Skip to main content

99 Quotes on Beauty

  1.  Beauty is less important than quality. Eugene Ormandy
  2. They saw me, those reckless seekers of beauty, and in a night I was famous. Lillie Langtry
  3. I like the beauty of Faulkner's poetry. But I don't like his themes, not at all. Manuel Puig
  4. There are two kinds of artists in this world those that work because the spirit is in them, and they cannot be silent if they would, and those that speak from a conscientious desire to make apparent to others the beauty that has awakened their own admiration. Anna Katharine Green
  5. People tend not to use this word beauty because it's not intellectual - but there has to be an overlap between beauty and intellect. Tadao Ando
  6. I know it sounds a bit corny, but I do think that beauty and sexiness come from within. Rachel Stevens
  7. Grand opera is the most powerful of stage appeals and that almost entirely through the beauty of music. John Philip Sousa
  8. Order is the shape upon which beauty depends. Pearl S. Buck
  9. Beauty is not caused. It is.  Dickinson, Emily
  10. There are three great questions which in life we have over and over again to answer: Is it right or wrong? Is it true or false? Is it beautiful or ugly? Our education ought ot help us to answer these questions. Lubbock, John
  11. There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion. Bacon, Francis
  12. Let me tell you something - being thought of as a beautiful woman has spared me nothing in life. No heartache, no trouble. Love has been difficult. Beauty is essentially meaningless and it is always transitory. Halle Berry
  13. There are two ways to worry words. One is hoping for the greatest possible beauty in what is created. The other is to tell the truth. June Jordan
  14. My mama told me in college, 'I love you, and you're God's child, but natural beauty will only take you so far.' Robin Roberts
  15. Often, the roles I'm offered in England are melancholic women who are filled with regret for the past, regret for their fading beauty. Kristin Scott Thomas
  16. Beauty is everything. Jorja Fox
  17. I love Rauschenberg. I love that he created a turning point in visual history, that he redefined the idea of beauty, that he combined painting, sculpture, photography, and everyday life with such gall, and that he was interested in, as he put it, 'the ability to conceive failure as progress." Jerry Saltz
  18. The beauty of having a producer is that you have someone who says, You're finished. Sheryl Crow
  19. The study of beauty is a duel in which the artist cries with terror before being defeated. Charles Baudelaire
  20. Of course, all of the software I write runs on Linux that's the beauty of standards, and of cross-platform code. I don't have to run your OS, and you don't have to run mine, and we can use the same applications anyway! Jamie Zawinski
  21. Art is beauty, the perpetual invention of detail, the choice of words, the exquisite care of execution. Theophile Gautier
  22. Beauty is being in harmony with what you are. Peter Nivio Zarlenga
  23. Let no man value at a little price a virtuous woman's counsel; her winged spirit is feathered often times with heavenly words, and, like her beauty, ravishing and pure.  Chapman
  24. I really wanted there to be something in my life that I enjoy just for the beauty of it. Robert Caro
  25. Unless action is taken soon - unless we can display the same vision of that earlier period - we will lose the treasure of California's open space and environmental beauty. Adam Schiff
  26. Instead, it appears to be a particular mark of beauty that it is considered with tranquil satisfaction that it pleases if we also do not possess it and we are still far removed from demanding to possess it. Moses Mendelssohn
  27. What a piece of work is man! How noble in reason; how infinite in faculties; in form and moving, how express and admirable! In action, how like an angel; in apprenhension, how like a god; the beauty of the world the paragon of animals! And yet to me what is this quintessence of dust? Shakespeare, William
  28. Beauty attracts us men;  but if, like an armed magnet it is pointed, beside, with gold and silver, it attracts with tenfold power. Richter, Jean Paul
  29. My duty is to try to reach beauty. Cinema is emotion. When you laugh you cry. Roberto Benigni
  30. Beauty, to me is about being comfortable in your own skin. Gwyneth Paltrow
  31. Comics are so full of amazing work. And I can't look at a drawing of a woman without thinking of, for instance, Wallace Wood and his amazing way of capturing beauty. Frank Miller
  32. When you are balanced and when you listen and attend to the needs of your body, mind, and spirit, your natural beauty comes out. Christy Turlington
  33. My beauty icons are women whose images are self-created. Dita Von Teese
  34. The past itself, as historical change continues to accelerate, has become the most surreal of subjects - making it possible... to see a new beauty in what is vanishing. Susan Sontag
  35. After all, it is the divinity within that makes the divinity without and I have been more fascinated by a woman of talent and intelligence, though deficient in personal charms, than I have been by the most regular beauty. Washington Irving
  36. I used to wear a lot of red lipstick, and when I got a pimple, I'd cover it up with eyeliner to turn it into a beauty mark. Selma Blair
  37. Personal beauty is a greater recommendation than any letter of reference. Aristotle
  38. In places where this beauty has already disappeared, we will reconstruct it. Fritz Todt
  39. The pain passes, but the beauty remains. Auguste Renoir
  40. Some songs you get. Some songs you may not. And I think that's the beauty of art: to question and to ask, to understand the deeper meaning after two or three or four listenings. Janelle Monae
  41. I envy the sensibility in Europe, appreciating beauty in women as they age. I'm going to go that way. I might dye my gray hair for a bit, but beyond that the buck stops. I'm not having any work done. Rachel Bilson
  42. I believe every chess player senses beauty, when he succeeds in creating situations, which contradict the expectations and the rules, and he succeeds in mastering this situation. Vladimir Kramnik
  43. The beauty of the past belongs to the past. Margaret Bourke-White
  44. Beauty is not something you can count on. Usually, when people say you are beautiful, it is when there is a harmony between the inside and the outside. Emmanuelle Beart
  45. This is the beauty of the Qur'an: it asks you to reflect and reason, and not to worship the sun or moon but the One who has created everything. The Qur'an asks man to reflect upon the sun and moon and God's creation in general. Cat Stevens
  46. I was always anti-marriage. I didn't understand monogamy. I couldn't figure out how that could last. And then I met Bryn and I started to understand the beauty of constancy and history and change and going on the roller coaster with someone - of having a partner in life. Maria Bello
  47. With guys I revere, like Marcus Garvey or Malcolm X, their look is less about style than purpose and the expression of beauty. It wasn't just about being noticed, you know? Mos Def
  48. All the beauty of the world, 'tis but skin deep. Ralph Venning
  49. People don't associate red hair, pale skin, and freckles with beauty. Shirley Manson
  50. I always say beauty is only sin deep. Hector Hugh Munro
  51. There's a difference between beauty and charm. A beautiful woman is one I notice. A charming woman is one who notices me. John Erskine
  52. I don't have any beauty shop memories. I remember the barber shop. Jenifer Lewis
