Skip to main content

99 God Quotes

  1.  God created man, but I could do better. Erma Bombeck
  2. He that takes truth for his guide, and duty for his end, may safely trust to God's providence to lead him aright. Blaise Pascal
  3. Man's mind is like a store of idolatry and superstition so much so that if a man believes his own mind it is certain that he will forsake God and forge some idol in his own brain. John Calvin
  4. No man is excluded from calling upon God, the gate of salvation is set open unto all men: neither is there any other thing which keepeth us back from entering in, save only our own unbelief. John Calvin
  5. Every player should be accorded the privilege of at least one season with the Chicago Cubs. That's baseball as it should be played - in God's own sunshine. And that's really living. Alvin Dark
  6. I believe that the people, instead of pretty lies, should be told the truth, no matter how ugly it may be. What can we do, destiny hasn't been kind to us but, with the help of God, we will prevail. Alija Izetbegovic
  7. There are two kinds of people one can call reasonable: those who serve God with all their heart because they know him, and those who seek him with all their heart because they do not know him. Blaise Pascal
  8. I am as bad as the worst, but, thank God, I am as good as the best. Walt Whitman
  9. Sex is God's joke on human beings. Bette Davis
  10. If thou desire the love of God and man, be humble, for the proud heart, as it loves none but itself, is beloved of none but itself. Humility enforces where neither virtue, nor strength, nor reason can prevail. Francis Quarles
  11. Gibson has been making the finest electric guitars the world has ever witnessed for over 70 years. They are as American as God, guns and rock and roll. Ted Nugent
  12. But I always think that the best way to know God is to love many things. Vincent Van Gogh
  13. The God we serve does not seek out the perfect, but instead uses our imperfections and our shortcomings for his greater good. I am humbled by my own limitations. But where I am weak, He is strong. Rick Perry
  14. God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things which should be changed and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other. Reinhold Niebuhr
  15. I had a million questions to ask God: but when I met Him, they all fled my mind and it didn't seem to matter. Christopher Morley
  16. The function of prayer for money is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays.
  17. God gave women intuition and femininity. Used properly, the combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I've ever met. Farrah Fawcett
  18. If God did not intend for us to eat animals, then why did he make them out of meat? John Cleese
  19. God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless. Chester W. Nimitz
  20. There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved: It is God's finger on man's shoulder. Charles Morgan
  21. If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank. Woody Allen
  22. I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live. Kanye West
  23. Communism has decided against God, against Christ, against the Bible, and against all religion. Billy Graham
  24. I drank the silence of God from a spring in the woods. Georg Trakl
  25. God will not look you over for medals degrees or diplomas, but for scars. Elbert Hubbard
  26. Perhaps religious conscience upsets the designs of those who feel that the highest wisdom and authority comes from government. But from the beginning, this nation trusted in God, not man. Religious liberty is the first freedom in our Constitution. Mitt Romney
  27. I look upon life as a gift from God. I did nothing to earn it. Now that the time is coming to give it back, I have no right to complain. Joyce Cary
  28. God always strives together with those who strive. Aeschylus
  29. The art of life is to live in the present moment, and to make that moment as perfect as we can by the realization that we are the instruments and expression of God Himself. Emmet Fox
  30. Theist and atheist: the fight between them is as to whether God shall be called God or shall have some other name. Samuel Butler
  31. Each one prays to God according to his own light. Mahatma Gandhi
  32. I believe that nothing happens apart from divine determination and decree. We shall never be able to escape from the doctrine of divine predestination - the doctrine that God has foreordained certain people unto eternal life. Charles Spurgeon
  33. Indigestion is charged by God with enforcing morality on the stomach. Victor Hugo
  34. We can stand affliction better than we can prosperity, for in prosperity we forget God. Dwight L. Moody
  35. God is at home, it's we who have gone out for a walk. Meister Eckhart
  36. Me shooting 40% at the foul line is just God's way to say nobody's perfect. Shaquille O'Neal
  37. Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God. Corrie Ten Boom
  38. God is more interested in your future and your relationships than you are. Billy Graham
  39. I've said all along that God is in control. Tony Dungy
  40. I'm going to let God be the judge of who goes to heaven and hell. Joel Osteen
  41. Forgiveness is God's command. Martin Luther
  42. God made me and broke the mold. Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  43. Only one thing is impossible for God: To find any sense in any copyright law on the planet. Mark Twain
  44. The soles of Neil Armstrong's boots on the moon made permanent impressions on our souls and in our national psyche. Ann and I watched those steps together on her parent's sofa. Like all Americans we went to bed that night knowing we lived in the greatest country in the history of the world. God bless Neil Armstrong. Mitt Romney
  45. I cannot and will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand, I can do no other, so help me God. Amen. Martin Luther
  46. And so there is no God but has been in the loins of past gods. Samuel Butler
  47. One must be very particular about telling the truth. Through truth one can realize God. Ramakrishna
