Skip to main content

99 Quotes About Dads

  1.  My dad's not here, but he's watching in heaven. Bubba Watson
  2. Working with my dad was such a gas. We approached the work in a similar way. We only made two films together when I was an adult, Tucker, and Blown Away, but it was so much fun to play with your parent like that. Jeff Bridges
  3. My dad takes care of me as a manager and as a dad. That's his job, you know, to take care of me. He has my best interests at heart. Jessica Simpson
  4. I wanted my children to have the same exposure to the water I had. My strongest memories of Northeast Harbor are going in a small Whaler with my dad, looking for osprey. Parker Stevenson
  5. My dad was a singer in a band and neither of my parents went to college, and I ended up getting into Harvard and was the first person in my family that went to college and it happened to be Harvard. Dean Norris
  6. Although becoming a singer was my plan A after first hearing Whitney Houston when I was 17, I started off with plan B by going to the teacher-training college that my dad went to. It was a slow coming of age. Toni Braxton
  7. The love between father and daughter knows no distance.
  8. It was, you know, probably 80 degrees out in L.A., and my dad took me outside and there was snow. At the time, I thought, 'Every kid doesn't have snow in their backyard on Christmas?' Tori Spelling
  9. My dad had a commercial film company, so he had a videotape player before anyone. So he got Mel Brooks movies or Citizen Kane or some classic old movies. And every summer the revival house in Evanston would show the great films from the '50s and '60s and '70s. John Cusack
  10. Well, for one thing, you know my dad was a cop. Edward Burns
  11. The best thing about being a dad? Well, I think it's just the thing that every man wants - to have a son and heir. George Best
  12. My dad always used to tell me that if they challenge you to an after-school fight, tell them you won't wait-you can kick their ass right now. Cameron Diaz
  13. I'm a fun father, but not a good father. The hard decisions always went to my wife. John Lithgow
  14. My dad has more sparkly stuff than most men. Georgia Jagger
  15. My dad had this philosophy that if you tell children they're beautiful and wonderful then they believe it, and they will be. So I never thought I was unattractive. But I was never one of the girls at school who had lots of boyfriends. Emily Mortimer
  16. Dear Dad, I have known you as a nurturing, loving, caring, and warm-hearted person.
  17. When one has not had a good father, one must create one. Friedrich Nietzsche
  18. I never saw my dad cry. My son saw me cry. My dad never told me he loved me, and consequently I told Scott I loved him every other minute. The point is, I'll make less mistakes than my dad, my sons hopefully will make less mistakes than me, and their sons will make less mistakes than their dads. James Caan
  19. Everybody always wants to rebel against their parents' music, but nobody listened to music louder than my dad. Dan Auerbach
  20. My dad instilled in me a great sense of humor. I wasn't bullied at school because my outward attitude was confident, and that helps. Warwick Davis
  21. Mom and Dad were married 64 years. And if you wondered what their secret was, you could have asked the local florist - because every day Dad gave Mom a rose, which he put on her bedside table. That's how she found out what happened on the day my father died - she went looking for him because that morning, there was no rose. Mitt Romney
  22. The founder of the Mona Foundation actually knew my dad for years, and the more I learned about it, the more I realized I really found the perfect charity. It sponsors schools and educational initiatives all over the planet. Rainn Wilson
  23. I've become a less brave traveller since I became a dad, but in the past I was more foolhardy than brave. David Mitchell
  24. I wanted to perform well for my mom and dad, because in high school, I didn't have a job. My brothers, they worked at Pizza Hut or places like that, but sports, that was my way of giving back. Junior Seau
  25. I was born in 1968, just eighteen months after my sister Chrisse and just one year after Dad passed the bar exam. Carre Otis
  26. My dad was the baby. When he was born they were already successful. They sent him to business school - he probably would have loved to have been a poet or a writer or something, and he was very creative. Bob Balaban
  27. Usually a family is led through the mom or the dad and their career and for the family to be led by my career, even though God has led it, could be a lot of pressure. Stacie Orrico
  28. My father? I never knew him. Never even seen a picture of him. Eminem
  29. I had bohemian parents in Seattle in the last '60s living in a houseboat. My dad wrote science fiction novels and painted big murals and oil paintings. Rainn Wilson
  30. I've always wanted to be a dad. I just can't wait to have a little rug rat running around. I used to want five or six kids, but maybe I've become too self-absorbed over the years. I think two would be perfect. Josh Duhamel
  31. I'd like to play Matt Damon's daddy. He's a wonderful actor, I really admire him, and I'd like to play his dad one day. Larry Hagman
  32. I can't remember a major league game where I could make eye contact with my dad. I kept wondering if he was going to yell at me for hanging a pitch or something. David Cone
  33. I didn't always want to be a dad. Liam Gallagher