  53. Beauty is the result of having been through an experience all the way through to the end - therefore it has a poignancy. Beauty that is singular always comes from following an experience to the point where you can go no further. Joan Chen
  54. Beauty fades! I just turned 29, so I probably don't have that many good years left in me. Gwyneth Paltrow
  55. When a girl ceases to blush, she has lost the most powerful charm of her beauty. Gregory I
  56. It seems like the chaos of this world is accelerating, but so is the beauty in the consciousness of more and more people. Anthony Kiedis
  57. Beauty is a relation, and the apprehension of it a comparison. Gerard Manley Hopkins
  58. The way in which mathematicians and physicists and historians talk is quite different, and what a physicist means by physical intuition and what a mathematician means by beauty or elegance are things worth thinking about. Clifford Geertz
  59. Walk on a rainbow trail walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail. Robert Motherwell
  60. Beauty is power; a smile is its sword.  Reade, Charles
  61. And at five o'clock in the morning we left to drive to Old Tucson, and I sat with my mouth open in the van. I was stunned by the beauty of that country. Erika Slezak
  62. First, there is the bare beauty of the logs themselves with their long lines and firm curves. Then there is the open charm felt of the structural features which are not hidden under plaster and ornament, but are clearly revealed, a charm felt in Japanese architecture. Gustav Stickley
  63. Beauty is in the heart of the beholder. H. G. Wells
  64. What is important, then, is not that the critic should possess a correct abstract definition of beauty for the intellect, but a certain kind of temperament, the power of being deeply moved by the presence of beautiful objects. Walter Pater
  65. Beauty is indeed a good gift of God but that the good may not think it a great good, God dispenses it even to the wicked. Saint Augustine
  66. I cannot go to Montreal without going to Beauty's, my favorite place for breakfast, where I have the Mish-Mash omelet with hot dogs, salami, eggs, green peppers, and onions, and the best banana bread in the world. It's legendary! Gail Simmons
  67. A beautiful eye makes silence eloquent, a kind eye makes contradiction an assent, an enraged eye makes beauty deformed. This little member gives life to every part about us; and I believe the story of Argu simplies no more, than the eye is in every part; that is to say, every other part would be mutilated, were not its force represented more by the eye than even by itself. Addison, Joseph
  68. Through Kurt I saw the beauty of minimalism and the importance of music that's stripped down. Dave Grohl
  69. I maintain my inner beauty by trying to lead a balanced life in general. I try to eat healthy foods, but... that doesn't mean I won't treat myself now and then! I work out almost every day, which gives me more energy and helps me feel stronger. I also try to be a genuinely good person to the people around me. Erica Durance
  70. Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite. Like truth and justice it lives within us like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul. George Bancroft
  71. It's hard to say what drives a three year-old, but I think I had a sense that nature was my solace, and nature was a place in which there was beauty, in which there was order. Story Musgrave
  72. The beauty of jazz is that it's malleable. People are addressing it to suit their own personalities. Pat Metheny
  73. You don't have to save the world, but you can be in the world-that's where the beauty comes from. Daphne Zuniga
  74. I recognize in thieves, traitors and murderers, in the ruthless and the cunning, a deep beauty - a sunken beauty. Jean Genet
  75. I thought to be feminine was to give in to straight culture, or the beauty standard, but in my heart I had a flair for fashion and style. They were passions I kept secret because I didn't understand I could love clothes and hair and makeup and still like girls. Beth Ditto
  76. The best beauty advice I ever received is to keep skin hydrated and limit harsh exposure to the sun. If you are set on the tanned look, there are plenty of great creams that will give you a healthy-looking glow. Erica Durance
  77. My mother never put an emphasis on looks. She let us grow up on our own time line. She never forced any beauty regimen into my world. Rachel McAdams
  78. There is beauty when something works and it works intuitively. Jonathan Ive
  79. Visual surprise is natural in the Caribbean it comes with the landscape, and faced with its beauty, the sigh of History dissolves. Derek Walcott
  80. I don't need plastic in my body to validate me as a woman. Courtney Love
  81. Blanche talks about aging, and why should she be considered poor, because physical beauty is transitory and fading and she has such richness of the soul. I think that speech is so beautiful, and so telling and so true. Delta Burke
  82. I'm 40 and I just got my first beauty campaign with Clairol Nice and Easy. Teri Hatcher
  83. I have a real passion for many aspects of home lifestyle and beauty. Rachel Roy
  84. Do not try to push your way through to the front ranks of your profession do not run after distinctions and rewards but do your utmost to find an entry into the world of beauty. Sydney Smith
  85. ...It's a sort of bloom on a woman. If you have it you don't need to have anything else; and if you don't have it, it doesn't much matter what else you have.  Barrie, James Matthew
  86. The reason that the all-American boy prefers beauty to brains is that he can see better than he can think. Farrah Fawcett
  87. Editing yourself is like an irksome coin toss. You've got to strip yourself of super ego and operate from the id. Maybe I've got my Freud mixed up. It's just hard to trade a beauty shot for the performance with truth and a brightly lit zit. Vera Farmiga
  88. The beauty of dystopia is that it lets us vicariously experience future worlds - but we still have the power to change our own. Ally Condie
  89. Beauty is a form of genius - is higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation.  It is of the great facts in the world like sunlight, or springtime, or the reflection in dark water of that silver shell we call the moon. Wilde, Oscar
  90. It's not like I'm sitting at home coming up with some secret beauty plan. Lara Stone
  91. Obscenity, which is ever blasphemy against the divine beauty in life, is a monster for which the corruption of society forever brings forth new food, which it devours in secret. Percy Bysshe Shelley
  92. Beauty, whether moral or natural, is felt, more properly than perceived. David Hume
  93. Having inner beauty is something you develop on your own, and I like to think I have that. Cindy Margolis
  94. Beauty is the oracle that speaks to us all. Luis Barragan
  95. What sort of sap doesn't know by now that picture-perfect beauty is all done with smoke and mirrors anyway? Julie Burchill
  96. I discovered that the horse is life itself, a metaphor but also an example of life's mystery and unpredictability, of life's generosity and beauty, a worthy object of repeated and ever changing contemplation. Jane Smiley
  97. Every performance is different. That's the beauty of it. Van Morrison
  98. Beauty is an outward gift which is seldom despised, except by those to whom it has been refused.  Gibbon, Edward
  99. You don't know what the Chinese expect in the way of beauty. The presentation is just a farce. You come into a room filled with 50 people and they don't talk to you. There's very little interaction. Helmut Jahn


