Skip to main content

99+ Sweet Love Quotes

  1.  Falling in love consists merely in uncorking the imagination and bottling the common-sense. Rowland, Helen
  2. Behold, my friends, the spring is come the earth has gladly received the embraces of the sun, and we shall soon see the results of their love! Sitting Bull
  3. With our love, we could save the world. George Harrison
  4. If thou desire the love of God and man, be humble, for the proud heart, as it loves none but itself, is beloved of none but itself. Humility enforces where neither virtue, nor strength, nor reason can prevail. Francis Quarles
  5. The great gift of Easter is hope - Christian hope which makes us have that confidence in God, in his ultimate triumph, and in his goodness and love, which nothing can shake. Basil Hume
  6. There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another. Frank Zappa
  7. When our lips touch, I feel like I’m the luckiest guy alive. When I hold you in my arms, I feel as if time freezes and nothing can tear us apart. You constantly make me smile, and there’s never a moment that goes by that I don’t think of you. You mean the world to me and I don’t know what I’d do without you in my life. I truly love you. Richard M. Ryan
  8. There is only one kind of love, but there are a thousand imitations. Francois de La Rochefoucauld
  9. The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost. Chesterton, G.K.
  10. Love can do much, but duty more. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  11. The truth is that there is only one terminal dignity - love. And the story of a love is not important - what is important is that one is capable of love. It is perhaps the only glimpse we are permitted of eternity. Helen Hayes
  12. Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.' Erich Fromm
  13. I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it. Audrey Hepburn
  14. Before I met my husband, I'd never fallen in love. I'd stepped in it a few times. Rita Rudner
  15. In art as in love, instinct is enough. Anatole France
  16. Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has ordained that you shall live. Marcus Aurelius
  17. The truth is I love being alive. And I love feeling free. So if I can't have those things then I feel like a caged animal and I'd rather not be in a cage. I'd rather be dead. And it's real simple. And I think it's not that uncommon. Angelina Jolie
  18. If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question? Lily Tomlin
  19. It's useless to hold a person to anything he says while he's in love, drunk, or running for office. Shirley MacLaine
  20. Do not seek the because - in love there is no because, no reason, no explanation, no solutions. Anais Nin
  21. Love is what we were born with. Fear is what we learned here. Williamson, Marianne
  22. Love is an emotion experienced by the many and enjoyed by the few. George Jean Nathan
  23. For one human being to love another that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks, the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation. Rainer Maria Rilke
  24. Though lovers be lost love shall not. Dylan Thomas
  25. Love is the greatest refreshment in life. Pablo Picasso
  26. Love. What is love? No one can define it, its something so great, only God could design it. Yes, love is beyond, what man can define, for love is immortal, and God's gift is divine.  Unknown
  27. Well, love is insanity. The ancient Greeks knew that. It is the taking over of a rational and lucid mind by delusion and self-destruction. You lose yourself, you have no power over yourself, you can't even think straight. Marilyn French
  28. You will reciprocally promise love, loyalty and matrimonial honesty. We only want for you this day that these words constitute the principle of your entire life and that with the help of divine grace you will observe these solemn vows that today, before God, you formulate. Pope John Paul II
  29. The love of a mother is the veil of a softer light between the heart and the heavenly Father. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
  30. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death. Thomas Paine
  31. A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love. Stendhal
  32. But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. Jesus Christ
  33. Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit. Peter Ustinov
  34. A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. Josh Billings
  35. Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. George S. Patton
  36. Love is the flower you've got to let grow. John Lennon
  37. Nothing can bring a real sense of security into the home except true love. Billy Graham
  38. I have a very strong feeling that the opposite of love is not hate - it's apathy. It's not giving a damn. Leo Buscaglia
  39. Love is much nicer to be in than an automobile accident, a tight girdle, a higher tax bracket or a holding pattern over Philadelphia. Judith Viorst
  40. Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age. Anais Nin
  41. Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. Khalil Gibran
  42. All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt. Charles M. Schulz
  43. Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
  44. Where love rules, there is no will to power and where power predominates, there love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other. Carl Jung
  45. Love may be or it may not, but where it is, it ought to reveal itself in its immensity. Honore de Balzac
  46. Blessed is the influence of one true, loving human soul on another. George Eliot
  47. Tell me who admires and loves you, and I will tell you who you are. Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  48. There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love. Bryant H. McGill
  49. It is very easy to love alone. Gertrude Stein
  50. Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind. Bertrand Russell
  51. If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. Jesus Christ
  52. Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier. Mother Teresa
  53. One's life has value so long as one attributes value to the life of others, by means of love, friendship, indignation and compassion. Simone de Beauvoir
  54. So, fall asleep love, loved by me... for I know love, I am loved by thee. Robert Browning
  55. My mother's love has always been a sustaining force for our family, and one of my greatest joys is seeing her integrity, her compassion, her intelligence reflected in my daughters. Michelle Obama
  56. He that is jealous is not in love. Saint Augustine
  57. It's funny how most people love the dead, once you're dead your made for life. Jimi Hendrix
  58. What do I care about the purring of one who cannot love, like the cat? Friedrich Nietzsche
  59. Love is like a faucet, it turns off and on. Billie Holiday
  60. What I needed most was to love and to be loved, eager to be caught. Happily I wrapped those painful bonds around me and sure enough, I would be lashed with the red-hot pokers or jealousy, by suspicions and fear, by burst of anger and quarrels. Saint Augustine
  61. We pardon to the extent that we love. Francois de La Rochefoucauld
  62. Anxiety is love's greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you. You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic. Anais Nin
  63. Love and doubt have never been on speaking terms. Khalil Gibran
  64. The struggle of my life created empathy - I could relate to pain, being abandoned, having people not love me. Oprah Winfrey
  65. Love is metaphysical gravity. R. Buckminster Fuller
  66. Love and dignity cannot share the same abode.  Ovid
  67. Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired. Robert Frost
  68. Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas. Dale Evans
  69. Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love. Mother Teresa
  70. I have to admit that I fell in love twice. First was with you and the second was with the person you became when you were already mine. Unknown
  71. Mothers are the people who love us for no good reason. And those of us who are mothers know it's the most exquisite love of all. Maggie Gallagher
  72. Do you have to have a reason for loving? Brigitte Bardot
  73. All brave men love for he only is brave who has affections to fight for, whether in the daily battle of life, or in physical contests. Nathaniel Hawthorne
  74. Down on your knees, and thank heaven, fasting, for a good man's love. (<u>As You Like It</u>) Shakespeare, William
  75. You say that love is nonsense....I tell you it is no such thing. For weeks and months it is a steady physical pain, an ache about the heart, never leaving one, by night or by day; a long strain on one's nerves like toothache orrheumatism, not intolerable at any one instant, but exhausting by its steady drain on the strength. Adams, Henry
  76. All love is lost but upon God alone. William Dunbar
  77. I've only been in love with a beer bottle and a mirror. Sid Vicious
  78. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Leo Tolstoy
  79. If you wished to be loved, love. Seneca
  80. Say what you will, 'tis better to be left than never to have been loved. William Congreve
  81. I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people. Vincent Van Gogh
  82. Love is an endless mystery, for it has nothing else to explain it. Rabindranath Tagore
  83. The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. Audrey Hepburn
  84. First love is first love, first marriage is first marriage, disappointment is disappointment. Maximilian Schell
  85. I understand now that the vulnerability I've always felt is the greatest strength a person can have. You can't experience life without feeling life. What I've learned is that being vulnerable to somebody you love is not a weakness, it's a strength. Elisabeth Shue
  86. The most dangerous food is a wedding cake.  Proverb
  87. Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place. Zora Neale Hurston
  88. Love isn't an emotion or an instinct - it's an art. Mae West
  89. I love argument, I love debate. I don't expect anyone just to sit there and agree with me, that's not their job. Margaret Thatcher
  90. Even the rich are hungry for love, for being cared for, for being wanted, for having someone to call their own. Mother Teresa
  91. Listen to your inner-voice: Surround yourself with loving, nurturing people. Fall in love with your art and find yourself. Music is the great communicator. Glenn Hughes
  92. The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire. Ferdinand Foch
  93. There is no time for cut-and-dried monotony. There is time for work. And time for love. That leaves no other time! Coco Chanel
  94. Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit. Khalil Gibran
  95. No matter what you've done for yourself or for humanity, if you can't look back on having given love and attention to your own family, what have you really accomplished? Lee Iacocca
  96. We loved with a love that was more than love. Edgar Allan Poe
  97. Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well. Vincent Van Gogh
  98. A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair. Robert Frost
  99. Prayer does not use up artificial energy, doesn't burn up any fossil fuel, doesn't pollute. Neither does song, neither does love, neither does the dance. Margaret Mead


