Skip to main content

99 Amazing Love and Life Quotes

  1.  When I sing, I feel like when you're first in love. It's more than sex. It's that point two people can get to they call love, when you really touch someone for the first time, but it's gigantic, multiplied by the whole audience. I feel chills. Janis Joplin
  2. To love rightly is to love what is orderly and beautiful in an educated and disciplined way. Plato
  3. Lord, grant that I might not so much seek to be loved as to love. Francis of Assisi
  4. And I love that even in the toughest moments, when we're all sweating it - when we're worried that the bill won't pass, and it seems like all is lost - Barack never lets himself get distracted by the chatter and the noise. Just like his grandmother, he just keeps getting up and moving forward... with patience and wisdom, and courage and grace. Michelle Obama
  5. The greatest pleasure of life is love. Euripides
  6. You gotta love livin', baby, 'cause dyin' is a pain in the ass. Frank Sinatra
  7. Love is never defeated, and I could add, the history of Ireland proves it. Pope John Paul II
  8. Sympathy constitutes friendship but in love there is a sort of antipathy, or opposing passion. Each strives to be the other, and both together make up one whole. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
  9. I love life because what more is there? Anthony Hopkins
  10. Behold, my friends, the spring is come the earth has gladly received the embraces of the sun, and we shall soon see the results of their love! Sitting Bull
  11. Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend. Martin Luther King, Jr.
  12. Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh. W. H. Auden
  13. Love is only a dirty trick played on us to achieve continuation of the species. W. Somerset Maugham
  14. All my life, my heart has yearned for a thing I cannot name. Andre Breton
  15. We cannot fashion our children after our desires, we must have them and love them as God has given them to us. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  16. Never have partners. Hughes
  17. I've told Billy if I ever caught him cheating, I wouldn't kill him because I love his children and they need a dad. But I would beat him up. I know where all of his sports injuries are. Angelina Jolie
  18. To live in this world, you must be able to do three things: to love what is mortal to hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it and, when the time comes to let it go, to let it go. Mary Oliver
  19. Love is an emotion that is based on an opinion of women that is impossible for those who have had any experience with them. H. L. Mencken
  20. Men often pass from love to ambition, but they seldom come back again from ambition to love. Francois de La Rochefoucauld
  21. Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship-never. Colton, Charles C.
  22. Love means not ever having to say you're sorry. Erich Segal
  23. The most important thing in the world is family and love. John Wooden
  24. What is love? It is the morning and the evening star. Sinclair Lewis
  25. All love is vanquished by a succeeding love. Ovid
  26. Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives. Louise L. Hay
  27. Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. . . . It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more. Jong, Erica
  28. I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies. Pietro Aretino
  29. The love we give away is the only love we keep.  Hubbard, Elbert
  30. I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant. Martin Luther King, Jr.
  31. It is most unwise for people in love to marry. George Bernard Shaw
  32. True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen. Francois de La Rochefoucauld
  33. I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate. George Burns
  34. Where we love is home - home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts. Oliver Wendell Holmes
  35. Love is not enough. It must be the foundation, the cornerstone- but not the complete structure. It is much too pliable, too yielding. Davis, Bette
  36. My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return. Maya Angelou
  37. I have a love interest in every one of my films: a gun. Arnold Schwarzenegger
  38. Gestures, in love, are incomparably more attractive, effective and valuable than words. Francois Rabelais
  39. I try to give to the poor people for love what the rich could get for money. No, I wouldn't touch a leper for a thousand pounds yet I willingly cure him for the love of God. Mother Teresa
  40. Where love is concerned, too much is not even enough. Pierre Beaumarchais
  41. Well, love is insanity. The ancient Greeks knew that. It is the taking over of a rational and lucid mind by delusion and self-destruction. You lose yourself, you have no power over yourself, you can't even think straight. Marilyn French
  42. Love is not love that alters when it alteration finds. William Shakespeare
  43. I love to go to Washington - if only to be near my money. Bob Hope
  44. Pains of love be sweeter far than all other pleasures are. John Dryden
  45. A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. Thomas Carlyle
  46. The motto of chivalry is also the motto of wisdom to serve all, but love only one. Honore de Balzac
  47. They do not love that do not show their love. Shakespeare, William
  48. I love the name of honor, more than I fear death. Julius Caesar
  49. I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude. Henry David Thoreau
  50. Love is blind friendship closes its eyes. Friedrich Nietzsche
  51. To a person in love, the value of the individual is intuitively known. Love needs no logic for its missi Lindbergh, Charles A.
  52. Love cannot save you from your own fate. Jim Morrison
  53. Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get - only with what you are expecting to give - which is everything. Katharine Hepburn
  54. If thou must love me, let it be for naught except for love's sake only. Elizabeth Barrett Browning
  55. Love in its essence is spiritual fire.  Swedenborg
  56. A man can be happy with any woman, as long as he does not love her. Oscar Wilde
  57. I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love. Marilyn Monroe
  58. Accept that all of us can be hurt, that all of us can and surely will at times fail. Other vulnerabilities, like being embarrassed or risking love, can be terrifying, too. I think we should follow a simple rule: if we can take the worst, take the risk. Joyce Brothers
  59. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Satchel Paige
  60. Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. William Shakespeare
  61. To love someone means to see him as God intended him. Fyodor Dostoevsky
  62. Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. Bruce Lee
  63. Jealousy contains more of self-love than of love. Francois de La Rochefoucauld
  64. If you cannot work with love but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work. Khalil Gibran
  65. When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. Jimi Hendrix
  66. Love will find a way through paths where wolves fear to prey. Lord Byron
  67. It is not enough to say we must not wage war. It is necessary to love peace and sacrifice for it. Martin Luther King, Jr.
  68. If I think more about death than some other people, it is probably because I love life more than they do. Angelina Jolie
  69. Love is when he gives you a piece of your soul, that you never knew was missing. Torquato Tasso
  70. Let us be about setting high standards for life, love, creativity, and wisdom. If our expectations in these areas are low, we are not likely to experience wellness. Setting high standards makes every day and every decade worth looking forward to. Greg Anderson
  71. The truth is that there is only one terminal dignity - love. And the story of a love is not important - what is important is that one is capable of love. It is perhaps the only glimpse we are permitted of eternity. Helen Hayes
  72. Love is being stupid together. Paul Valery
  73. What light is to the eyes - what air is to the lungs - what love is to the heart, liberty is to the soul of man. Robert Green Ingersoll
  74. A part of kindness consists in loving people more than they deserve. Joseph Joubert
  75. A woman has two smiles that an angel might envy, the smile that accepts a lover before words are uttered, and the smile that lights on the first born babe, and assures it of a mother's love. Thomas Chandler Haliburton
  76. The best proof of love is trust. Joyce Brothers
  77. Love rules the court, the camp, the grove, And men below, and saints above: For love is heaven, and heaven is love. Scott, Sir Walter
  78. There is a woman at the begining of all great things. Alphonse de Lamartine
  79. As soon go kindle fire with snow, as seek to quench the fire of love with words. William Shakespeare
  80. He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals. Franklin, Benjamin
  81. Christmas in Bethlehem. The ancient dream: a cold, clear night made brilliant by a glorious star, the smell of incense, shepherds and wise men falling to their knees in adoration of the sweet baby, the incarnation of perfect love. Lucinda Franks
  82. It's not an act. I love it. It's totally original. People go, 'What's going on with this guy? Why does he sound so weird? What is going on in his brain. I don't know. Just one day I suddenly woke up with a new brain. Charlie Sheen
  83. So long as we love, we serve so long as we are loved by others, I should say that we are almost indispensable and no man is useless while he has a friend. Robert Louis Stevenson
  84. If you would be loved, love, and be loveable. Benjamin Franklin
  85. Love is easy, and I love writing. You can't resist love. You get an idea, someone says something, and you're in love. Ray Bradbury
  86. The love that lasts longest is the love that is never returned. W. Somerset Maugham
  87. Absence - that common cure of love. Lord Byron
  88. Love is a better teacher than duty. Albert Einstein
  89. I like America, just as everybody else does. I love America, I gotta say that. But America will be judged. Bob Dylan
  90. There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love there's only scarcity of resolve to make it happen. Wayne Dyer
  91. I long for the raised voice, the howl of rage or love. Leslie Fiedler
  92. Choose your love, Love your choice. Thomas S. Monson
  93. He is not a lover who does not love forever. Euripides
  94. If love does not know how to give and take without restrictions, it is not love, but a transaction that never fails to lay stress on a plus and a minus. Emma Goldman
  95. We don't believe in rheumatism and true love until after the first attack. Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
  96. Because parents have power over children. They feel they have to do what their parents say. But the love of money is the root of all evil. And this is a sweet child. And to see him turn like this, this isn't him. This is not him. Michael Jackson
  97. This is one of the miracles of love: It gives a power of seeing through its own enchantments and yet not being disenchanted. C. S. Lewis
  98. Absences are a good influence in love and keep it bright and delicate. Robert Louis Stevenson
  99. It is a great consolation for me to remember that the Lord, to whom I had drawn near in humble and child-like faith, has suffered and died for me, and that He will look on me in love and compassion. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

