Skip to main content

99 Anger Quotes That Make You Think

  1.  Wars spring from unseen and generally insignificant causes, the first outbreak being often but an explosion of anger. Thucydides
  2. I get in trouble when I say things like, 'I'm attracted to violence.' I was a pretty angry kid, and I got into military history largely as a way to vent my own anger. As I got older it narrowed down to a more specific focus on individual violence. I'm just trying to understand where it came from. Caleb Carr
  3. The anger in the Brigade against those who fought the Republic in the rear was sharpened by reports of weapons, even tanks, being kept from the front and hidden for treacherous purposes. Bill Alexander
  4. Yeah, to me, acting is very therapeutic. I get out a lot of anger and frustration. Diane Kruger
  5. I think I would cope like anyone copes with any tragedy. I'm sure I would be very upset for a while and then there would come a point where I would either have to stay in this place of darkness and anger, or I'd have to accept that it happened. Jason Ritter
  6. When you start suppressing feelings at an early age, it hurts you down the road. Full expression of anger and pain is very important. Andrew Shue
  7. I was never jailed. The fact is that I was arrested, but I went into a diversion programme, and by that time I'd already begun working in what was called anger management. It was a painful and awful moment. David Soul
  8. Us investigators who went out into the field were faced on occasion with a lot of anger, by people saying why has it taken you five or six year to come and see me? Tony Greig
  9. Revenge is often like biting a dog because the dog bit you. Austin O'Malley
  10. I think that all the anger and cynicism comes from suppressing things that we always wanted. John Lee Hancock
  11. For a long time I thought I could deal with my anger and hostility on my own. But I couldn't. I denied that it had affected me, and yet I was so frantic on the inside with other people: I needed to be constantly reassured. Kelly McGillis
  12. So many women keep their anger inside and let it build until they explode and then people blow them off again. Rosalind Wiseman
  13. There are people still in the Republican Party that I believe practice the communication of anger, of disappointment, of regret, of pain, of sorrow, of suffering. That's not what the American people want to hear. Frank Luntz
  14. I suppose there's an anger in all of us. Some hidden rage that you keep at bay. Dominic Cooper
  15. Anger cannot be dishonest. Marcus Aurelius
  16. At the time, 1980, people regarded actresses involved with production with a certain amount of fear, resentment and anger. Jacqueline Bisset
  17. I think there is a big difference between expressing the pain and anger that many African Americans and other people of color may feel versus language that I think now crosses the line and goes into hate. Michael Nutter
  18. The Anger Management Tour was another beautiful thing. I loved that tour. Obie Trice
  19. Fear is the only true enemy, born of ignorance and the parent of anger and hate. Edward Albert
  20. If anger proceeds from a great cause, it turns to fury if from a small cause, it is peevishness and so is always either terrible or ridiculous. Jeremy Taylor
  21. All those who offer an opinion on any doubtful point should first clear their minds of every sentiment of dislike, friendship, anger or pity. Sallust
  22. And I think there's something about conservatives frankly - and the Left, when it comes to their channels of persuasion, are unpersuasive. They are, most of them are hate-filled, obscenity-clogged rants of anger and hatred. Karl Rove
  23. Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. J. R. R. Tolkien
  24. The world in general doesn't know what to make of originality it is startled out of its comfortable habits of thought, and its first reaction is one of anger. W. Somerset Maugham
  25. Beware of him that is slow to anger for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury. Francis Quarles
  26. I accrued anger from people's low opinion of me and my work, and for the work I might be capable of. Harrison Ford
  27. On banks, I make no apology for attacking spivs and gamblers who did more harm to the British economy than Bob Crow could achieve in his wildest Trotskyite fantasies, while paying themselves outrageous bonuses underwritten by the taxpayer. There is much public anger about banks and it is well deserved. Vince Cable
  28. The nice thing about anger is that, as an emotion, it's strong enough to unplug me from the comedian's mind for a minute and just be a frustrated member of the citizenry. Seth Meyers
  29. I have some anger issues. Bryan Cranston
  30. Keep cool anger is not an argument. Daniel Webster
  31. Get mad, then get over it. Colin Powell
  32. Acting in anger and hatred throughout my life, I frequently precipitated what I feared most, the loss of friendships and the need to rely upon the very people I'd abused. Luke Ford
  33. When you learn that a truth is a lie, anger follows. Grace Slick
  34. Anger tears me up inside... My own... or anyone else's. Betty White
  35. He who angers you conquers you. Elizabeth Kenny
  36. Forgiveness is the economy of the heart... forgiveness saves the expense of anger, the cost of hatred, the waste of spirits. Hannah More
  37. I did not want to put myself on the line, as an Australian playing Britain's greatest comic actor. The fans of Sellers are obsessive, possessive - and aggressive. I did not want to risk their anger - or my own reputation. Geoffrey Rush
  38. Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools. Albert Einstein
  39. I was a pretty angry kid, and I got into military history largely as a way to vent my own anger. As I got older it narrowed down to a more specific focus on individual violence. I'm just trying to understand where it came from. Caleb Carr
  40. In our daily life, we encounter people who are angry, deceitful, intent only on satisfying their own needs. There is so much anger, distrust, greed, and pettiness that we are losing our capacity to work well together. Margaret J. Wheatley
  41. Fairest and dearest, your wrath and anger are more heavy than I can bear but learn that I cannot tell what you wish me to say without sinning against my honour too grievously. Marie de France
  42. When angry count to ten before you speak. If very angry, count to one hundred. Thomas Jefferson
  43. Although you may spend your life killing, You will not exhaust all your foes. But if you quell your own anger, your real enemy will be slain. Nagarjuna
  44. Never do anything when you are in a temper, for you will do everything wrong. Baltasar Gracian
  45. To rule one's anger is well to prevent it is better. Tryon Edwards
  46. Grab the broom of anger and drive off the beast of fear. Zora Neale Hurston
  47. Anger is like those ruins which smash themselves on what they fall. Lucius Annaeus Seneca
  48. If either player abandon the game by quitting the table in anger, or in an otherwise offensive manner or by momentarily resigning the game or refuses to abide by the decision of the Umpire, the game must be scored against him. Howard Staunton
  49. No man can think clearly when his fists are clenched. George Jean Nathan
  50. Hurt leads to bitterness, bitterness to anger, travel too far that road and the way is lost. Terry Brooks
  51. The components of anxiety, stress, fear, and anger do not exist independently of you in the world. They simply do not exist in the physical world, even though we talk about them as if they do. Wayne Dyer
