Skip to main content

99 Deep Quotes About Marriage

  1. Everything in life is a lesson and I have learned from each marriage. Yes, I've made mistakes but every experience is a learning curve. Patsy Kensit
  2. It had not occurred to me that marriage requires the same effort as a career. And unlike a career, marriage requires a joint effort. Jessica Savitch
  3. Marriage is a financial contract I have enough contracts already. Linda Fiorentino
  4. Brought up to respect the conventions, love had to end in marriage. I'm afraid it did. Bette Davis
  5. I am the most well-adjusted human being I know. I started out this investigation as a very happy man with a great career. I've got the life people dream about: I am rich, I am famous, I've got a fabulous marriage to an absolutely, spell-bindingly brilliant woman. James Ellroy
  6. My mother and stepfather were married 43 years, so I have watched a long marriage. I feel like I had a very good role model for that. And, you know, it's just a number. Jamie Lee Curtis
  7. I'm knocking our pitiful, pathetic lawmakers. And I thank God that President Bush has stated, we need a Constitutional amendment that states that marriage is between a man and a woman. Jimmy Swaggart
  8. A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. Mignon McLaughlin
  9. Marriage is a special bond made of trust, respect, love. I love you my husband.
  10. Marriage is another trap. If you are someone who likes independence, it's another stamp against that. And you have to swear to fidelity. Carla Bruni
  11. My parents have a wonderful marriage, for many years. But I can't commit myself for such a long time. Kim Wilde
  12. There are four stages in a marriage. First there's the affair, then the marriage, then children and finally the fourth stage, without which you cannot know a woman, the divorce. Norman Mailer
  13. I think you may see again a rise at the federal government level for a - a call for the federal constitutional amendment, because people want to make sure that this definition of marriage remains secure, because after all, the family is the fundamental unit of government. Michele Bachmann
  14. For years my wedding ring has done its job. It has led me not into temptation. It has reminded my husband numerous times at parties that it's time to go home. It has been a source of relief to a dinner companion. It has been a status symbol in the maternity ward. Erma Bombeck
  15. Faithful women are all alike, they think only of their fidelity, never of their husbands. Jean Giraudoux
  16. I was just so lucky to have a wonderful life after a tough marriage. Lynn Johnston
  17. Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance. Jane Austen
  18. Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash. Joyce Brothers
  19. There's only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn what it is I'll get married again. Clint Eastwood
  20. Never ever discount the idea of marriage. Sure, someone might tell you that marriage is just a piece of paper. Well, so is money, and what's more life-affirming than cold, hard cash? Dennis Miller
  21. During last night's debate, John Kerry and John Edwards were so friendly to each other some political experts think that they may end up running together. In fact Kerry and Edwards were so friendly, President Bush accused them of planning a gay marriage. Conan O'Brien
  22. As somebody who, in my second marriage, insisted on a prenuptial agreement, I can also testify that sometimes it is an act of love to chart the exit strategy before you enter the union, in order to make sure that not only you, but your partner as well, knows that there will be no World War III should hearts and minds, for any sad reason, change. Elizabeth Gilbert
  23. Married men live longer than single men. But married men are a lot more willing to die. Johnny Carson
  24. I adore the theater and I am a painter. I think the two are made for a marriage of love. I will give all my soul to prove this once more. Marc Chagall
  25. Culture and tradition have to change little by little. So 'new' means a little twist, a marriage of Japanese technique with French ingredients. My technique. Indian food, Korean food I put Italian mozzarella cheese with sashimi. I don't think 'new new new.' I'm not a genius. A little twist. Masaharu Morimoto
  26. Marriage, if one will face the truth, is an evil, but a necessary evil. Menander
  27. I love being in a relationship, but marriage isn't for me. Arsenio Hall
  28. I think it's something that needs to be said - that there are interracial marriages out there, and the couples live happy lives, and there's nothing wrong with it. Tia Mowry
  29. We can't destroy the inequities between men and women until we destroy marriage. Robin Morgan
  30. I don't know of many evangelicals who want to deny gay couples their legal rights. However, most of us don't want to call it marriage, because we think that word has religious connotations, and we're not ready to see it used in ways that offend us. Tony Campolo
  31. Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays. Henny Youngman
  32. As to marriage or celibacy, let a man take which course he will, he will be sure to repent. Socrates
  33. Books and marriage go ill together. Moliere
  34. Marriage: a ceremony in which rings are put on the finger of the lady and through the nose of the gentleman. Herbert Spencer
  35. I don't know why someone else's marriage has anything to do with me. Elizabeth Edwards
  36. I am hoping this is my year to have children. I understand that I am possibly more European in my views of marriage. I am not going to say I'm not going to get married, but it's not my priority. Emily Procter
  37. One doesn't have to get anywhere in a marriage. It's not a public conveyance. Iris Murdoch
  38. I'd love to have First Lady Michelle Obama over and ask, 'How do you make your marriage work?' I think the president is sexy as all get-out, but he has got to get on her nerves some kind of way. He's this wonderful, powerful man, but she sees him leaving his socks on the floor. Sherri Shepherd
  39. A man in love is incomplete until he has married. Then he's finished. Zsa Zsa Gabor
  40. No one is a friend to his friend who does not love in return. Plato
  41. Where we love is home - home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts. Oliver Wendell Holmes
  42. Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it. Sai Baba
  43. Where there is love there is life. Mahatma Gandhi
  44. Love is an endless mystery, for it has nothing else to explain it. Rabindranath Tagore
  45. Down on your knees, and thank heaven, fasting, for a good man's love. Euripides
  46. Marriage is sacred and protected and has nothing to do with violating our civil rights. Jack Kingston
  47. Marriage is gonna be your stability through everything. Miranda Lambert
  48. The weaker partner in a marriage is the one who loves the most. Eleanora Duse
  49. Marriage is nature's way of keeping us from fighting with strangers. Alan King
  50. I do support a constitutional amendment on marriage between a man and a woman, but I would not be going into the states to overturn their state law. Michele Bachmann
  51. Never again! I can see no reason for marriage - ever at all. I've had it. Three times is enough. Ingrid Bergman
  52. One advantage of marriage is that, when you fall out of love with him or he falls out of love with you, it keeps you together until you fall in again. Judith Viorst
  53. Marriage is for women the commonest mode of livelihood, and the total amount of undesired sex endured by women is probably greater in marriage than in prostitution. Bertrand Russell