  34. My mom and dad met at UCLA when he as a captain in the Air Force and she was in her junior year. Tracy Austin
  35. My father was an Episcopalian minister, and I've always been comforted by the power of prayer. Anna Lee
  36. I didn't want to have braces when I was a kid and I'm pretty sure my dad didn't want to pay for them. Jessica Pare
  37. When a father, absent during the day, returns home at six, his children receive only his temperament, not his teaching. Robert Bly
  38. My dad had a church of 90 people when I was born. It was just, over the years it continued to grow. Joel Osteen
  39. It was my father who taught me to value myself. He told me that I was uncommonly beautiful and that I was the most precious thing in his life. Dawn French
  40. My dad and mom believed that you do what you have to do in private and don't make a big deal out of it. Just try to help people as much as you can. Harry Connick, Jr.
  41. I watched Italia '90 with my Mum and Dad and my brother, you know, leaping around the house when the penalties were on... It would be great to be part of that, to have that kind of impact. Steven Gerrard
  42. Without my dad, I wouldn't be here. Maria Sharapova
  43. Whenever I'm in theatre situations I will go out of my way not to talk about my father, but in the film world I can be really proud of my family and say, 'You know what: my dad's a really, really famous theatre director,' because nobody has any idea. Rebecca Hall
  44. And then before going back for my sophomore year, I decided to change my major to arts and sciences, and my dad cut a deal with me: He said if I'd quit school he'd pay my rent for the next three years, as if I were in school. Sarah Silverman
  45. I absolutely love working with my dad because there is such an ease about it, and I also love his company. Samuel West
  46. My dad would give me $10, which is a lot of money when you're 9, to sing at church, on tables at restaurants, at family functions, just about anywhere. Katy Perry
  47. My dad loved black singers. So listening to New Orleans music, eventually I wanted to play an instrument. Bill Kreutzmann
  48. I wanted to be an actress. I think it had a lot to do with being a kid and watching how every time my dad would stand up to talk people would applaud... that was pretty cool. Eleanor Mondale
  49. My little son, Atticus, desperately needs his dad and I haven't been there for him... and that's sad. Daniel Baldwin
  50. I'm probably a little more like my dad. But because of my mom, I never saw being a woman as being an impediment to being able to do something. She had her Ph.D. before I was born. Mary Cheney
  51. One day when I was like 9, I heard the Beatles on the radio, and I asked my dad who they were. He told me they were the best band in the world, and I became obsessed. He started giving me their albums in sequential order, and I listened to them - and only them - until I was probably in high school. Lukas Haas
  52. It is much easier to become a father than to be one. Kent Nerburn
  53. Politicians... talk in generalities and lies, and I think they've caused all our grief. They're so awful, they're really funny. I hate thinking this because my dad loved politics. Paul Lynde
  54. And, you know, my dad would show me some things sometimes, but the best things that I got to do were to actually see really good players play up close. That gives you an idea of fingering and technique and what not. Dweezil Zappa
  55. Every parent is at some time the father of the unreturned prodigal, with nothing to do but keep his house open to hope. John Ciardi
  56. Me and my dad are the biggest promoters of an estate tax in the US. It's not a popular position. Bill Gates
  57. My father was grounded, a very meat-and-potatoes man. He was a baker. Anthony Hopkins
  58. I'm very at ease, and I like it. I never thought I would be such a family-oriented guy I didn't think that was part of my makeup. But somebody said that as you get older you become the person you always should have been, and I feel that's happening to me. I'm rather surprised at who I am, because I'm actually like my dad! David Bowie
  59. My father was so good-natured and had such a happy disposition. I've always confused him with Jimmy Stewart. So, think Jimmy Stewart. That's my dad. Jane Pauley
  60. And my dad wanted me to play the trumpet because that's what he liked. His idol was Louis Armstrong. My dad thought my teeth came together in a way that was perfect for playing the trumpet. Jackson Browne
  61. A lot of times I would go into a room and audition for whatever sitcom it was and they would expect me to do sort of what my dad was doing and I am not him so they would be disappointed and I would feel nervous and not know exactly how to do it. Jason Ritter
  62. I'm turning into a stricter dad. David Duchovny
  63. I hope I am remembered by my children as a good father. Orson Scott Card
  64. Father told me that if I ever met a lady in a dress like yours, I must look her straight in the eyes. Prince Charles
  65. When my dad toured in '91, I think my first gig properly was the Tokyo Dome, 50,000 people indoors. That was pretty scary. I was 12, or 13. Dhani Harrison
  66. My dad taught me to play bass. He's a bass player he still plays in a band in Michigan to this day. He taught me to play bass when I was about 6. I used to just go to band practice with him, and whoever didn't show up for rehearsal that day, I would take their spot. Mayer Hawthorne
