Skip to main content

99 Funniest Quotes To Laugh

  1.  Comedians don't laugh. They're too busy analyzing why it's funny or not. James Lipton
  2. My parents are very funny when they have to deal with anything racy or off-color. They usually pretend they don't speak English. Margaret Cho
  3. All the candy corn that was ever made was made in 1911. Lewis Black
  4. Television has brought back murder into the home - where it belongs. Alfred Hitchcock
  5. I wear a necklace, cause I wanna know when I'm upside down. Mitch Hedberg
  6. I'm the only man in the world with a marriage licence made out to whom it may concern. Mickey Rooney
  7. You have to discover when you're inadequate to be funny and you don't know you're inadequate when you're a kid. Larry David
  8. The funny thing is that comedy movie quotes really make me out loud.
  9. If my films make one more person miserable, I'll feel I have done my job. Woody Allen
  10. I have a love interest in every one of my films: a gun. Arnold Schwarzenegger
  11. Ninety-eight per cent of laughter is nothing to do with jokes, which do not deserve to bear the weight of all the funny stuff in the world. Arthur Smith
  12. It's only I have seen enough of it and the funny thing is now, I know that I'm skinny, because I know there are even smaller clothes in the store. I think I'm big, when I was big, I never thought about it. Karl Lagerfeld
  13. Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious. Peter Ustinov
  14. In Hollywood a marriage is a success if it outlasts milk. Rita Rudner
  15. I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me. Fred Allen
  16. A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often. Oliver Herford
  17. It's sort of an action flick. You can't be that funny trying to steal diamonds. Anthony Anderson
  18. If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner. Tallulah Bankhead
  19. By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out. Richard Dawkins
  20. The funny thing is that I'm the girl who no one sees at the beach. Ask anyone who's traveled with me. Normally, I'm in so many layers, I look like Lawrence of Arabia! Vera Wang
  21. I tell girls all the time that the men that have fallen in love with me, have all fallen during a man repeller stage... funny how life works out like that. Rachel Roy
  22. I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you. Robin Williams
  23. I saw 28 Days. I don't remember rehab being like a day camp or being that funny. Rehab is a dumping ground. It's a big landfill. Charlie Sheen
  24. My one regret in life is that I am not someone else. Woody Allen
  25. I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
  26. The audience changes every night. You're the same person. You have to speak your mind and do the stuff that you think is funny and makes you laugh. Joe Rogan
  27. Billy is a funny, cheeky, lovely boy and I love being with him. Parenthood is terrifying though. I can barely walk past a building without panicking that it's going to collapse on his head. Rufus Sewell
  28. Do not worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older it will avoid you. Joey Adams
  29. The surprising thing is that I was not funny in high school. I was always jealous of the funny kids because they always got the girls. I couldn't tell a joke to save my life. Seann William Scott
  30. Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves? Robin Williams
  31. Moderation is a virtue only in those who are thought to have an alternative. Henry A. Kissinger
  32. There's a darkness under 'The Hangover' because ultimately there's a missing person and it's not really that funny. There's a sort of darkness under it that I love, and still people are laughing as hard if not harder than they did in 'Old School.' Todd Phillips
  33. I found there was only one way to look thin: hang out with fat people. Rodney Dangerfield
  34. There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap. Kevin James
  35. Oh all the time when Victoria Wood and I did our series. There were people asking 'Can women be funny?' People still ask that. It's like asking: 'Can women breathe in and out?' Julie Walters
  36. No one ever thought Clint Eastwood was funny, but he was. Annie Leibovitz
  37. I'm not funny. People assume that because my books are funny, I'll be funny in real life. It's the inevitable disappointment of meeting me. Jonathan Safran Foer
  38. One picture is worth 1,000 denials. Ronald Reagan
  39. I don't have to look up my family tree, because I know that I'm the sap. Fred Allen
  40. The prospects for a coherent, hilarious and consistent American comedy seem to lessen every year, as the poor waterlogged, gassy corpse called 'Evan Almighty' proved when it floated ashore recently. So there's a temptation to think too highly of Robin Williams's uneven but occasionally funny 'License to Wed.' Stephen Hunter
  41. For some reason and I don't know why, but I don't think that I'm funny in California. So I always want to do my movies east somewhere. Kevin James
  42. I used to be Snow White, but I drifted. Mae West
  43. Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for. Will Rogers
  44. When I eventually met Mr. Right I had no idea that his first name was Always. Rita Rudner
  45. It's a funny show. The characters are surprisingly likable, given how ugly they are. We've got this huge cast of characters that we can move around. And over the last few seasons, we've explored some of the secondary characters' personal lives a bit more. Matt Groening
  46. I believe, in a funny way, the job of the novelist is to be out there on the fringes and speaking for an experience that has not really been spoken for. Donna Tartt
  47. Be obscure clearly. E. B. White
  48. I wanna make a jigsaw puzzle that's 40,000 pieces. And when you finish it, it says 'go outside.' Demetri Martin
  49. I love to go to Washington - if only to be near my money. Bob Hope
  50. It's funny, the hardest thing to do is to make something look like it's fast, loose and improvised, and get somebody to laugh. Abel Ferrara
  51. It's a required part of your film history to know who Woody is. His movies are so wonderful, and not just funny but so insightful about human behavior. Scarlett Johansson
  52. Ever notice that Soup for One is eight aisles away from Party Mix? Elayne Boosler
  53. When you're out of sight for as long as I was, there's a funny feeling of betrayal that comes over people when they see you again. Esther Williams