  54. Marriage? It's like asparagus eaten with vinaigrette or hollandaise, a matter of taste but of no importance. Francoise Sagan
  55. But I think it's up to a local congregation to determine whether or not a marriage should be blessed of God. And it shouldn't be up to the government. Tony Campolo
  56. On the one hand, the idea of marriage and the sort of traditional family life repulses me. But on the other hand, I long for it, you know what I mean? I'm constantly in conflict with things. And it is because of my past and my upbringing and the journey that I've been on. Madonna Ciccone
  57. The marriage of a man and woman is the most enduring human institution, honored in all cultures and by every religious faith. It's in this institution that children are meant to be nurtured. We know this after thousands of years of human experience. Jeff Miller
  58. If variety is the spice of life, marriage is the big can of leftover Spam. Johnny Carson
  59. I have to be asked, I guess, but I love the idea of marriage. I think it's beautiful. I'm such a romantic, and I always have been. Portia de Rossi
  60. I'm not for gay marriage, but I'm not for discriminating against people. Joel Osteen
  61. An affair now and then is good for a marriage. It adds spice, stops it from getting boring... I ought to know. Bette Davis
  62. Whoever, fleeing marriage and the sorrows that women cause, does not wish to wed comes to a deadly old age. Hesiod
  63. Marriage: A friendship recognized by the police. Robert Louis Stevenson
  64. I grew up in a Hindu household but went to a Roman Catholic school. I grew up with a mother who said, 'I'll arrange a marriage for you at 18,' but she also said that we could achieve anything we put our minds to an encourage us to dream of becoming prime minister or president. Indra Nooyi
  65. I think gay marriage should be the national law. Rose McGowan
  66. Well, you know, the definition of second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience. George Will
  67. There is no greater excitement than to support an intellectual wife and have her support you. Marriage is a partnership in which each inspires the other, and brings fruition to both of you. Millicent Carey McIntosh
  68. There's nothing like a good cheating song to make me want to run home to be with my wife. Steven Curtis Chapman
  69. I support allowing gay couples to marry because of - not in spite of - my values. And many of those values are the same ones deeply held by those who do not believe in gay marriage. Mark Udall
  70. Legislation to create a new 10 percent tax bracket, reduce the marriage penalty, cut the tax rate on dividends and capital gains, and increase the child tax credit have been essential elements in this economic expansion. Roger Wicker
  71. Marriage is something that needs to be worked on every day. I don't know if I'm the one to give marital advice since I've only been married for a little over a year, but marriage is certainly easier if you are open, trusting and loving. Emily Blunt
  72. Experts on romance say for a happy marriage there has to be more than a passionate love. For a lasting union, they insist, there must be a genuine liking for each other. Which, in my book, is a good definition for friendship. Marilyn Monroe
  73. After marriage, a woman's sight becomes so keen that she can see right through her husband without looking at him, and a man's so dull that he can look right through his wife without seeing her. Helen Rowland
  74. Marriage is miserable unless you find the right person that is your soulmate and that takes a lot of looking. Marvin Gaye
  75. I have a wonderful marriage and two great kids. Kelly Preston
  76. One was never married, and that's his hell another is, and that's his plague. Robert Burton
  77. I think that, as with marriage, you just know when it's time to have kids. Ashley Judd
  78. My relationship with Dean was great, but ultimately it wasn't a fulfilling marriage for either of us. LeAnn Rimes
  79. American couples have gone to such lengths to avoid the interference of in-laws that they have to pay marriage counselors to interfere between them. Florence King
  80. My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me. Winston Churchill
  81. On rare occasions one does hear of a miraculous case of a married couple falling in love after marriage, but on close examination it will be found that it is a mere adjustment to the inevitable. Emma Goldman
  82. Marriage is one of the most sacred human institutions. I asked our Senators, as many South Dakotans have done, to protect marriage as a union between a man and a woman. Mike Rounds
  83. French novels generally treat of the relations of women to the world and to lovers, after marriage consequently there is a great deal in French novels about adultery, about improper relations between the sexes, about many things which the English public would not allow. Lafcadio Hearn
  84. In every marriage more than a week old, there are grounds for divorce. The trick is to find, and continue to find, grounds for marriage. Robert Anderson
  85. If there is such a thing as a good marriage, it is because it resembles friendship rather than love. Michel de Montaigne
  86. Obviously, the anti-ERA people are tickled about my ordeal because it proves that the ERA breaks up families. When they point out that feminism is a dangerous thing, I just say marriage is pretty precarious too. Sonia Johnson
  87. Before marriage, many couples are very much like people rushing to catch an airplane once aboard, they turn into passengers. They just sit there. Paul Getty
  88. I support gay marriage. I support gay marriage because I believe Conservatives support the institutions of commitment. George Osborne
  89. Marriage is like a cage one sees the birds outside desperate to get in, and those inside equally desperate to get out. Michel de Montaigne
  90. Marriage is a religious and state issue. Jim DeMint
  91. The death of anti-gay hate speech is no doubt being hastened by the head-spinning speed with which gays as a group - to say nothing of gay marriage - are becoming an unremarkable and even quite traditional parts of American life. Jeffrey Kluger
  92. I'm more afraid of marriage than death. Shakira
  93. Love is not weakness. It is strong. Only the sacrament of marriage can contain it. Boris Pasternak
  94. There's already a marriage clock, a career clock, a biological clock. Sometimes being a woman feels like standing in the lobby of a hotel, looking at the dials depicting every time zone in the world behind the front desk - except they all apply to you, and all at once. Sloane Crosley
  95. Marriage is the mother of the world. It preserves kingdoms, and fills cities and churches, and heaven itself. Jeremy Taylor
  96. Not cohabitation but consensus constitutes marriage. Marcus Tullius Cicero
  97. There is a big misconception about arranged marriage. Yes, it can mean that you meet someone and then have to marry them, but this was my mother saying, 'I'm going to introduce you to so-and-so - If you don't like them, fair enough.' Archie Panjabi
  98. The possibility of divorce renders both marriage partners stricter in their observance of the duties they owe to each other. Divorces help to improve morals and to increase the population. Denis Diderot
  99. My husband and I are either going to buy a dog or have a child. We can't decide whether to ruin our carpet or ruin our lives. Rita Rudner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

