Skip to main content

99 Life Quotes

  1.  Life is lived on the edge. Will Smith
  2. I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands you need to be able to throw something back. Maya Angelou
  3. For the happiest life, days should be rigorously planned, nights left open to chance. Mignon McLaughlin
  4. Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. Benjamin Franklin
  5. The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Bertrand Russell
  6. My life is my message. Mahatma Gandhi
  7. When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. Helen Keller
  8. We continue to shape our personality all our life. If we knew ourselves perfectly, we should die. Albert Camus
  9. The Indian Summer of life should be a little sunny and a little sad, like the season, and infinite in wealth and depth of tone, but never hustled. Henry Adams
  10. Life has a higher end, than to be amused. William Ellery Channing
  11. The quality of life is more important than life itself. Alexis Carrel
  12. I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy. Rabindranath Tagore
  13. While there's life, there's hope. Marcus Tullius Cicero
  14. To expect too much is to have a sentimental view of life and this is a softness that ends in bitterness. Flannery O'Connor
  15. Even when a person has all of life's comforts - good food, good shelter, a companion - he or she can still become unhappy when encountering a tragic situation. Dalai Lama
  16. The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. Audrey Hepburn
  17. Apply yourself both now and in the next life. Without effort, you cannot be prosperous. Though the land be good, You cannot have an abundant crop without cultivation. Plato
  18. One life is all we have and we live it as we believe in living it. But to sacrifice what you are and to live without belief, that is a fate more terrible than dying. Joan of Arc
  19. Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about. Oscar Wilde
  20. Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child
  21. Poetry is a way of taking life by the throat. Robert Frost
  22. My family, frankly, they weren't folks who went to church every week. My mother was one of the most spiritual people I knew but she didn't raise me in the church, so I came to my Christian faith later in life and it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead. Barack Obama
  23. Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life. Buddha
  24. To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals. Benjamin Franklin
  25. It's true, Christmas can feel like a lot of work, particularly for mothers. But when you look back on all the Christmases in your life, you'll find you've created family traditions and lasting memories. Those memories, good and bad, are really what help to keep a family together over the long haul. Caroline Kennedy
  26. There is only one difference between a long life and a good dinner: that, in the dinner, the sweets come last. Robert Louis Stevenson
  27. I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed. Booker T. Washington
  28. I challenge you to make your life a masterpiece. I challenge you to join the ranks of those people who live what they teach, who walk their talk. Tony Robbins
  29. Dreams do come true, if we only wish hard enough, You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it. James M. Barrie
  30. I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun. Charles R. Swindoll
  31. Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life everyone must carry out a concrete assignment that demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated, thus, everyone's task is unique as his specific opportunity to implement it. Viktor E. Frankl
  32. I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people. John Lennon
  33. I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. Rita Rudner
  34. What you get is a living, what you give is a life. Lillian Gish
  35. Truth is a deep kindness that teaches us to be content in our everyday life and share with the people the same happiness. Khalil Gibran
  36. Ships that pass in the night, and speak each other in passing, only a signal shown, and a distant voice in the darkness So on the ocean of life, we pass and speak one another, only a look and a voice, then darkness again and a silence. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  37. What if you gave someone a gift, and they neglected to thank you for it - would you be likely to give them another? Life is the same way. In order to attract more of the blessings that life has to offer, you must truly appreciate what you already have. Ralph Marston
  38. The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. Oprah Winfrey
  39. I love those who yearn for the impossible. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  40. Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens. Khalil Gibran
  41. This is the strangest life I've ever known. Jim Morrison
  42. Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind. Bertrand Russell
  43. Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained. Marie Curie
  44. You use your money to buy privacy because during most of your life you aren't allowed to be normal. Johnny Depp
  45. At fifteen life had taught me undeniably that surrender, in its place, was as honorable as resistance, especially if one had no choice. Maya Angelou
  46. Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth plants something in his soul. Thomas Merton
  47. Bad things do happen how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have - life itself. Walter Anderson
  48. Holding on to anger, resentment and hurt only gives you tense muscles, a headache and a sore jaw from clenching your teeth. Forgiveness gives you back the laughter and the lightness in your life. Joan Lunden
  49. Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. Joseph Addison
  50. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better. Ralph Waldo Emerson
  51. We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life. William Osler
  52. My focus is to forget the pain of life. Forget the pain, mock the pain, reduce it. And laugh. Jim Carrey
  53. Loneliness is my least favorite thing about life. The thing that I'm most worried about is just being alone without anybody to care for or someone who will care for me. Anne Hathaway
  54. I'm most proud of the blessings that God has bestowed upon me, in my life. He's given me the vision to truly see that you can fall down, but you can still get back up. Hopefully I'll learn from my mistakes and have the opportunity to strengthen and improve the next thing I do. Martin Lawrence
  55. Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead. Lucille Ball
  56. I don't think you ever stop giving. I really don't. I think it's an on-going process. And it's not just about being able to write a check. It's being able to touch somebody's life. Oprah Winfrey
  57. Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all. Johnny Depp