  54. People always ask me, 'Were you funny as a child?' Well, no, I was an accountant. Ellen DeGeneres
  55. I don't believe that anybody has come to a conclusion on why something is funny. It's funny because it's ridiculous and it's ridiculous for different reasons at different times. Jackie Mason
  56. I've thought for the last decade or so, the only actual place raw truth was seeping through in newspapers was on the Comics Pages. They were able to pull off intelligent social comment, pure truths not found elsewhere in the news pages, and had the ability to make it all funny, entertaining, and pertinent. Elayne Boosler
  57. A vegetarian is a person who won't eat anything that can have children. David Brenner
  58. And I think that being able to make people laugh and write a book that's funny makes the information go down a lot easier and it makes it a lot more fun to read, easier to understand, and often stronger. So there's all kinds of advantages to it. Al Franken
  59. Why don't you get out of that wet coat and into a dry martini? Robert Benchley
  60. I used to think that everything was just being funny but now I don't know. I mean, how can you tell? Andy Warhol
  61. It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious. Bill Hicks
  62. When I turned about 12 or 13, I realised that being funny wasn't about remembering jokes. It was about creating them. Paul Merton
  63. How many people here have telekenetic powers? Raise my hand. Emo Philips
  64. A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. George Bernard Shaw
  65. It's hard to be funny when you have to be clean. Mae West
  66. The IRS! They're like the Mafia, they can take anything they want! Jerry Seinfeld
  67. I don't think I was funny until college. I lived with some Harvard MD/PhD students - they were so smart, and what I contributed to the house was, I was the funny one. Wendy Liebman
  68. I cannot sing, dance or act what else would I be but a talk show host. David Letterman
  69. Hitchcock had a charm about him. He was very funny at times. He was incredibly brilliant in his field of suspense. Tippi Hedren
  70. On the stage you're there, it's live. There's a beginning, a middle, an end. When something is funny you hear it right away. Theodore Bikel
  71. It's a funny thing about me. I don't have any interest in food most of the time now, although when I was a kid I was always hungry. Alan Ladd
  72. I find it so funny that people find me so interesting. Britney Spears
  73. It's funny. All you have to do is say something nobody understands and they'll do practically anything you want them to. J. D. Salinger
  74. Guilt: the gift that keeps on giving. Erma Bombeck
  75. There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full. Henry A. Kissinger
  76. I thought I was funny as a kid. Jo Brand
  77. I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass. David Lee Roth
  78. If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question? Lily Tomlin
  79. You know what's funny to me? Attitude. Don Rickles
  80. What I don't like is when I see stuff that I know has had a lot of improv done or is playing around where there's no purpose to the scene other than to just be funny. What you don't want is funny scene, funny scene, funny scene, and now here's the epiphany scene and then the movie's over. Paul Feig
  81. But, sooner or later I'd love to do a comedy. I mean I think that, you know, people don't think that that's in my wheelhouse because I've sort of played a lot of dramatic stuff and that's certainly a side of myself that I want at some point in the right context, in the right stuff, that I find really funny. Matthew Fox
  82. One can always come up with funny lists and jokes. You know what? I take it back. Not everyone can always come up with funny lists and some jokes. I'm very lucky to have a gift where I can do that pretty ably. John Hodgman
  83. I've always believed that there are funny people everywhere, but they're just not comedians. In fact, some of my best comedic inspirations were not professional entertainers. Steve Martin
  84. I was the kid next door's imaginary friend. Emo Philips
  85. I'm just not one of those naturally funny, relaxed actors who enjoy the spotlight and are so good at it. Heath Ledger
  86. Life is hard. After all, it kills you. Katharine Hepburn
  87. I want to be in 'Funny Girl.' And I want Ryan Murphy to direct it. Lea Michele
  88. I quit therapy because my analyst was trying to help me behind my back. Richard Lewis
  89. Here's the funny thing about the response I've been aware of to my dating famous people: It's been very negative. I'm either not good-looking enough, not a good enough actor or not successful enough for these people. Dax Shepard
  90. Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance? Phyllis Diller
  91. People forget how outcast 'They Might Be Giants' can be. They have a reputation for writing really deft, funny, clever melodies, and they also make a lot of music for kids, which is terrific, but when you see them in concert, they can rock the house. John Hodgman
  92. I'd like to do a film which is funny. Clive Owen
  93. When I was a boy the Dead Sea was only sick. George Burns
  94. They're great girls. They're very funny, they're very smart, they're fun to be with. They're very lively, as I think people can tell. And you know, they're very confident girls. Laura Bush
  95. I don't think, 'Gee, I'd like to dress this person.' There was a picture in Us magazine. It was a jersey dress, and Courtney Love was wearing it. I have this thing about Courtney Love, this funny worship. Marc Jacobs
  96. With Portlandia, I don't think our intention is always to find something funny. Sometimes the humor comes from taking something really seriously. We're okay with making somebody feel uncomfortable or uneasy. Carrie Brownstein
  97. It's funny to be a critic. Leslie Fiedler
  98. You know, Stephen says, in the movies no one ever goes to the bathroom. They shave, they brush their teeth. He goes right at this sort of funny taboo we have about the bathroom, and he turned it into this nightmare, you know, your worst fear of what's in there. Lawrence Kasdan
  99. My size has helped make me an amazing performer too. The cliche of the Funny Fat Friend: I absolutely was that character - I am that character... It's a complicated bag of tools I acquired, and I've put them all to work onstage. Beth Ditto

