Skip to main content

99 Faith Quotes

  1.  I have great faith in fools self-confidence my friends call it. Edgar Allan Poe
  2. A man of courage is also full of faith. Marcus Tullius Cicero
  3. Bush's faith in the rightness of his strategy in the broader war is deep-seated. It is a product of faith. Rich Lowry
  4. People define Christianity differently. I think a large portion of our population are Christians, they're not all growing in their faith, they're not all active, but I believe that a lot of people believe in Jesus and believe that he is their Lord and Savior. Joel Osteen
  5. Let judges secretly despair of justice: their verdicts will be more acute. Let generals secretly despair of triumph killing will be defamed. Let priests secretly despair of faith: their compassion will be true. Leonard Cohen
  6. Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. Helen Keller
  7. Faith is permitting ourselves to be seized by the things we do not see. Martin Luther
  8. Anyone who knows history, particularly the history of Europe, will, I think, recognize that the domination of education or of government by any one particular religious faith is never a happy arrangement for the people. Eleanor Roosevelt
  9. Fear clogs faith liberates. Elbert Hubbard
  10. For love would be love of the wrong thing there is yet faith, But the faith and the love and the hope are all in the waiting. T. S. Eliot
  11. Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. Martin Luther King, Jr.
  12. It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself. Muhammad Ali
  13. Life is a battle between faith and reason in which each feeds upon the other, drawing sustenance from it and destroying it. Reinhold Niebuhr
  14. The marriage of a man and woman is the most enduring human institution, honored in all cultures and by every religious faith. It's in this institution that children are meant to be nurtured. We know this after thousands of years of human experience. Jeff Miller
  15. I'm not Candide, nor Dr Pangloss, but we know that faith moves mountains. Daniel Libeskind
  16. Faith is not trying to believe something regardless of the evidence. Faith is daring to do something regardless of the consequences. Sherwood Eddy
  17. You know, my faith is one that admits some doubt. Barack Obama
  18. In the latter case life rests upon a thousand presuppositions which the individual can never trace back to their origins, and verify but which he must accept upon faith and belief. Georg Simmel
  19. I suppose I should say that I treasure blasphemy, as a faith of the highest order. Rick Moody
  20. Therefore, the church is not absolutely necessary as an object of faith, not even for us today, for then Abraham and the other prophets would not have given assent to those things which were revealed to them from God without any intervening help of the church. William Ames
  21. God always takes the simplest way. Albert Einstein
  22. Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church. Thomas Aquinas
  23. So when the only domestic social policy is tax cuts that mostly benefit the wealthiest Americans, we say, 'Where is faith being put into action here?' Jim Wallis
  24. A person who has sympathy for mankind in the lump, faith in its future progress, and desire to serve the great cause of this progress, should be called not a humanist, but a humanitarian, and his creed may be designated as humanitarianism. Irving Babbitt
  25. Anybody who has been seriously engaged in scientific work of any kind realizes that over the entrance to the gates of the temple of science are written the words: 'Ye must have faith.' Max Planck
  26. The world will never have lasting peace so long as men reserve for war the finest human qualities. Peace, no less than war, requires idealism and self-sacrifice and a righteous and dynamic faith. John Foster Dulles
  27. Some theists in evolutionary science acquiesce to these tacit rules and retain a personal faith while accepting a thoroughly naturalistic picture of physical reality. Phillip E. Johnson
  28. It is something that is called MDS. It is a rare blood disorder that affects the bone marrow. I'm going to beat this. My doctors say it and my faith says it. Robin Roberts
  29. Blind faith, no matter how passionately expressed, will not suffice. Science for its part will test relentlessly every assumption about the human condition. E. O. Wilson
  30. It's also reflective of a young person's religion or faith in that it's highly charged with sacramental imagery and with country imagery, because I was in the seminary for so many years in the country. Daniel Berrigan
  31. Visible Faith is an expression of my Christian faith which must be visible to be real! I gave the name to the collection of musicians who worked with me on the record. Ken Hensley
  32. Trust is to human relationships what faith is to gospel living. It is the beginning place, the foundation upon which more can be built. Where trust is, love can flourish. Barbara Smith
  33. You have got to believe in yourself every time you go out there and race. If you have no faith in your ability all that training has been a waste of time. Maurice Greene
  34. It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner. Vince Lombardi
  35. Humor has always been important to me. If there is a shield of faith that you can keep up against difficulties, humor is the Teflon coating. Laurel Lee
  36. I've been speaking at churches for years, as well as juvenile jails, rehabs and hospitals, and I always talk about my faith. That is a declaration of my relationship with God. Smokey Robinson
  37. After 'Four Feathers,' I quit then because I just lost faith. I didn't like how the business was. Wes Bentley
  38. I have no mystic faith in the people. I have in the individual. E. M. Forster
  39. That willing suspension of disbelief for the moment, which constitutes poetic faith. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
  40. I stepped out on faith to follow my lifelong dream of being an author. I made real sacrifices and took big risks. But living, it seems to me, is largely about risk. Jan Karon
  41. Faith and doubt both are needed - not as antagonists, but working side by side to take us around the unknown curve. Lillian Smith
  42. Since the presidency of Ronald Reagan, conservatives have succeeded by adhering to a platform that rests firmly on three legs: smaller government, faith and family, and a strong national defense. These three legs do not merely represent a political coalition they are three necessary components of a strong and secure America. Frank Gaffney
  43. I do not purpose to discuss faith in its dogmatic sense today. Matthew Simpson
  44. Keep the faith, don't lose your perseverance and always trust your gut extinct. Paula Abdul
  45. Faith is the response to something which is calling us from the timeless part of our reality. Sydney Carter
  46. An unexamined faith is not worth having, for fundamentalism and uncritical certitude entail the rejection of one of the great human gifts: that of free will, of the liberty to make up our own minds based on evidence and tradition and reason. Jon Meacham
  47. For more than 200 years, materialists have promised that science will eventually explain everything in terms of physics and chemistry. Believers are sustained by the faith that scientific discoveries will justify their beliefs. Rupert Sheldrake
  48. Belief is a wise wager. Granted that faith cannot be proved, what harm will come to you if you gamble on its truth and it proves false? If you gain, you gain all if you lose, you lose nothing. Wager, then, without hesitation, that He exists. Blaise Pascal