  58. Life is essentially a cheat and its conditions are those of defeat the redeeming things are not happiness and pleasure but the deeper satisfactions that come out of struggle. F. Scott Fitzgerald
  59. Life is like a trumpet - if you don't put anything into it, you don't get anything out of it. William Christopher Handy
  60. For time and the world do not stand still. Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or the present are certain to miss the future. John F. Kennedy
  61. Kindness, I've discovered, is everything in life. Isaac Bashevis Singer
  62. Do what you love to do and give it your very best. Whether it's business or baseball, or the theater, or any field. If you don't love what you're doing and you can't give it your best, get out of it. Life is too short. You'll be an old man before you know it. Al Lopez
  63. Never try to impress a woman, because if you do she'll expect you to keep up the standard for the rest of your life. W. C. Fields
  64. There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. Nelson Mandela
  65. I have learned, that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. Henry David Thoreau
  66. I've always taken 'The Wizard of Oz' very seriously, you know. I believe in the idea of the rainbow. And I've spent my entire life trying to get over it. Judy Garland
  67. I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. Alice Roosevelt Longworth
  68. Waste your money and you're only out of money, but waste your time and you've lost a part of your life. Michael LeBoeuf
  69. Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed. Wayne Dyer
  70. I've reached a point in my life where it's the little things that matter... I was always a rebel and probably could have got much farther had I changed my attitude. But when you think about it, I got pretty far without changing attitudes. I'm happier with that. Veronica Lake
  71. Regarding life, the wisest men of all ages have judged alike: it is worthless. Friedrich Nietzsche
  72. People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over. Yeah, I guess it is a friend. Jim Morrison
  73. Becoming a father, I think it inevitably changes your perspective of life. I don't get nearly enough sleep. And the simplest things in life are completely satisfying. I find you don't have to do as much, like you don't go on as many outings. Hugh Jackman
  74. Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows. Pope Paul VI
  75. Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued. Socrates
  76. A man cannot be said to succeed in this life who does not satisfy one friend. Henry David Thoreau
  77. Today is life-the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto. Dale Carnegie
  78. I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? Ernest Hemingway
  79. He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life. Muhammad Ali
  80. You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love. Henry Drummond
  81. Life is not an easy matter... You cannot live through it without falling into frustration and cynicism unless you have before you a great idea which raises you above personal misery, above weakness, above all kinds of perfidy and baseness. Leon Trotsky
  82. I love life because what more is there? Anthony Hopkins
  83. Being taken for granted can be a compliment. It means that you've become a comfortable, trusted element in another person's life. Joyce Brothers
  84. The major value in life is not what you get. The major value in life is what you become. Jim Rohn
  85. The real test of friendship is: can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple? Eugene Kennedy
  86. Our life is frittered away by detail... simplify, simplify. Henry David Thoreau
  87. The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams. Oprah Winfrey
  88. Live your life, do your work, then take your hat. Henry David Thoreau
  89. Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike. Theodore Roosevelt
  90. Communication is a skill that you can learn. It's like riding a bicycle or typing. If you're willing to work at it, you can rapidly improve the quality of evry part of your life. Brian Tracy
  91. I have found that if you love life, life will love you back. Arthur Rubinstein
  92. To change ones life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly. William James
  93. Being in control of your life and having realistic expectations about your day-to-day challenges are the keys to stress management, which is perhaps the most important ingredient to living a happy, healthy and rewarding life. Marilu Henner
  94. To live is to change, and to be perfect is to have changed often. John Henry Newman
  95. Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. John Wayne
  96. I wish to preach, not the doctrine of ignoble ease, but the doctrine of the strenuous life. Theodore Roosevelt
  97. In our daily life, we encounter people who are angry, deceitful, intent only on satisfying their own needs. There is so much anger, distrust, greed, and pettiness that we are losing our capacity to work well together. Margaret J. Wheatley
  98. As a remedy to life in society I would suggest the big city. Nowadays, it is the only desert within our means. Albert Camus
  99. Probably the happiest period in life most frequently is in middle age, when the eager passions of youth are cooled, and the infirmities of age not yet begun as we see that the shadows, which are at morning and evening so large, almost entirely disappear at midday. Eleanor Roosevelt


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

99 Hilarious Quotes

It's funny how intimate it feels to get a text. Sophie Ellis Bextor We all know how funny Morrissey is. Actually, you know what? I say that sarcastically. His songs are some of the funniest songs I've ever heard in my life. I mean, really. I mean, not that the 'Girlfriend in a Coma' is, like, really funny. Zach Galifianakis If my films make one more person miserable, I'll feel I have done my job. Woody Allen A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often. Oliver Herford I may be a living legend, but that sure don't help when I've got to change a flat tire. Roy Orbison Literature has drawn a funny perimeter that other art forms haven't. Jonathan Safran Foer I intend to live forever. So far, so good. Steven Wright Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. Don Marquis This is the great thing about Northern Ireland. I walk down the street and people stop me and say things like, 'I know you. You're that wee go

99 Best Inspirational Quotes Ever

 Do the best you can, and don't take life too serious. Will Rogers Make your fear of losing your greatest motivator. Unknown We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of. Bruce Lee Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before, how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever. Isak Dinesen I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun. Charles R. Swindoll To be free is to have achieved your life. Tennessee Williams If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough. Meister Eckhart In the course of my life, I have often had to eat my words, and I must confess that I have always found it a wholesome