  67. Your kids can say some cruel things to you at times. For example, Nicole, Miles and Sofie are standing there in the room and I'm dressed to kill in my own mind. They'll say to me, 'Dad, you're not going out there looking like that are you?' If that doesn't kill a star, I don't know what does! Lionel Richie
  68. Being a father to my family and a husband is to me much more important than what I did in the business. Tom Bosley
  69. My dad used to say, 'Just because you dress up in a coat and tie, it doesn't influence your intelligence.' Tiger Woods
  70. I grew up with baseball I played in Little League and went to games with my dad. But I, as I grew up, became more of a basketball fanatic than a baseball one. Jonah Hill
  71. We always had lutefisk for Christmas dinner, after which Dad read from the Norwegian Bible. Peter Agre
  72. My Dad hated his job. He sold overcoats, but he wanted to make movies. He had a failed career working with the Ritz Brothers - they were like the Marx Brothers, only a tier below. I always had a picture in my mind of him in a straw hat. Steve Sabol
  73. My dad didn't want me to play guitar. He played piano, so I chose that. And I ended up loving it. Gavin DeGraw
  74. From my dad I learned to be good to people, to always be honest and straightforward. I learned hard work and perseverance. Luke Bryan
  75. I didn't want to travel. I didn't want to leave my family. I heard all these stories from Dad about not having Edward around when he was young, and I didn't want that to happen. Kim Weston
  76. My dad worked several jobs to pay for my expense in skating. Nancy Kerrigan
  77. The only time I think about life beyond F1 is when I contemplate becoming a dad. But there's no way that's going to happen while I'm still racing. To be successful in F1 you need to be very selfish in lots of ways and you're away from home for long periods. That's not the kind of father I want to be. Jenson Button
  78. I listened to the radio, so I was influenced by everyone from Michael Jackson to Milli Vanilli. But thankfully my dad had a collection of Cat Stevens albums while my mom was listening to jazz. Jason Mraz
  79. My father was never anti-anything in our house. Errol Flynn
  80. My dad, Donald, was a vet and had a practice in Yorkshire. Cats and dogs were his bread and butter, but his greatest love was large animals. Alastair Campbell
  81. My dad was a football player - a soccer player - for Manchester United, and I loved playing football, but I also happened to be the guy in class who was pretty good at sight reading. My teacher gave me scripts, and I was very comfortable. Ian McShane
  82. From about eight years old I was always making things on the sewing machine. Friends would see me making dresses and costumes, and I'd use difficult fabrics such as Lycra and elastic. But you know, my dad was creative and my brother is inventive too. Melissa George
  83. I used to have a silk dressing gown an uncle bought in Japan and when I came downstairs in it, my dad used to call me Davinia. There was never embarrassment about that kind of thing. My sister used to dress me up a lot. She thought I was a little doll. David Walliams
  84. I mean, I look at my dad. He was twenty when he started having a family, and he was always the coolest dad. He did everything for his kids, and he never made us feel like he was pressured. I know that it must be a great feeling to be a guy like that. Adam Sandler
  85. I don't really know any other musicians like me. I grew up backstage with my dad who played in a post-war dance band, so I always feel at home at a venue. Pete Townshend
  86. I love my mom and dad. Taylor Momsen
  87. My dad lived till he was 78, my mum was in her 80s, and I've got two uncles who are in their 90s now. Ron Wood
  88. I think women look for that quality in a man of being a good dad whether they're immediately wanting to be a parent or not. Emily VanCamp
  89. I have to remind my dad, 'Journalists - no matter how many cigars they smoke with you - are not your friends, so don't talk to them.' Cameron Diaz
  90. If anybody had a reason to become a delinquent, to become a criminal, to be angry at the man, to be angry at the white man, to be angry at America, it's my dad, but he did not feel that way at all. Larry Elder
  91. The best money advice ever given me was from my father. When I was a little girl, he told me, 'Don't spend anything unless you have to.' Dinah Shore
  92. I had just lost my dad and I remembered all the songs we used to go and hear at concerts, and the records around the house and sometimes we'd play together. Vince Gill
  93. It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father. Pope John XXIII
  94. The only time I ever look good dancing is if I'm next to my dad at a wedding. Cat Deeley
  95. Growing up, I saw my dad do charity work for children with health issues. That had a profound effect on me. David Boreanaz
  96. My dad's half-Lebanese, my mom is full Lebanese. I'm three-quarters Lebanese. Irish-Lebanese. Tom Shadyac
  97. If a dad does his job, we don't need prisons, we don't need jails. That's what I saw growing up. Mike Singletary
  98. I'm probably going to get in trouble for this but 'American Dad' is one of my favourite shows. It gets very dark in places but the jokes are there. Donald Glover
  99. Whenever I did a good performance, my Dad and my uncles, who were rabid movie fans, took me to the movies. There began my underlying love affair with film. Mel Torme


