This is the miracle that happens every time to those who really love: the more they give, the more they possess. Rainer Maria Rilke
  79. We don't love qualities, we love persons; sometimes by reason of their defects as well as of their qualities. Maritain, Jacques
  80. Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives. Louise L. Hay
  81. Love is a trap. When it appears, we see only its light, not its shadows. Paulo Coelho
  82. Love is the answer, and you know that for sure Love is a flower, you've got to let it grow. John Lennon
  83. Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. Erich Fromm
  84. Friendship often ends in love but love in friendship - never. Charles Caleb Colton
  85. Who will tell whether one happy moment of love or the joy of breathing or walking on a bright morning and smelling the fresh air, is not worth all the suffering and effort which life implies. Erich Fromm
  86. A man in love is incomplete until he has married. Then he's finished. Zsa Zsa Gabor
  87. The main facts in human life are five: birth, food, sleep, love and death. E. M. Forster
  88. Fortune and love favor the brave. Ovid
  89. Love: the delusion that one woman differs from another. Mencken, H.L.
  90. Personally, I just think rap music is the best thing out there, period. If you look at my deck in my car radio, you're always going to find a hip-hop tape that's all I buy, that's all I live, that's all I listen to, that's all I love. Eminem
  91. I don't know that love changes. People change. Circumstances change. Nicholas Sparks
  92. Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives. C. S. Lewis
  93. Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are travelling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind. Henri Frederic Amiel
  94. There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved: It is God's finger on man's shoulder. Charles Morgan
  95. I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line. Lucille Ball
  96. Love is not only something you feel, it is something you do. David Wilkerson
  97. In the silence of night I have often wished for just a few words of love from one man, rather than the applause of thousands of people. Judy Garland
  98. Tell the truth. Sing with passion. Work with laughter. Love with heart. 'Cause that's all that matters in the end. Kris Kristofferson
  99. Love seeks one thing only: the good of the one loved. It leaves all the other secondary effects to take care of themselves. Love, therefore, is its own reward. Thomas Merton


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

99 Hilarious Quotes

It's funny how intimate it feels to get a text. Sophie Ellis Bextor We all know how funny Morrissey is. Actually, you know what? I say that sarcastically. His songs are some of the funniest songs I've ever heard in my life. I mean, really. I mean, not that the 'Girlfriend in a Coma' is, like, really funny. Zach Galifianakis If my films make one more person miserable, I'll feel I have done my job. Woody Allen A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often. Oliver Herford I may be a living legend, but that sure don't help when I've got to change a flat tire. Roy Orbison Literature has drawn a funny perimeter that other art forms haven't. Jonathan Safran Foer I intend to live forever. So far, so good. Steven Wright Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. Don Marquis This is the great thing about Northern Ireland. I walk down the street and people stop me and say things like, 'I know you. You're that wee go

99 Life Quotes

 Life is lived on the edge. Will Smith I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands you need to be able to throw something back. Maya Angelou For the happiest life, days should be rigorously planned, nights left open to chance. Mignon McLaughlin Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. Benjamin Franklin The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Bertrand Russell My life is my message. Mahatma Gandhi When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. Helen Keller We continue to shape our personality all our life. If we knew ourselves perfectly, we should die. Albert Camus The Indian Summer of life should be a little sunny and a little sad, like the season, and infinite in wealth and depth of tone, but never hustled. Henry Adams Life has a higher end, than to be amused. William Ellery Channing The quality of life

99 Best Inspirational Quotes Ever

 Do the best you can, and don't take life too serious. Will Rogers Make your fear of losing your greatest motivator. Unknown We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of. Bruce Lee Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before, how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever. Isak Dinesen I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun. Charles R. Swindoll To be free is to have achieved your life. Tennessee Williams If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough. Meister Eckhart In the course of my life, I have often had to eat my words, and I must confess that I have always found it a wholesome