  48. I can't understand people calling themselves religious and being hateful. If a preacher is preaching hate, to fear God that's not religion, that's not helping humanity, that's organizing an army to defeat somebody. Mojo Nixon
  49. God's first creature, which was light. Francis Bacon
  50. God loves each of us as if there were only one of us. Saint Augustine
  51. If people destroy something replaceable made by mankind, they are called vandals if they destroy something irreplaceable made by God, they are called developers. Joseph Wood Krutch
  52. God is bigger than people think. Jimmy Dean
  53. I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of Him. Gabriel Garcia Marquez
  54. I think that anything that begins to give people a sense of their own worth and dignity is God. John Shelby Spong
  55. The time you spend alone with God will transform your character and increase your devotion. Then your integrity and godly behavior in an unbelieving world will make others long to know the Lord. Charles Stanley
  56. God is definitely out of the closet. Marianne Williamson
  57. Live, so you do not have to look back and say: 'God, how I have wasted my life.' Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
  58. Sometimes God writes straightforward in twisted lines. Gloria Trevi
  59. It is the heart which perceives God and not the reason. That is what faith is: God perceived by the heart, not by the reason. Blaise Pascal
  60. If you expect the blessings of God, be kind to His people. Abu Bakr
  61. The way to be with God in every season is to strive to be near Him every week and each day. Thomas S. Monson
  62. The just is close to the people's heart, but the merciful is close to the heart of God. Khalil Gibran
  63. When I judge art, I take my painting and put it next to a God made object like a tree or flower. If it clashes, it is not art. Paul Cezanne
  64. I'm trying to make God more relevant in our society. Joel Osteen
  65. One day I promised God that if he would give me my voice back I would never smoke again. I got three octaves back after quitting. Mariah Carey
  66. And I've come to the place where I believe that there's no way to solve these problems, these issues - there's nothing that we can do that will solve the problems that we have and keep the peace, unless we solve it through God, unless we solve it in being our highest self. And that's a pretty tall order. Glenn Beck
  67. Your God is ever beside you - indeed, He is even within you. Alphonsus Liguori
  68. Forgiveness is not a feeling - it's a decision we make because we want to do what's right before God. It's a quality decision that won't be easy and it may take time to get through the process, depending on the severity of the offense. Joyce Meyer
  69. You may call God love, you may call God goodness. But the best name for God is compassion. Meister Eckhart
  70. I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson
  71. Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man. Rabindranath Tagore
  72. Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships. Ansel Adams
  73. He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God. Aeschylus
  74. The very impossibility in which I find myself to prove that God is not, discovers to me his existence. Voltaire
  75. God did not intend religion to be an exercise club. Naguib Mahfouz
  76. Today I love myself as I love my god: who could charge me with a sin today? I know only sins against my god but who knows my god? Friedrich Nietzsche
  77. Hope is the word which God has written on the brow of every man. Victor Hugo
  78. I want to love all the children of God - Christian, Jew, Moslem, Hindu, Buddhist - everyone. I want to love gay Christians and straight Christians. Anne Rice
  79. There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever. Mahatma Gandhi
  80. My gut feelings and my faith tell me that until God shuts a door, no human can shut it. Olusegun Obasanjo
  81. When suffering comes, we yearn for some sign from God, forgetting we have just had one. Mignon McLaughlin
  82. God does not play dice. Albert Einstein
  83. I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. Jim Valvano
  84. Dishonesty is so grasping it would deceive God himself, were it possible. George Bancroft
  85. To believe in God is impossible not to believe in Him is absurd. Voltaire
  86. It is the creative potential itself in human beings that is the image of God. Mary Daly
  87. You can't fake it when you're alone with God, you know. Jim Bakker
  88. I thank my God for graciously granting me the opportunity of learning that death is the key which unlocks the door to our true happiness. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
  89. The god whom science recognizes must be a God of universal laws exclusively, a God who does a wholesale, not a retail business. He cannot accommodate his processes to the convenience of individuals. William James
  90. If the Lord says to give more than you think you are able to give, know that He will provide for you. Whether things are sailing smoothly or the bottom has dropped out, He is always trustworthy. You can count on Almighty God to keep His everlasting Word. Charles Stanley
  91. All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring. Chuck Palahniuk
  92. Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. John Wooden
  93. Love, it has been said, flows downward. The love of parents for their children has always been far more powerful than that of children for their parents and who among the sons of men ever loved God with a thousandth part of the love which God has manifested to us? Augustus Hare
  94. I say, If everybody in this house lives where it's God first, friends and family second and you third, we won't ever have an argument. Jeff Foxworthy
  95. God sleeps in the minerals, awakens in plants, walks in animals, and thinks in man. Arthur Young
  96. I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation and is but a reflection of human frailty. Albert Einstein
  97. Sorrow is a fruit. God does not make it grow on limbs too weak to bear it. Victor Hugo
  98. If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. Ronald Reagan
  99. An honest God is the noblest work of man. Robert Green Ingersoll


