Skip to main content

99 Famous Sayings on Family

  1.  The steady expansion of welfare programs can be taken as a measure of the steady disintegration of the Negro family structure over the past generation in the United States. Daniel Patrick Moynihan
  2. I am a big fan of smelly cheeses but the rest of the family don't seem to be particularly keen on them. Johnny Vegas
  3. I'm not a kid. You don't get in this business for anonymity. It's not like I have posters of myself on the wall, but at the same time, I'm kind of ready for a little bit of it, but I worry for my little one, and my family - their privacy. That's what I'm more protective of. Hugh Jackman
  4. Where would you be without friends? The people to pick you up when you need lifting? We come from homes far from perfect, so you end up almost parent and sibling to your friends - your own chosen family. There's nothing like a really loyal, dependable, good friend. Nothing. Jennifer Aniston
  5. It's long been accepted as fact that the availability of family planning services saves lives. Where women have access to these services, children and families are healthier, and society at large benefits. Martha Plimpton
  6. I do come from a strong family. Arlen Specter
  7. Rarely do members of the same family grow up under the same roof. Richard Bach
  8. My family is more important than my party. Zell Miller
  9. I'm thankful to my family, friends, and fans for all of their support. Serena Williams
  10. If I had no family, my wife and I would lead a much more romantic and nomadic existence. David McCallum
  11. But I am Armenian and I understand what it is to lose a country and lose a family and have massacres and genocides and everything against my people. Andrea Martin
  12. You should be able to afford health care for your family. You should be able to retire with dignity and respect. And you should be able to give your children the kind of education that allows them to dream even bigger, go even farther and accomplish even more than you could ever imagine. Cory Booker
  13. Monarchists frequently declare that without the royal family, Britain would be 'nothing.' What a woeful lack of love for one's country such statements express. Julie Burchill
  14. A close family member once offered his opinion that I exhibit the phone manners of a goat, then promptly withdrew the charge - out of fairness to goats. Jeffrey Kluger
  15. A man filled with the love of God is not content with blessing his family alone, but ranges through the whole world, anxious to bless the whole human race. Joseph Smith, Jr.
  16. I get 0.5 seconds to react to a ball, sometimes even less than that. I can't be thinking of what XYZ has said about me. I need to surrender myself to my natural instincts. My subconscious mind knows exactly what to do. It is trained to react. At home, my family doesn't discuss media coverage. Sachin Tendulkar
  17. My family can always tell when I'm well into a novel because the meals get very crummy. Anne Tyler
  18. I support concrete and progressive immigration reform based on three primary criteria: family reunification, economic contributions, and humanitarian concerns. Jeff Bingaman
  19. Adoption has been a part of my life and a part of my family, so it was how I wanted to start. It felt natural and right to me. Katherine Heigl
  20. I have a family. Philip Seymour Hoffman
  21. My family makes these vinegars - out of everything from grapes to peaches and cherries. We go through the whole process with the giant vat and drainer, label them, and give them as Christmas presents. Mario Batali
  22. The Bible is the great family chronicle of the Jews. Heinrich Heine
  23. It seems to me that unless you or someone very close to you has had a bad head injury, you really can't fathom it. You have no concept of what it is all about. It was so difficult for my whole family, not just me. Barbara Mandrell
  24. I have a lot of very close girlfriends and sisters - I'm from an all female family. My father often quips that even the cat was neutered! Shirley Manson
  25. At a certain point I'm going to want to have a family. Gwen Stefani
  26. Life is not a matter of place, things or comfort rather, it concerns the basic human rights of family, country, justice and human dignity. Imelda Marcos
  27. Thank you to everyone that has made me the athlete I am! God, family and friends, my competitors and supporters! You have all had a hand! Oscar Pistorius
  28. This character feels so much like my brother. He has two children. He has a wife. He works with me. He chooses to stay in New Hampshire because he wants his kids to grow up in the school they started with. He doesn't want them to lose friends. He is his family's hero. Adam Sandler
  29. My family comes first. Maybe that's what makes me different from other guys. Bobby Darin
  30. If you have issues with family, friends, and people at work, try and solve these issues head on so you can move on and concentrate on having the life you want. Think about what you can do so that you are happy with yourself - for instance, eating right to feel great and energetic. Heidi Klum
  31. As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it. Buddy Hackett
  32. I can't tell you how scary it can be walking onto a movie and suddenly joining this family, it's like going to somebody else's Christmas dinner, everyone knows everyone, and you're there and you're not quite sure what you're supposed to be doing. John Cleese
  33. It was only for two years, and I jumped from family to family. It's very scary. Mary J. Blige
