Skip to main content

99 Dream Quotes

  1. I love my early movies, but naturalism is an artist's early style. Now I want to deal with feelings, dreams, an acceptance of irrationality. Irvin Kershner
  2. Deep down, I'm a Texas girl looking for that big romance every girl dreams about. Biologically, I look forward to being a cornerstone of a family. I'll be in my glory when I have a child on my knee. Renee Zellweger
  3. I'd say it's been my biggest problem all my life... it's money. It takes a lot of money to make these dreams come true. Walt Disney
  4. When we see the face of a child, we think of the future. We think of their dreams about what they might become, and what they might accomplish. Desmond Tutu
  5. The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams. Oprah Winfrey
  6. Strivers achieve what dreamers believe. Usher
  7. My mom taught me to go after my dreams. I have this faith in myself that I must have gotten from her. Amy Jo Johnson
  8. And the Republican Party especially associates the market with the idea of progress, goodness, family, and points us toward the mall as an answer to all our personal dreams. Arlie Russell Hochschild
  9. No person has the right to rain on your dreams. Marian Wright Edelman
  10. It is all nonsense, to be sure and so much the greater nonsense inasmuch as the true interpretation of many dreams - not by any means of all dreams - moves, it may be said, in the opposite direction to the method of psycho-analysis. Arthur Machen
  11. Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity. Khalil Gibran
  12. Seems like half my anxiety dreams are about airports. Lois McMaster Bujold
  13. Dreams can still come true you need a great deal of energy and determination, and a little bit of luck. Stefano Gabbana
  14. Dreams become reality when we put our minds to it. Queen Latifah
  15. We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true. Katie Holmes
  16. I challenge you to be dreamers I challenge you to be doers and let us make the greatest place in the world even better. Brian Schweitzer
  17. My mother was always working for a job, so I guess I was always trained that I should have multiple jobs, multiple aspirations. And I remember she had multiple aspirations, always hearing about her dreams and things she did in the past and things she wanted to do. Puff Daddy
  18. Friends... they cherish one another's hopes. They are kind to one another's dreams. Henry David Thoreau
  19. I am accustomed to sleep and in my dreams to imagine the same things that lunatics imagine when awake. Rene Descartes
  20. The man who never dreams, goes slowly mad. Thomas Dolby
  21. The dreamer can know no truth, not even about his dream, except by awaking out of it. George Santayana
  22. I published in 1978 a report on dreams in the Journal of Clinical Psychology. It was the first study of its kind to demonstrate that it is possible for people to make constructive use of their dreams to improve their lives. Henry Reed
  23. I never felt I would be part of the international scene for 50 caps in my wildest dreams. Kenny Cunningham
  24. The world is seldom what it seems to man, who dimly sees, realities appear as dreams, and dreams realities. Samuel Johnson
  25. The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams. Tupac Shakur
  26. The idea of being able to serve as an example, based upon how to process, how to think, how to realize our own dreams, we can pass that down to our children. Stedman Graham
  27. Hopefully kids will look at me and see that your dreams can come true. Roy Keane
  28. You know, the man of my dreams might walk round the corner tomorrow. I'm older and wiser and I think I'd make a great girlfriend. I live in the realm of romantic possibility. Stevie Nicks
  29. When I was a kid, I wanted to be serious, like Daniel Day-Lewis. No one really dreams of being a comic actor, do they? Now I realise how stupid that is - and it's because comic acting isn't taken seriously enough. It's a discipline. You know instantly - either you're funny and getting the laughs, or you're not. Chris O'Dowd
  30. A positive attitude can really make dreams come true - it did for me. David Bailey
  31. You have to dream dreams to live dreams. Eric Lindros
  32. Where all is but dream, reasoning and arguments are of no use, truth and knowledge nothing Locke, John
  33. I'm not just a boy toy. I have feelings and dreams like anybody else. Jon Stewart
  34. Follow your dreams, believe in yourself and don't give up. Rachel Corrie
  35. No one should negotiate their dreams. Dreams must be free to fly high. No government, no legislature, has a right to limit your dreams. You should never agree to surrender your dreams. Jesse Jackson
  36. Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe. Gail Devers
  37. Dreams are not without meaning wherever thay may come from-from fantasy, from the elements, or from other inspiration. Paracelsus
  38. I tell people I'm too stupid to know what's impossible. I have ridiculously large dreams, and half the time they come true. Debi Thomas
  39. Google is a global Rorschach test. We see in it what we want to see. Google has built an infrastructure that makes a lot of dreams closer to reality. John Battelle
  40. I was always someone who lived in the future all the time, it was always the next thing - dreams of escape. Julie Walters
  41. The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up. Paul Valery
  42. You must recognize, embrace, and be honest about what is real for you today and allow that understanding to inform the choices you make. Only then will you be able to build the future of your dreams. Suze Orman
  43. Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths. Joseph Campbell
  44. Wide awake I can make my most fantastic dreams come true. Lorenz Hart
  45. Dreaming men are haunted men. Stephen Vincent Benet
  46. Take pleasure in your dreams relish your principles and drape your purest feelings on the heart of a precious lover. Giotto di Bondone
  47. A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality. Yoko Ono
  48. Having achieved my own dreams, I want to give to kids who are less fortunate, who struggle with everyday obstacles. I want to give them something positive in their lives: support. Kristi Yamaguchi
  49. If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours. Henry David Thoreau
  50. All the things one has forgotten scream for help in dreams. Elias Canetti
  51. Sometimes your dreams come true. Frank Bruno