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

99 Hilarious Quotes

It's funny how intimate it feels to get a text. Sophie Ellis Bextor We all know how funny Morrissey is. Actually, you know what? I say that sarcastically. His songs are some of the funniest songs I've ever heard in my life. I mean, really. I mean, not that the 'Girlfriend in a Coma' is, like, really funny. Zach Galifianakis If my films make one more person miserable, I'll feel I have done my job. Woody Allen A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often. Oliver Herford I may be a living legend, but that sure don't help when I've got to change a flat tire. Roy Orbison Literature has drawn a funny perimeter that other art forms haven't. Jonathan Safran Foer I intend to live forever. So far, so good. Steven Wright Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. Don Marquis This is the great thing about Northern Ireland. I walk down the street and people stop me and say things like, 'I know you. You're that wee go

99 Life Quotes

 Life is lived on the edge. Will Smith I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands you need to be able to throw something back. Maya Angelou For the happiest life, days should be rigorously planned, nights left open to chance. Mignon McLaughlin Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. Benjamin Franklin The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Bertrand Russell My life is my message. Mahatma Gandhi When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. Helen Keller We continue to shape our personality all our life. If we knew ourselves perfectly, we should die. Albert Camus The Indian Summer of life should be a little sunny and a little sad, like the season, and infinite in wealth and depth of tone, but never hustled. Henry Adams Life has a higher end, than to be amused. William Ellery Channing The quality of life

99+ Love Quotes

 Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. James A. Baldwin Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You'll find what you need to furnish it - memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey. Tad Williams Unless you love someone, nothing else makes any sense. e. e. cummings So, fall asleep love , loved by me... for I know love, I am loved by thee. Robert Browning Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives. C. S. Lewis True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen. Francois de La Rochefoucauld Even though I love solar and love wind, like most people do, I like the renewable sources, they alone are not going to get America energy independent. Mitt Romney Love is a spirit of all compact of fire. Shakespeare, William Behold, my friends, the spri