Skip to main content

99 Humor Quotes

  1.  Every time I do a movie like 'Finding Neverland' or 'Chocolat' or 'Shakespeare' in Love,' we deal with the creative process, but there's humor and fun along the way. I always love that kind of movie. Harvey Weinstein
  2. The first glass is for myself, the second for my friends, the third for good humor, and the forth for my enemies. William Temple
  3. The comic is the perception of the opposite humor is the feeling of it. Umberto Eco
  4. Cathy was the first widely syndicated humor strip created by a woman. The strip was pretty revolutionary at the time not only because it starred a female, but also because it was so emotionally honest about all the conflicting feelings many women had in 1976. Cathy Guisewite
  5. Our ability to find humor in the world, to make connections between previously unconnected notions, to create new ideas, to share in a common culture: All these essentially human acts depend on memory. Joshua Foer
  6. I failed to fulfill what should have been an interesting role. I couldn't take their formula and bring what I had, my humor, my ideas, and make it my own. Dianne Wiest
  7. Be strong, believe in freedom and in God, love yourself, understand your sexuality, have a sense of humor, masturbate, don't judge people by their religion, color or sexual habits, love life and your family. Madonna Ciccone
  8. Nothing in man is more serious than his sense of humor it is the sign that he wants all the truth. Mark Van Doren
  9. Good humor is the health of the soul, sadness is its poison. Lord Chesterfield
  10. Lesbian humor isn't trying to sell anything, it doesn't have to sell out. Coming out as a lesbian onstage is still a very political act if it weren't, more women would do it. Kate Clinton
  11. Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he isn't. A sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is. Horace Walpole
  12. I don't understand how somebody wouldn't have a sense of humor about themselves. John Malkovich
  13. A little perspective, like a little humor, goes a long way. Allen Klein
  14. The nation that complacently and fearfully allows its artists and writers to become suspected rather than respected is no longer regarded as a nation possessed with humor or depth. James Thurber
  15. Absurdity is what I like most in life, and there's humor in struggling in ignorance. If you saw a man repeatedly running into a wall until he was a bloody pulp, after a while it would make you laugh because it becomes absurd. David Lynch
  16. I never worry about people not taking my work seriously as a result of the humor. In the end, the comic's best trick is the illusion that comedy is effortless. That people imagine what he's doing is easy is an occupational hazard. Richard Russo
  17. Don't wish me happiness - I don't expect to be happy it's gotten beyond that, somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor - I will need them all. Anne Morrow Lindbergh
  18. Women's humor seems to be a little more supportive. It's just kind of trying to make the other one laugh through funny voices and kind of talking about other people. I respond to that. I feel less like I'm going to get beat up in a room full of women than I do in a room full of guys. Paul Feig
  19. Using no control and using humor will build a relationship and make a dent to where the client puts the counselor in their quality world and then begins to relate and seek out the counselor. Effective therapy begins with the acceptance of the therapist into the client's quality world. William Glasser
  20. Humor is a social lubricant that helps us get over some of the bad spots. Steve Allen
  21. It felt as if things were literally slipping through my fingers. Things were just streaming away from me. I lost my sense of humor. I'm still looking for that. Michelle Williams
  22. But if you read Jane Austen, you know that she had a wicked sense of humor. Not only was she funny, but her early writing was very dark and had a gothic tone to it. Seth Grahame-Smith
  23. There seems to be no lengths to which humorless people will not go to analyze humor. It seems to worry them. Robert Benchley
  24. We are really living the American dream, to be a successful brand in the States and in Europe and to steep ourselves in our heritage. But we do it with a sense of humor. We don't take ourselves too seriously in fashion. Tommy Hilfiger
  25. If you could choose one characteristic that would get you through life, choose a sense of humor. Jennifer Jones
  26. I think a lot of humor is about distracting yourself. Pretend you're not trying to make it funny. Because for some reason the effort to be funny smells like sulphur in our culture. Sloane Crosley
  27. I have this horrible sense of humor where I think discomfort is funny - partly because I experience discomfort a lot, and it's a way of laughing at it and getting a release. Joaquin Phoenix
  28. We do not take humor seriously enough. Konrad Lorenz
  29. Bad humor is an evasion of reality good humor is an acceptance of it. Malcolm Muggeridge
  30. Although Kurt Vonnegut may not be considered a humor writer, 'Breakfast of Champions' is one of the funniest books I've ever read. Justin Halpern
  31. If you look at the game and everything, it's not quite like looking at an animated film, because that's total character. This, this is really movement, but it's got funny little things if you look for the humor. They're actually getting to the character. Don Bluth
  32. I've always been really dark, and drawn to darker humor. Nothing has been forced, and I don't say anything for shock value. Amy Schumer
  33. If one tends to be a humorous person and you have a sense of humor the rest of your life then you can certainly lighten the load, I think, by bringing that to your trials and tribulations. It's easy to have a sense of humor when everything is going well. Alan Thicke
  34. One doesn't have a sense of humor. It has you. Larry Gelbart
  35. Sure, the comedians who swear or use scatological humor can get laughs, but they're uncomfortable laughs. John Ratzenberger
  36. The total absence of humor from the Bible is one of the most singular things in all literature. Alfred North Whitehead
  37. If golf wasn't enjoyable and there wasn't a lot of humor and enjoyment, even though the game is so frustrating, you would wonder why you put yourself through it. Ray Romano
  38. The president of General Motors was in a foul humor. Arthur Hailey
  39. I try to bring it across on my record, in my dress, in what I do and what I say because to me humor is important. You should have a dose of that and I guess giving it is what I'm here for. Bootsy Collins
  40. But because it was able to balance that kind of humor with a sweet story and characters you really rooted for and also got across the girls' point of view, I've heard nothing but great things from younger and older females as well. Jason Biggs
  41. As I get older, my sense of humor is my biggest asset. David Alan Grier
  42. I think the scariest person in the world is the person with no sense of humor. Michael J. Fox
  43. Rock Hudson wasn't my type. He's a great guy and had a great sense of humor. Tab Hunter
  44. This is a feminist bookstore. There is no humor section. John Callahan
  45. The love of truth lies at the root of much humor. Robertson Davies
  46. In the 'Hurt Locker' there's a lot of me in there, a sense of humor, a man of few words and a lot of action. Jeremy Renner