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

99 Hilarious Quotes

It's funny how intimate it feels to get a text. Sophie Ellis Bextor We all know how funny Morrissey is. Actually, you know what? I say that sarcastically. His songs are some of the funniest songs I've ever heard in my life. I mean, really. I mean, not that the 'Girlfriend in a Coma' is, like, really funny. Zach Galifianakis If my films make one more person miserable, I'll feel I have done my job. Woody Allen A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often. Oliver Herford I may be a living legend, but that sure don't help when I've got to change a flat tire. Roy Orbison Literature has drawn a funny perimeter that other art forms haven't. Jonathan Safran Foer I intend to live forever. So far, so good. Steven Wright Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. Don Marquis This is the great thing about Northern Ireland. I walk down the street and people stop me and say things like, 'I know you. You're that wee go

99 Life Quotes

 Life is lived on the edge. Will Smith I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands you need to be able to throw something back. Maya Angelou For the happiest life, days should be rigorously planned, nights left open to chance. Mignon McLaughlin Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. Benjamin Franklin The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Bertrand Russell My life is my message. Mahatma Gandhi When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. Helen Keller We continue to shape our personality all our life. If we knew ourselves perfectly, we should die. Albert Camus The Indian Summer of life should be a little sunny and a little sad, like the season, and infinite in wealth and depth of tone, but never hustled. Henry Adams Life has a higher end, than to be amused. William Ellery Channing The quality of life

99+ Love Quotes

 Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. James A. Baldwin Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You'll find what you need to furnish it - memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey. Tad Williams Unless you love someone, nothing else makes any sense. e. e. cummings So, fall asleep love , loved by me... for I know love, I am loved by thee. Robert Browning Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives. C. S. Lewis True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen. Francois de La Rochefoucauld Even though I love solar and love wind, like most people do, I like the renewable sources, they alone are not going to get America energy independent. Mitt Romney Love is a spirit of all compact of fire. Shakespeare, William Behold, my friends, the spri