  49. But back to your question, it was a wonderful experience with the Art Ensemble, and I keep in contact and sort of follow what's going on, but it was also very important to make this step, you may say this leap of faith. Joseph Jarman
  50. My faith helps me overcome such negative emotions and find my equilibrium. Dalai Lama
  51. The origin of the absurd idea of immortal life is easy to discover it is kept alive by hope and fear, by childish faith, and by cowardice. Clarence Darrow
  52. Justifying faith is not a naked assent to the truths of the gospel. William Gurnall
  53. God continues to work miracles in my life. Willie Aames
  54. Man doesn't dictate what you do or how you do it. If you believe in God, believe in God have your faith in him. That's where my faith lies. Ray Lewis
  55. We have one life it soon will be past what we do for God is all that will last. Muhammad Ali
  56. Faith moves mountains, but you have to keep pushing while you are praying. Mason Cooley
  57. The orthodox Jewish faith practically excludes woman from religious life. Abraham Cahan
  58. Forgiveness is like faith. You have to keep reviving it. Mason Cooley
  59. Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother. Khalil Gibran
  60. To 'choose' dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the Kool-Aid. Christopher Hitchens
  61. I walked along that slippery slope where if you fail through lack of faith, you sell your soul to the devil. Michelle Shocked
  62. Never be discouraged. If I were sunk in the lowest pits of Nova Scotia, with the Rocky Mountains piled on me, I would hang on, exercise faith, and keep up good courage, and I would come out on top. Joseph Smith, Jr.
  63. Love, like a chicken salad or restaurant hash, must be taken with blind faith or it loses its flavor. Helen Rowland
  64. It is truer to say that martyrs create faith more than faith creates martyrs. Miguel de Unamuno
  65. To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible. Thomas Aquinas
  66. Be courageous. I have seen many depressions in business. Always America has emerged from these stronger and more prosperous. Be brave as your fathers before you. Have faith! Go forward! Thomas A. Edison
  67. It's not the tools that you have faith in - tools are just tools. They work, or they don't work. It's people you have faith in or not. Yeah, sure, I'm still optimistic I mean, I get pessimistic sometimes but not for long. Steve Jobs
  68. Reason is our soul's left hand, faith her right. John Donne
  69. Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety or the handle of faith. Henry Ward Beecher
  70. The mere assemblage of peace loving people to interchange convincing reasons for their common faith, mere exhortation and argument to the public in favor of peace in general fall short of the mark. Elihu Root
  71. There will be trying times during Obama's presidency, and liberty will need staunch defenders. Can Obama reshape liberalism to be, as it was under F.D.R., a fighting faith, unapologetically patriotic and strong in the defense of liberty? That would be a service to our country. Bill Kristol
  72. Reason is an action of the mind knowledge is a possession of the mind but faith is an attitude of the person. It means you are prepared to stake yourself on something being so. Michael Ramsey
  73. Faith is to believe what you do not see the reward of this faith is to see what you believe. Saint Augustine
  74. I've always had great faith in the Man Upstairs. Wayne Newton
  75. I desire an special interest in your prayers that my faith fail not in the day of adversity. John Hawley
  76. If fear is cultivated it will become stronger, if faith is cultivated it will achieve mastery. John Paul Jones
  77. Comics don't work if the story is all in the text and the images are illustrative. It's hard to have enough faith in the artists to allow them to do their job. Denise Mina
  78. Buddhism has a very beautiful teaching that says the worst thing you can do to your soul is to tell someone their faith is wrong. Ricky Martin
  79. In the West, you have always associated the Islamic faith 100 percent with Arab culture. This in itself is a fundamentalist attitude and it is mistaken. Youssou N'Dour
  80. Be a sinner and sin strongly, but more strongly have faith and rejoice in Christ. Martin Luther
  81. You all know that I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces - my family, my friends, and a faith in the power of resilience and hope. These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined. Elizabeth Edwards
  82. And it's one thing to give people freedom and something else to deny the rights of Christians to assert their faith in order to keep Hindus from feeling upset. Pat Robertson
  83. One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself. Lucille Ball
  84. I think there ought to be a strict separation or wall built between our religious faith and our practice of political authority in office. I don't think the President of the United States should extoll Christianity if he happens to be a Christian at the expense of Judaism, Islam or other faiths. Jimmy Carter
  85. Faith is a higher faculty than reason. H. C. Bailey
  86. Faith is the state of being ultimately concerned. Paul Tillich
  87. Nothing which is true or beautiful or good makes complete sense in any immediate context of history therefore we must be saved by faith. Reinhold Niebuhr
  88. Faith is the ticket to the feast, not the feast. Edwin Louis Cole
  89. The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry. Richard Dawkins
  90. It is the heart which perceives God and not the reason. That is what faith is: God perceived by the heart, not by the reason. Blaise Pascal
  91. I'll tell you, in my life I've never once have seen a Hispanic panhandler, because in our community, it would be viewed as shameful to be out on the street begging. Those are all conservative values - faith, family, hard work, responsibility. Ted Cruz
  92. My faith, inasmuch as I have any, is more like a kind of Joseph Campbell thing, and even that frequently finds itself tested to oblivion in siren waters. David Knopfler
  93. To insure the adoration of a theorem for any length of time, faith is not enough, a police force is needed as well. Albert Camus
  94. The parents have a right to say that no teacher paid by their money shall rob their children of faith in God and send them back to their homes skeptical, or infidels, or agnostics, or atheists. William Jennings Bryan
  95. I had to learn my faith and look after my family, and I had to make priorities. But now I've done it all and there's a little space for me to fill in the universe of music again. Cat Stevens
  96. I will always try to share my faith with any person who is willing to listen. When I feel a wall go up, we can talk about something else... and I will pray for you. Gloria Gaynor
  97. For this equilibrium now in sight, let us trust that mankind, as it has occurred in the greatest periods of its past, will find for itself a new code of ethics, common to all, made of tolerance, of courage, and of faith in the Spirit of men. Albert Claude
  98. I heard my name associated with the Peter Pan syndrome more than once. But really, what's so wrong with Peter Pan? Peter Pan flies. He is a metaphor for dreams and faith. Mark Burnett
  99. Getting ahead in a difficult profession requires avid faith in yourself. That is why some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent. Sophia Loren