99 Hilarious Quotes

It's funny how intimate it feels to get a text. Sophie Ellis Bextor We all know how funny Morrissey is. Actually, you know what? I say that sarcastically. His songs are some of the funniest songs I've ever heard in my life. I mean, really. I mean, not that the 'Girlfriend in a Coma' is, like, really funny. Zach Galifianakis If my films make one more person miserable, I'll feel I have done my job. Woody Allen A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often. Oliver Herford I may be a living legend, but that sure don't help when I've got to change a flat tire. Roy Orbison Literature has drawn a funny perimeter that other art forms haven't. Jonathan Safran Foer I intend to live forever. So far, so good. Steven Wright Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. Don Marquis This is the great thing about Northern Ireland. I walk down the street and people stop me and say things like, 'I know you. You're that wee go

99 Life Quotes

 Life is lived on the edge. Will Smith I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands you need to be able to throw something back. Maya Angelou For the happiest life, days should be rigorously planned, nights left open to chance. Mignon McLaughlin Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. Benjamin Franklin The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Bertrand Russell My life is my message. Mahatma Gandhi When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. Helen Keller We continue to shape our personality all our life. If we knew ourselves perfectly, we should die. Albert Camus The Indian Summer of life should be a little sunny and a little sad, like the season, and infinite in wealth and depth of tone, but never hustled. Henry Adams Life has a higher end, than to be amused. William Ellery Channing The quality of life

99 Best Inspirational Quotes Ever

 Do the best you can, and don't take life too serious. Will Rogers Make your fear of losing your greatest motivator. Unknown We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of. Bruce Lee Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before, how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever. Isak Dinesen I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun. Charles R. Swindoll To be free is to have achieved your life. Tennessee Williams If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough. Meister Eckhart In the course of my life, I have often had to eat my words, and I must confess that I have always found it a wholesome