  52. This may sound strange but I had dreams as a kid of doing exactly what I ended up doing in my life. Corey Hart
  53. Believe in and follow your dreams. Kristanna Loken
  54. The greatest achievement was at first and for a time a dream. The oak sleeps in the acorn, the bird waits in the egg, and in the highest vision of the soul a waking angel stirs. Dreams are the seedlings of realities. James Allen
  55. I can think of some things that would be fun, but I'm living my dreams. Mike Farrell
  56. I don't remember my dreams. I'm one of those weird people. I know there are tricks and things you can do, but I never remember my dreams. Jayma Mays
  57. Have you ever wondered why young people take to music like fish to water? Maybe it's because music is fun. Plan and simple. It opens up their minds to dream great dreams about where they can go and what they can do when they get older. Isaac Hayes
  58. But we can hold our spirits and our bodies so pure and high, we may cherish such thoughts and such ideals, and dream such dreams of lofty purpose, that we can determine and know what manner of men we will be, whenever and wherever the hour strikes and calls to noble action. Joshua Chamberlain
  59. Dreams have as much influence as actions. Stephane Mallarme
  60. You only get one album. You only get one single. You get one shot in music. But I have a million different dreams. Why can't I go out and try to achieve them all? Who are you to say I can't? Lucy Hale
  61. There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not? Robert Kennedy
  62. The interpretation of dreams is the royal road to a knowledge of the unconscious activities of the mind. Sigmund Freud
  63. But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams. Robin Yount
  64. The great function of poetry is to give back to us the situations of our dreams. Gaston Bachelard
  65. When your dreams tire, they go underground and out of kindness that's where they stay.  Houston, Libby
  66. People's dreams are made out of what they do all day. The same way a dog that runs after rabbits will dream of rabbits. It's what you do that makes your soul, not the other way around. Barbara Kingsolver
  67. Dreams can become a reality when we possess a vision that is characterized by the willingness to work hard, a desire for excellence, and a belief in our right and our responsiblity to be equal members of society. Janet Jackson
  68. God, that dumping ground of our dreams. Jean Rostand
  69. All men of action are dreamers. James Huneker
  70. Your mind, while blessed with permanent memory, is cursed with lousy recall. Written goals provide clarity. By documenting your dreams, you must think about the process of achieving them. Gary Ryan Blair
  71. The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true. Edgar Allan Poe
  72. One day it just hit me. This is it. You are not in love. So either stay in it because you have a child or be brave and find the man of your dreams and marry him for real. Brandy Norwood
  73. Gradually it occurred to me that we spend a great deal of life asleep and that dreams are little narratives, little stories. I thought, 'Who's choreographing this stuff?' Sue Monk Kidd
  74. Dreams seem to have a will of their own. Henry Reed
  75. The London Games will be designed for the athletes and we will provide them with the very best venues and the very best conditions to pursue their sporting dreams in London. Sebastian Coe
  76. Old age realizes the dreams of youth: look at Dean Swift in his youth he built an asylum for the insane, in his old age he was himself an inmate. Soren Kierkegaard
  77. Catcher in the Rye had a profound impact on me-the idea that we all have lots of dreams that are slowly being chipped away as we grow up. Judd Nelson
  78. I work, and then whenever I have any other time, I'm with my daughter, and then I go to sleep. I think you basically have to abandon the dreams of having any other adult activities in your life. You have to go to sleep whenever your child goes to sleep. That's basically how we're doing it. Tina Fey
  79. Don't be afraid of your dreams. Jacques Parizeau
  80. I am consumed with the fear of failing. Reaching deep down and finding confidence has made all my dreams come true. Arsenio Hall
  81. You have to dream before your dreams can come true. Abdul Kalam
  82. A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence. Pam Brown
  83. Ideologies separate us. Dreams and anguish bring us together. Eugene Ionesco
  84. They should hold themselves absolutely upon the immovable foundation of truth and nature, whereby alone they can save themselves from misapprehensions and from the danger of being entirely carried away from reality into mere dreams and fictions. Ethan A. Hitchcock
  85. Yesterday is but today's memory, and tomorrow is today's dream. Khalil Gibran
  86. Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. Harriet Tubman
  87. Dream manfully and nobly, and thy dreams shall be prophets. Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
  88. Don't give up on your dreams, or your dreams will give up on you. John Wooden
  89. Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do. Pope John XXIII
  90. People need dreams, there's as much nourishment in 'em as food. Dorothy Gilman
  91. It's not my job to dream your dreams. It's my job to make your dreams become a reality. Blanche Lincoln
  92. Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. Edgar Allan Poe
  93. But I, being poor, have only my dreams I have spread my dreams under your feet Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. William Butler Yeats
  94. But baseball bounced back in the next decade to reclaim its place as the national pastime: new heroes, spirited competition, and booming prosperity gave birth to dreams of expansion, both within the major leagues and around the world. John Thorn
  95. I mean, every child at one stage dreams of being a prince or a princess. Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark
  96. I think everyone dreams of that nice romantic wedding. Lance Bass
  97. We've removed the ceiling above our dreams. There are no more impossible dreams.  Jackson, Jesse
  98. Dreams grow holy put in action. Adelaide Anne Procter
  99. I have always been amazed at the way an ordinary observer lends so much more credence and attaches so much more importance to waking events than to those occurring in dreams... Man... is above all the plaything of his memory. Andre Breton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