  34. There's no road map on how to raise a family: it's always an enormous negotiation. Meryl Streep
  35. Spending $1 for a brand new house would feel very, very good. Spending $1,000 for a ham sandwich would feel very, very bad. Spending $19,000 for a small family car would feel, well, more or less right. But as with physical pain, fiscal pain can depend on the individual, and everyone has a different threshold. Jeffrey Kluger
  36. I had this child, and it destroyed my family. Arnold Schwarzenegger
  37. Being rich is a good thing. Not just in the obvious sense of benefitting you and your family, but in the broader sense. Profits are not a zero sum game. The more you make, the more of a financial impact you can have. Mark Cuban
  38. The last three decades have seen the collapse of the family wage system. Christopher Lasch
  39. Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to the country and to mankind is to bring up a family. George Bernard Shaw
  40. When there is time to think about cricket, I think but when there is time to be with family, I try to do justice to that aspect of my life as well. Sachin Tendulkar
  41. The joke in our family is that we can cry reading the phone book. Ron Reagan
  42. I think that's become passe, but if you can surround yourself with a kind of monument to yourself and your family - a statement - and you can afford it, then that's a noble project. Sylvester Stallone
  43. There's an honesty in our family - my kids and I are able to talk about things without me putting the fear of God into them. Billie Joe Armstrong
  44. The Hispanic community understands the American Dream and have not forgotten what they were promised - that in the U.S., a free market system, allows us all to succeed economically, achieve stability and security for your family and leave your children better off than yourselves. Marco Rubio
  45. My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, 'You're tearing up the grass' 'We're not raising grass,' Dad would reply. 'We're raising boys.' Harmon Killebrew
  46. Of course I regret not having been able to spend time with my family. Aung San Suu Kyi
  47. Women's natural role is to be a pillar of the family. Grace Kelly
  48. I am very lucky, I have a very tight group of friends and a very supportive family, and to this date no-one has ever sold a story on me. Sienna Miller
  49. It's hard enough to work and raise a family when your kids are all healthy and relatively normal, but when you add on some kind of disability or disease, it can just be such a burden. Patricia Heaton
  50. The dream was not to put one black family in the White House, the dream was to make everything equal in everybody's house. Al Sharpton
  51. Anybody who is running a marathon or doing a walkathon, doing a fundraiser for their school, their company, by far it's guaranteed the easiest and most fun way to quickly set up a fundraising campaign and send it around to your friends and family. Edward Norton
  52. My family got all over me because they said Bush is only for the rich people. Then I reminded them, 'Hey, I'm rich'. Charles Barkley
  53. My family and I would never receive royalties on the revenue that my materials brought into the church materials that were created on our own personal time. Robert H. Schuller
  54. I work six months and get three or four with the family. Kyle Chandler
  55. Fundamentalists are panicked by the apparent disintegration of the family, the disappearance of certainty and the decay of morality. Fear leads them to ask, if we cannot trust the Bible, what can we trust? Garrett Hardin
  56. My kids say if there's any family dinner that doesn't result in somebody crying, it's not a good dinner. They cry because it helps relieve them of a guilt or some onerous emotional burden. It's like a family tradition. William Shatner
  57. Instead of plotting the demise of the traditional family, as some politicians and religious leaders would have you believe, gay people mow their lawns and watch 'American Idol' and video their children's concerts and have the same hopes and dreams that their straight counterparts do. Jodi Picoult
  58. Film is an illusion. Fame is ephemeral. Faith and family are what endure. Emilio Estevez
  59. The children have been a wonderful gift to me, and I'm thankful to have once again seen our world through their eyes. They restore my faith in the family's future. Jackie Kennedy
  60. I need my family to remind me in a loving and nice way to lighten up. Debra Winger
  61. If I win and get the money, then the Oakland Police department is going to buy a boys' home, me a house, my family a house, and a Stop Police Brutality Center. Tupac Shakur
  62. Love and fear. Everything the father of a family says must inspire one or the other. Joseph Joubert
  63. Never write an advertisement which you wouldn't want your family to read. You wouldn't tell lies to your own wife. Don't tell them to mine. David Ogilvy
  64. Now is the moment when we can stand up and say, 'I'm an American. I make my destiny. And we deserve better! My children deserve better! My family deserves better. My country deserves better!' So here we stand. Americans have a choice. Mitt Romney
  65. It's all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family. Philip Green
  66. The importance of human life should be universally respected - and that refers to children before they are born and after. All children have the right to be brought up in a loving two-parent family where the notion of divorce is not even possible. Christopher Monckton