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

99 Hilarious Quotes

It's funny how intimate it feels to get a text. Sophie Ellis Bextor We all know how funny Morrissey is. Actually, you know what? I say that sarcastically. His songs are some of the funniest songs I've ever heard in my life. I mean, really. I mean, not that the 'Girlfriend in a Coma' is, like, really funny. Zach Galifianakis If my films make one more person miserable, I'll feel I have done my job. Woody Allen A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often. Oliver Herford I may be a living legend, but that sure don't help when I've got to change a flat tire. Roy Orbison Literature has drawn a funny perimeter that other art forms haven't. Jonathan Safran Foer I intend to live forever. So far, so good. Steven Wright Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. Don Marquis This is the great thing about Northern Ireland. I walk down the street and people stop me and say things like, 'I know you. You're that wee go

99 Life Quotes

 Life is lived on the edge. Will Smith I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands you need to be able to throw something back. Maya Angelou For the happiest life, days should be rigorously planned, nights left open to chance. Mignon McLaughlin Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. Benjamin Franklin The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Bertrand Russell My life is my message. Mahatma Gandhi When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. Helen Keller We continue to shape our personality all our life. If we knew ourselves perfectly, we should die. Albert Camus The Indian Summer of life should be a little sunny and a little sad, like the season, and infinite in wealth and depth of tone, but never hustled. Henry Adams Life has a higher end, than to be amused. William Ellery Channing The quality of life

99+ Love Quotes

 Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. James A. Baldwin Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You'll find what you need to furnish it - memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey. Tad Williams Unless you love someone, nothing else makes any sense. e. e. cummings So, fall asleep love , loved by me... for I know love, I am loved by thee. Robert Browning Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives. C. S. Lewis True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen. Francois de La Rochefoucauld Even though I love solar and love wind, like most people do, I like the renewable sources, they alone are not going to get America energy independent. Mitt Romney Love is a spirit of all compact of fire. Shakespeare, William Behold, my friends, the spri