  52. It is impossible for you to be angry and laugh at the same time. Anger and laughter are mutually exclusive and you have the power to choose either. Wayne Dyer
  53. Bosnia is under my skin. It's the place you cannot leave behind. I was obsessed by the nightmare of it all there was this sense of guilt, and an anger that has become something much deeper over these last years. Paddy Ashdown
  54. Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned. William Congreve
  55. Shock, confusion, fear, anger, grief, and defiance. On Sept. 11, 2001, and for the three days following the worst terrorist attack on U.S. soil, President George W. Bush led with raw emotion that reflected the public's whipsawing stages of acceptance. Ron Fournier
  56. The quickest way to defuse fear or insecurity or anger is usually humor. I think comics figure that out quickly, and, once you figure it out, you think, 'Hey, if I can do this and get paid, that would be kind of cool.' Billy Gardell
  57. I don't think I could play a character that I couldn't relate to somehow. I'm not unfamiliar with frustration, anger, shame, helplessness and a load of other emotions that make up our psycho-soup. I try to focus on that frustration, that sense of unfairness, and multiply it. Terry O'Quinn
  58. Something my mum taught me years and years and years ago, is life's just too short to carry around a great bucket-load of anger and resentment and bitterness and hatreds and all that sort of stuff. Kevin Rudd
  59. People are always angry at America. They're absolutely certain that America either caused their problems or is deliberately not fixing their problems. But the anger is always directed at America and never at Americans. P. J. O'Rourke
  60. Hatred is inveterate anger. Marcus Tullius Cicero
  61. Anger is seldom without argument but seldom with a good one. Lord Halifax
  62. So I'm not worried about the emotions I carry with me, because I'm happy that I have them I think it's good for the work I do. The emotions that are not healthy are the ones you hold inside, like anger. Diana Ross
  63. When angry, count to four when very angry, swear. Mark Twain
  64. I think anger and laughter are very close to each other, when you think about it. Albert Brooks
  65. The reason why I love people, and writing about them, is because they don't always respond with hate and anger. If they did I wouldn't have a story to tell. Who wants to know about someone who was brutalised and became brutal? I'm interested in the exceptions. Chris Cleave
  66. Anger and jealousy can no more bear to lose sight of their objects than love. George Eliot
  67. Anger is a transient hatred or at least very like it. Robert South
  68. Well, all comedy starts with anger. You get angry, and its never for a good reason, right? You know its not a good reason. And then you try and work it from there. Jerry Seinfeld
  69. If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size? Sydney J. Harris
  70. That's the conundrum of cartoon stripping, as opposed to political cartoons. When your anger is the driving force of your drawing hand, failure follows. The anger is OK, but it has to serve the interests of the heart, frankly. Berkeley Breathed
  71. I think we all have a lot of darkness in our bellies. As an actor, the challenge of tapping into that, reaching down into that sadness or anger, is very therapeutic. Kevin Bacon
  72. The ignorant mind, with its infinite afflictions, passions, and evils, is rooted in the three poisons. Greed, anger, and delusion. Bodhidharma
  73. Indulge not thyself in the passion of anger it is whetting a sword to wound thine own breast, or murder thy friend. Akhenaton
  74. The one who cannot restrain their anger will wish undone, what their temper and irritation prompted them to do. Horace
  75. I've purged myself of bitterness and anger and remained open to love. Tatum O'Neal
  76. I don't play pyrotechnic scales. I play about frustration, patience, anger. Music is an extension of my soul. Dick Dale
  77. Anger is a killing thing: it kills the man who angers, for each rage leaves him less than he had been before - it takes something from him. Louis L'Amour
  78. How often it is that the angry man rages denial of what his inner self is telling him. Frank Herbert
  79. You've just got to have a sense of respect for the person you have children with. Anger doesn't help anybody. Ultimately you have to say forgiveness is important, and honoring what you had together is important. But it's easy to say and harder to do. Nicole Kidman
  80. I have not lost faith in God. I have moments of anger and protest. Sometimes I've been closer to him for that reason. Elie Wiesel
  81. The deferring of anger is the best antidote to anger. Lucius Annaeus Seneca
  82. Growing up in a particular neighborhood, growing up in a working-class family, not having much money, all of those things fire you and can give you an edge, can give you an anger. Gary Oldman
  83. I'm fascinated by rap and by hip-hop. I think there's a lot of poetry in it. There's a lot of anger, a lot of social energy in it. And I think you'd better listen to it pretty carefully, 'cause it's important. John F. Kerry
  84. I realised one day that men are emotional cripples. We can't express ourselves emotionally, we can only do it with anger and humour. Emotional stability and expression comes from women. Bob Hoskins
  85. I'm an angry person, angrier than most people would imagine, I get flashes of anger. What works for me is working out when it's useful to use that anger. Alan Alda
  86. It absolutely helped - to write the father in both 'Juicy' and 'Beasts,' I had to see the whole story from his point of view. All of a sudden I understood more of what my own father must be going through - the fear, the frustration, the anger... the hope that he'll leave a legacy. Lucy Alibar
  87. Obama and his attack dogs have nothing but hate and anger in their hearts and spew it whenever possible. Donald Trump
  88. Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy. Aristotle
  89. I drank for about 25 years getting over the loss of my father and I took the anger out on myself. I did a good job at beating myself up at sometimes. I don't drink anymore but my alcoholic head occasionally says different. 'Nil By Mouth' was a love letter to my father because I needed to resolve some issues in order to be able to forgive him. Gary Oldman
  90. I think people should be angry at things that are worthy of anger. Injustice is outrageous and deserves outrage. Chris Hayes
  91. To talk about balance, it's easier to talk about what's out of balance. And I think anytime that you have any disease, and disease meaning lack of ease, lack of flow... dis-ease. So any time there's disease, you're out of balance, whether it's jealousy, anger, greed, anxiety, fear. Ricky Williams
  92. Experiencing sadness and anger can make you feel more creative, and by being creative, you can get beyond your pain or negativity. Yoko Ono
  93. I am ready to accept all accusations, allegations, anger - but I have to succeed. Boris Trajkovski
  94. The anger of a person who is strong, can always bide its time. James Whitcomb Riley
  95. I had a lot of anger inside me and that came out at times that were not particularly advantageous to me career-wise. Mickey Rourke
  96. Anger is a momentary madness, so control your passion or it will control you. G. M. Trevelyan
  97. I was shocked at the anger toward me. Bernadine Dohrn
  98. He that would be angry and sin not, must not be angry with anything but sin. John Ruskin
  99. I know of no more disagreeable situation than to be left feeling generally angry without anybody in particular to be angry at. Frank Moore Colby