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

99 Hilarious Quotes

It's funny how intimate it feels to get a text. Sophie Ellis Bextor We all know how funny Morrissey is. Actually, you know what? I say that sarcastically. His songs are some of the funniest songs I've ever heard in my life. I mean, really. I mean, not that the 'Girlfriend in a Coma' is, like, really funny. Zach Galifianakis If my films make one more person miserable, I'll feel I have done my job. Woody Allen A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often. Oliver Herford I may be a living legend, but that sure don't help when I've got to change a flat tire. Roy Orbison Literature has drawn a funny perimeter that other art forms haven't. Jonathan Safran Foer I intend to live forever. So far, so good. Steven Wright Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. Don Marquis This is the great thing about Northern Ireland. I walk down the street and people stop me and say things like, 'I know you. You're that wee go

99 Life Quotes

 Life is lived on the edge. Will Smith I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands you need to be able to throw something back. Maya Angelou For the happiest life, days should be rigorously planned, nights left open to chance. Mignon McLaughlin Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. Benjamin Franklin The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Bertrand Russell My life is my message. Mahatma Gandhi When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. Helen Keller We continue to shape our personality all our life. If we knew ourselves perfectly, we should die. Albert Camus The Indian Summer of life should be a little sunny and a little sad, like the season, and infinite in wealth and depth of tone, but never hustled. Henry Adams Life has a higher end, than to be amused. William Ellery Channing The quality of life

99+ Love Quotes

 Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. James A. Baldwin Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You'll find what you need to furnish it - memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey. Tad Williams Unless you love someone, nothing else makes any sense. e. e. cummings So, fall asleep love , loved by me... for I know love, I am loved by thee. Robert Browning Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives. C. S. Lewis True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen. Francois de La Rochefoucauld Even though I love solar and love wind, like most people do, I like the renewable sources, they alone are not going to get America energy independent. Mitt Romney Love is a spirit of all compact of fire. Shakespeare, William Behold, my friends, the spri