  47. Even celebrities, most people have a sense of humor. Most of the people we meet who we've done on the show, like it. Matt Stone
  48. No mind is thoroughly well organized that is deficient in a sense of humor. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
  49. For the most part, comedians are pretty friendly with each other. They always say they badmouth each other, but most of the time, they're friends. We're the only ones that can really stand our type of humor. Colin Quinn
  50. Advertisers also know that humor can help bond us to their product. Allen Klein
  51. It's funny. People often compare me to other humor essayists. They're usually quite nice comparisons I will accept those gladly. But I am always sort of appalled at the idea of being lumped with other, more chick-y female writers. And the truth is probably that neither comparison is accurate. Sloane Crosley
  52. People who know me know I have a sense of humor that can really push the envelope. Carmen Electra
  53. There is nothing like the way people feel after they've seen 'The Intouchables.' They feel amazing. The word of mouth on this film is incredible. It's intelligent-feeling good. You're not insulted by the low-browness or stupidity of some of the humor. It's so smart and terrific. Harvey Weinstein
  54. I really hate sitcoms on television with canned laughter and stuff. What really makes me laugh is the real-life stuff. I've got a dry sense of humor. Katie Price
  55. I am in the Master of Professional Writing program teaching Humor Writing, Literary and Dramatic. Shelley Berman
  56. I think humor is important for all of us, and a great comedian is a great treasure. Leila Josefowicz
  57. If I ever have sex with someone I might be able to develop a sense of humor. Kate Beckinsale
  58. Academics tend to have wonderfully infantile senses of humor. John Lithgow
  59. I like bawdy humor. I love bawdy humor, but not dirty humor. Betty White
  60. Humor is a very important thing. It is a natural predilection. It is an emotional release. Ray Stevenson
  61. The overwhelming majority of Americans are possessed of two great qualities a sense of humor and a sense of proportion. Franklin D. Roosevelt
  62. I think that sense of humor is important in marriage. A sense of humor gets people through marriage. Connie Britton
  63. Being a Hot Mom means being respected as a mom and a woman. And, the key to being a Hot Mom is having a sense of humor about yourself and all the crazy situations that arise. Jami Gertz
  64. There's always a source for humor. Calvin Trillin
  65. I like being a Baha'i who has an out-there sense of humor. God gives us talents and faculties, and making people laugh is one of mine. Rainn Wilson
  66. Humor must not professedly teach and it must not professedly preach, but it must do both if it would live forever. Mark Twain
  67. I like to deal with EVERY aspect of our condition, and that means terror and humor in equal mix. Some books have more room for humor than others. Dean Koontz
  68. Nothing is so galling to a people not broken in from the birth as a paternal, or in other words a meddling government, a government which tells them what to read and say and eat and drink and wear. Thomas W. Higginson
  69. Humor can alter any situation and help us cope at the very instant we are laughing. Allen Klein
  70. With actors like Steve McQueen, Paul Newman and Harrison Ford, what made them such icons is that even in dramatic movies, their characters had a sense of humor. Patrick Wilson
  71. Humor is reason gone mad. Groucho Marx
  72. Our humor turns our anger into a fine art. Mary Kay Blakely
  73. Newspaper people, once celebrated as founts of ribald humor and uncouth fun, have of late lost all their gaiety, and small wonder. Russell Baker
  74. I think that sense of humor is important in marriage. A sense of humor gets people through marriage. Kyle Chandler
  75. I don't really dissect comedy. Nothing kills off humor more than overanalyzing it. David Steinberg
  76. Comedy, we may say, is society protecting itself - with a smile. J. B. Priestley
  77. If the blood humor is too strong and robust, calm it with balance and harmony. Xun Zi
  78. Today's business and health care climate may not be pleasant. Cutbacks, pay cuts and layoffs do not make anyone's job easy. But that does not mean that the humor need stop. Allen Klein
  79. I'm lucky that my real-life Mom has both a great sense of humor about herself and an amazing ability to slip into complete denial if the subject matter gets a little too close to home. Cathy Guisewite
  80. The script was just the best I'd read in a long time and I love the humor, which I wasn't expecting, and I like the fact that my six year old daughter can see the show without being, you know, protected from it. Stephen Collins
  81. The sense of humor has other things to do than to make itself conspicuous in the act of laughter. Alice Meynell
  82. Humor does not diminish the pain - it makes the space around it get bigger. Allen Klein
  83. Men are happy to be laughed at for their humor, but not for their folly. Jonathan Swift
  84. Writing a novel is one of those modern rites of passage, I think, that lead us from an innocent world of contentment, drunkenness, and good humor, to a state of chronic edginess and the perpetual scanning of bank statements. J. G. Ballard
  85. Humor is always based on a modicum of truth. Have you ever heard a joke about a father-in-law? Dick Clark
  86. Humor is everywhere, in that there's irony in just about anything a human does. Bill Nye
  87. However, frat-boy humor is funny and it always will be. Craig Kilborn
  88. It's good to be able to laugh at yourself and the problems you face in life. Sense of humor can save you. Margaret Cho
  89. I love doing comedy. You don't get many good comedy scripts. They're rare. But, I do love playing comedy. Even in drama, I like to try to find the humor because I think it's very human. Colm Meaney
  90. People who know me , they know I have a sense of humor, I'm a bit of a joker, a bit of a clown really, and I would love someone to exploit that side of me and send me a romantic comedy. Gary Oldman
  91. Have a sense of humor about life - you will need it. And be courteous. Peter Jennings
  92. Putting a little time aside for clean fun and good humor is very necessary to relieve the tensions of our time. Hattie McDaniel
  93. Conservative humor is frankly harder than liberal humor. You get points for just being liberal. You can get more points if you make fun of your own side sometimes. Ted Rall
  94. You are not angry with people when you laugh at them. Humor teaches tolerance. W. Somerset Maugham
  95. I think films about men are often about characters who don't want to express their feelings. You're supposed to kind of admire them for not expressing their feelings. And I feel that's a bit dull. Women's stories often have stronger emotional content, which I enjoy doing. What I really love doing is mixing that with humor. Nigel Cole
  96. The more I live, the more I think that humor is the saving sense. Jacob August Riis
  97. Probably it is impossible for humor to be ever a revolutionary weapon. Candide can do little more than generate irony. Lionel Trilling
  98. Humor can inform and break down stigma, which is a huge issue in the military. Garry Trudeau
  99. Humor is such a wonderful thing, helping you realize what a fool you are but how beautiful that is at the same time. Lynda Barry