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

99 Hilarious Quotes

It's funny how intimate it feels to get a text. Sophie Ellis Bextor We all know how funny Morrissey is. Actually, you know what? I say that sarcastically. His songs are some of the funniest songs I've ever heard in my life. I mean, really. I mean, not that the 'Girlfriend in a Coma' is, like, really funny. Zach Galifianakis If my films make one more person miserable, I'll feel I have done my job. Woody Allen A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often. Oliver Herford I may be a living legend, but that sure don't help when I've got to change a flat tire. Roy Orbison Literature has drawn a funny perimeter that other art forms haven't. Jonathan Safran Foer I intend to live forever. So far, so good. Steven Wright Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. Don Marquis This is the great thing about Northern Ireland. I walk down the street and people stop me and say things like, 'I know you. You're that wee go

99 Life Quotes

 Life is lived on the edge. Will Smith I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands you need to be able to throw something back. Maya Angelou For the happiest life, days should be rigorously planned, nights left open to chance. Mignon McLaughlin Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. Benjamin Franklin The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Bertrand Russell My life is my message. Mahatma Gandhi When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. Helen Keller We continue to shape our personality all our life. If we knew ourselves perfectly, we should die. Albert Camus The Indian Summer of life should be a little sunny and a little sad, like the season, and infinite in wealth and depth of tone, but never hustled. Henry Adams Life has a higher end, than to be amused. William Ellery Channing The quality of life

99+ Love Quotes

 Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. James A. Baldwin Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You'll find what you need to furnish it - memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey. Tad Williams Unless you love someone, nothing else makes any sense. e. e. cummings So, fall asleep love , loved by me... for I know love, I am loved by thee. Robert Browning Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives. C. S. Lewis True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen. Francois de La Rochefoucauld Even though I love solar and love wind, like most people do, I like the renewable sources, they alone are not going to get America energy independent. Mitt Romney Love is a spirit of all compact of fire. Shakespeare, William Behold, my friends, the spri