99 Hilarious Quotes

It's funny how intimate it feels to get a text. Sophie Ellis Bextor We all know how funny Morrissey is. Actually, you know what? I say that sarcastically. His songs are some of the funniest songs I've ever heard in my life. I mean, really. I mean, not that the 'Girlfriend in a Coma' is, like, really funny. Zach Galifianakis If my films make one more person miserable, I'll feel I have done my job. Woody Allen A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often. Oliver Herford I may be a living legend, but that sure don't help when I've got to change a flat tire. Roy Orbison Literature has drawn a funny perimeter that other art forms haven't. Jonathan Safran Foer I intend to live forever. So far, so good. Steven Wright Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. Don Marquis This is the great thing about Northern Ireland. I walk down the street and people stop me and say things like, 'I know you. You're that wee go

99 Life Quotes

 Life is lived on the edge. Will Smith I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands you need to be able to throw something back. Maya Angelou For the happiest life, days should be rigorously planned, nights left open to chance. Mignon McLaughlin Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. Benjamin Franklin The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Bertrand Russell My life is my message. Mahatma Gandhi When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. Helen Keller We continue to shape our personality all our life. If we knew ourselves perfectly, we should die. Albert Camus The Indian Summer of life should be a little sunny and a little sad, like the season, and infinite in wealth and depth of tone, but never hustled. Henry Adams Life has a higher end, than to be amused. William Ellery Channing The quality of life

99+ Love Quotes

 Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. James A. Baldwin Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You'll find what you need to furnish it - memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey. Tad Williams Unless you love someone, nothing else makes any sense. e. e. cummings So, fall asleep love , loved by me... for I know love, I am loved by thee. Robert Browning Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives. C. S. Lewis True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen. Francois de La Rochefoucauld Even though I love solar and love wind, like most people do, I like the renewable sources, they alone are not going to get America energy independent. Mitt Romney Love is a spirit of all compact of fire. Shakespeare, William Behold, my friends, the spri