  67. I know some people say it's not the best to work with your family, but I have never understood that because it's always worked so well for me. Kim Kardashian
  68. The family is the first essential cell of human society. Pope John XXIII
  69. My ultimate life dream project is my kids. My family. Denzel Washington
  70. But you know, we have a very normal family. We've had our ups and downs. You know, we've had our issues, but we've had great cause for celebration. Julius Erving
  71. In that I found being able to talk to my family about my feelings, praying for strength and realizing that our lives have a deep purpose and the journey of our lives is to find out what that is and express it, was the only way I could have gotten through it. Marlo Thomas
  72. Positive feelings come from being honest about yourself and accepting your personality, and physical characteristics, warts and all and, from belonging to a family that accepts you without question. Willard Scott
  73. The greenest home is the one you don't build. If you really want to save the Earth, move in with another family and share a house that's already built. Better yet, live in the forest and eat whatever the squirrels don't want. Scott Adams
  74. I'm not much of a family man. I'm just not that into it. I love kids, I adore them, but I don't want to live my life for them. Sting
  75. I say, If everybody in this house lives where it's God first, friends and family second and you third, we won't ever have an argument. Jeff Foxworthy
  76. By the time I was 30, nobody would work with me. I was friendless, I was hopeless, I was suicidal, lost my family - I mean, it was bad. Bottomed out, didn't know what I was going to do. I actually thought I was going to be a chef - go to work in a kitchen someplace. Glenn Beck
  77. Since I'm always working, my best holiday memories are definitely when I can just go home and spend time with my family. Chris Brown
  78. The seven deadly sins: Want of money, bad health, bad temper, chastity, family ties, knowing that you know things, and believing in the Christian religion. Samuel Butler
  79. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. Tiger Woods
  80. Some of the things you read you get an immediate reaction to so I've stopped reading things now. I do worry about my family though. Some people do try some nasty things to get at them and try and get a reaction from them. Russell Crowe
  81. With the counseling of my family doctor, my mother ended up turning to Weight Watchers and their children's program. I went to weekly meetings, got counseling and would exercise with my peers who were my size. It was the first time I saw a proper children's portion size, and it wasn't two burgers, it was one. Ginnifer Goodwin
  82. In my particular instance, I came from a family that didn't have anything. Everything I earned in life I made. Myself. With songs that I wrote. Billy Corgan
  83. Outside of being home with my family, I prefer a crowd. Clive Owen
  84. It's very strange that most people don't care if their knowledge of their family history only goes back three generations. Doug Coupland
  85. On Thanksgiving I will stop to give thanks that my family is safe and healthy, especially because I realize that, following the tragedies of this year, it is all too real a possibility that they might not have been. Bobby Jindal
  86. Because of my own family's service (in the U.S. Army, Navy, and Massachusetts and New York National Guard), I am a strong supporter of the military and do believe that there are just wars. Camille Paglia
  87. One person may need (or want) more leisure, another more work one more adventure, another more security, and so on. It is this diversity that makes a country, indeed a state, a city, a church, or a family, healthy. 'One-size-fits-all,' and that size determined by the State has a name, and that name is 'slavery.' David Mamet
  88. We don't have the luxury of time. We spend more because of how we live, but it's important to be with our family and friends. Sara Blakely
  89. I grew up in a dysfunctional family. Melissa Gilbert
  90. If one is desperate for love, I suggest looking at one's friends and family and see if love is all around. If not, get a new set of friends, a new family. Jasmine Guy
  91. My parents were French and Irish and our family even has Spanish blood-and I do so love the United States and consider myself part American. Vivien Leigh
  92. Like all best families, we have our share of eccentricities, of impetuous and wayward youngsters and of family disagreements. Queen Elizabeth II
  93. My family brought me up to be very respectful of people. Emma Bunton
  94. The CIA is made up of boys whose families sent them to Princeton but wouldn't let them into the family brokerage business. Lyndon B. Johnson
  95. Our notion of the perfect society embraces the family as its center and ornament, and this paradise is not secure until children appear to animate and complete the picture. Amos Bronson Alcott
  96. Once I got married and had kids, I moved away from romantic roles, because it seemed wrong to have my 3-year-old wondering why Daddy was kissing someone else. Chevy Chase
  97. Like family, we are tied to each other. This is what all good musicians understand. Billy Joel
  98. The Rooneys are very classy. They're very deliberate with their decision-making. Once you're part of that family, Steeler nation, they treat you with respect. You don't have a lot of rambunctious players running around. Tony Dorsett
  99. I love film. After a yummy meal for the whole family and some truly great friends, we often go out to see something beautiful and unique. Gwyneth Paltrow