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

99 Hilarious Quotes

It's funny how intimate it feels to get a text. Sophie Ellis Bextor We all know how funny Morrissey is. Actually, you know what? I say that sarcastically. His songs are some of the funniest songs I've ever heard in my life. I mean, really. I mean, not that the 'Girlfriend in a Coma' is, like, really funny. Zach Galifianakis If my films make one more person miserable, I'll feel I have done my job. Woody Allen A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often. Oliver Herford I may be a living legend, but that sure don't help when I've got to change a flat tire. Roy Orbison Literature has drawn a funny perimeter that other art forms haven't. Jonathan Safran Foer I intend to live forever. So far, so good. Steven Wright Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. Don Marquis This is the great thing about Northern Ireland. I walk down the street and people stop me and say things like, 'I know you. You're that wee go

99 Life Quotes

 Life is lived on the edge. Will Smith I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands you need to be able to throw something back. Maya Angelou For the happiest life, days should be rigorously planned, nights left open to chance. Mignon McLaughlin Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. Benjamin Franklin The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Bertrand Russell My life is my message. Mahatma Gandhi When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. Helen Keller We continue to shape our personality all our life. If we knew ourselves perfectly, we should die. Albert Camus The Indian Summer of life should be a little sunny and a little sad, like the season, and infinite in wealth and depth of tone, but never hustled. Henry Adams Life has a higher end, than to be amused. William Ellery Channing The quality of life

99+ Love Quotes

 Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. James A. Baldwin Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You'll find what you need to furnish it - memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey. Tad Williams Unless you love someone, nothing else makes any sense. e. e. cummings So, fall asleep love , loved by me... for I know love, I am loved by thee. Robert Browning Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives. C. S. Lewis True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen. Francois de La Rochefoucauld Even though I love solar and love wind, like most people do, I like the renewable sources, they alone are not going to get America energy independent. Mitt Romney Love is a spirit of all compact of fire. Shakespeare, William Behold, my friends, the spri