99 Hilarious Quotes

It's funny how intimate it feels to get a text. Sophie Ellis Bextor We all know how funny Morrissey is. Actually, you know what? I say that sarcastically. His songs are some of the funniest songs I've ever heard in my life. I mean, really. I mean, not that the 'Girlfriend in a Coma' is, like, really funny. Zach Galifianakis If my films make one more person miserable, I'll feel I have done my job. Woody Allen A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often. Oliver Herford I may be a living legend, but that sure don't help when I've got to change a flat tire. Roy Orbison Literature has drawn a funny perimeter that other art forms haven't. Jonathan Safran Foer I intend to live forever. So far, so good. Steven Wright Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. Don Marquis This is the great thing about Northern Ireland. I walk down the street and people stop me and say things like, 'I know you. You're that wee go

99 Life Quotes

 Life is lived on the edge. Will Smith I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands you need to be able to throw something back. Maya Angelou For the happiest life, days should be rigorously planned, nights left open to chance. Mignon McLaughlin Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. Benjamin Franklin The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Bertrand Russell My life is my message. Mahatma Gandhi When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. Helen Keller We continue to shape our personality all our life. If we knew ourselves perfectly, we should die. Albert Camus The Indian Summer of life should be a little sunny and a little sad, like the season, and infinite in wealth and depth of tone, but never hustled. Henry Adams Life has a higher end, than to be amused. William Ellery Channing The quality of life

99+ Love Quotes

 Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. James A. Baldwin Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You'll find what you need to furnish it - memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey. Tad Williams Unless you love someone, nothing else makes any sense. e. e. cummings So, fall asleep love , loved by me... for I know love, I am loved by thee. Robert Browning Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives. C. S. Lewis True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen. Francois de La Rochefoucauld Even though I love solar and love wind, like most people do, I like the renewable sources, they alone are not going to get America energy independent. Mitt Romney Love is a spirit of all compact of fire. Shakespeare, William Behold, my friends, the spri