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

99 Hilarious Quotes

It's funny how intimate it feels to get a text. Sophie Ellis Bextor We all know how funny Morrissey is. Actually, you know what? I say that sarcastically. His songs are some of the funniest songs I've ever heard in my life. I mean, really. I mean, not that the 'Girlfriend in a Coma' is, like, really funny. Zach Galifianakis If my films make one more person miserable, I'll feel I have done my job. Woody Allen A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often. Oliver Herford I may be a living legend, but that sure don't help when I've got to change a flat tire. Roy Orbison Literature has drawn a funny perimeter that other art forms haven't. Jonathan Safran Foer I intend to live forever. So far, so good. Steven Wright Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. Don Marquis This is the great thing about Northern Ireland. I walk down the street and people stop me and say things like, 'I know you. You're that wee go

99 Life Quotes

 Life is lived on the edge. Will Smith I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands you need to be able to throw something back. Maya Angelou For the happiest life, days should be rigorously planned, nights left open to chance. Mignon McLaughlin Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. Benjamin Franklin The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Bertrand Russell My life is my message. Mahatma Gandhi When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. Helen Keller We continue to shape our personality all our life. If we knew ourselves perfectly, we should die. Albert Camus The Indian Summer of life should be a little sunny and a little sad, like the season, and infinite in wealth and depth of tone, but never hustled. Henry Adams Life has a higher end, than to be amused. William Ellery Channing The quality of life

99+ Love Quotes

 Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. James A. Baldwin Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You'll find what you need to furnish it - memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey. Tad Williams Unless you love someone, nothing else makes any sense. e. e. cummings So, fall asleep love , loved by me... for I know love, I am loved by thee. Robert Browning Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives. C. S. Lewis True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen. Francois de La Rochefoucauld Even though I love solar and love wind, like most people do, I like the renewable sources, they alone are not going to get America energy independent. Mitt Romney Love is a spirit of all compact of fire. Shakespeare, William Behold, my friends, the spri