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

99 Hilarious Quotes

It's funny how intimate it feels to get a text. Sophie Ellis Bextor We all know how funny Morrissey is. Actually, you know what? I say that sarcastically. His songs are some of the funniest songs I've ever heard in my life. I mean, really. I mean, not that the 'Girlfriend in a Coma' is, like, really funny. Zach Galifianakis If my films make one more person miserable, I'll feel I have done my job. Woody Allen A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often. Oliver Herford I may be a living legend, but that sure don't help when I've got to change a flat tire. Roy Orbison Literature has drawn a funny perimeter that other art forms haven't. Jonathan Safran Foer I intend to live forever. So far, so good. Steven Wright Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. Don Marquis This is the great thing about Northern Ireland. I walk down the street and people stop me and say things like, 'I know you. You're that wee go

99 Life Quotes

 Life is lived on the edge. Will Smith I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands you need to be able to throw something back. Maya Angelou For the happiest life, days should be rigorously planned, nights left open to chance. Mignon McLaughlin Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. Benjamin Franklin The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Bertrand Russell My life is my message. Mahatma Gandhi When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. Helen Keller We continue to shape our personality all our life. If we knew ourselves perfectly, we should die. Albert Camus The Indian Summer of life should be a little sunny and a little sad, like the season, and infinite in wealth and depth of tone, but never hustled. Henry Adams Life has a higher end, than to be amused. William Ellery Channing The quality of life

99+ Love Quotes

 Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. James A. Baldwin Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You'll find what you need to furnish it - memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey. Tad Williams Unless you love someone, nothing else makes any sense. e. e. cummings So, fall asleep love , loved by me... for I know love, I am loved by thee. Robert Browning Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives. C. S. Lewis True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen. Francois de La Rochefoucauld Even though I love solar and love wind, like most people do, I like the renewable sources, they alone are not going to get America energy independent. Mitt Romney Love is a spirit of all compact of fire. Shakespeare, William Behold, my friends, the spri