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

99 Hilarious Quotes

It's funny how intimate it feels to get a text. Sophie Ellis Bextor We all know how funny Morrissey is. Actually, you know what? I say that sarcastically. His songs are some of the funniest songs I've ever heard in my life. I mean, really. I mean, not that the 'Girlfriend in a Coma' is, like, really funny. Zach Galifianakis If my films make one more person miserable, I'll feel I have done my job. Woody Allen A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often. Oliver Herford I may be a living legend, but that sure don't help when I've got to change a flat tire. Roy Orbison Literature has drawn a funny perimeter that other art forms haven't. Jonathan Safran Foer I intend to live forever. So far, so good. Steven Wright Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. Don Marquis This is the great thing about Northern Ireland. I walk down the street and people stop me and say things like, 'I know you. You're that wee go

99 Life Quotes

 Life is lived on the edge. Will Smith I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands you need to be able to throw something back. Maya Angelou For the happiest life, days should be rigorously planned, nights left open to chance. Mignon McLaughlin Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. Benjamin Franklin The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Bertrand Russell My life is my message. Mahatma Gandhi When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. Helen Keller We continue to shape our personality all our life. If we knew ourselves perfectly, we should die. Albert Camus The Indian Summer of life should be a little sunny and a little sad, like the season, and infinite in wealth and depth of tone, but never hustled. Henry Adams Life has a higher end, than to be amused. William Ellery Channing The quality of life

99+ Love Quotes

 Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. James A. Baldwin Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You'll find what you need to furnish it - memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey. Tad Williams Unless you love someone, nothing else makes any sense. e. e. cummings So, fall asleep love , loved by me... for I know love, I am loved by thee. Robert Browning Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives. C. S. Lewis True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen. Francois de La Rochefoucauld Even though I love solar and love wind, like most people do, I like the renewable sources, they alone are not going to get America energy independent. Mitt Romney Love is a spirit of all compact of fire. Shakespeare, William Behold, my friends, the spri