Skip to main content

99 Wise Life Quotes

  1.  Miracles, in the sense of phenomena we cannot explain, surround us on every hand: life itself is the miracle of miracles. George Bernard Shaw
  2. Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told: 'I'm with you kid. Let's go.' Maya Angelou
  3. Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better. Henry Rollins
  4. Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. Benjamin Franklin
  5. People disparage knowing and the intellectual life, and urge doing. I am content with knowing, if only I could know. Ralph Waldo Emerson
  6. To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of arts. Henry David Thoreau
  7. Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him. Groucho Marx
  8. I'm most proud of the blessings that God has bestowed upon me, in my life. He's given me the vision to truly see that you can fall down, but you can still get back up. Hopefully I'll learn from my mistakes and have the opportunity to strengthen and improve the next thing I do. Martin Lawrence
  9. What they're not ready for is guys like you and I and Nails and all the other gnarly gnarlingtons in my life, that we are high priests, Vatican assassin warlocks. Boom. Print that, people. See where that goes. Charlie Sheen
  10. Education is not preparation for life education is life itself. John Dewey
  11. The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. Theodore Roosevelt
  12. Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone. Charlie Chaplin
  13. A man cannot be said to succeed in this life who does not satisfy one friend. Henry David Thoreau
  14. Most of the luxuries and many of the so-called comforts of life are not only not indispensable, but positive hindrances to the elevation of mankind. Henry David Thoreau
  15. Fortunately analysis is not the only way to resolve inner conflicts. Life itself still remains a very effective therapist. Karen Horney
  16. I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities. Dr. Seuss
  17. One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular. Tony Robbins
  18. Tragedy in life normally comes with betrayal and compromise, and trading on your integrity and not having dignity in life. That's really where failure comes. Tom Cochrane
  19. I just don't know how to deal with so many people giving me that much affection. I never had that in my life. Tupac Shakur
  20. Life ought to be a struggle of desire toward adventures whose nobility will fertilize the soul. Rebecca West
  21. The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others. Albert Schweitzer
  22. To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that. Saint Teresa of Avila
  23. You must understand the whole of life, not just one little part of it. That is why you must read, that is why you must look at the skies, that is why you must sing and dance, and write poems and suffer and understand, for all that is life. Jiddu Krishnamurti
  24. Let us beware of saying that death is the opposite of life. The living being is only a species of the dead, and a very rare species. Friedrich Nietzsche
  25. We have the duty to protect the life of an unborn child. Ronald Reagan
  26. There are people who want to make men's lives more difficult for no other reason than the chance it provides them afterwards to offer their prescription for alleviating life their Christianity, for instance. Friedrich Nietzsche
  27. I really believe that everyone has a talent, ability, or skill that he can mine to support himself and to succeed in life. Dean Koontz
  28. I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. Michael Jordan
  29. Life takes its path and sometimes there are people to blame. Of course there are bad people in this world. Good, bad, it happens unfortunately. But in a way I think if there was more focus on the good, more good would happen. Andrea Corr
  30. Today is life-the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto. Dale Carnegie
  31. A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. Joseph Campbell
  32. To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else. Emily Dickinson
  33. Be strong, believe in freedom and in God, love yourself, understand your sexuality, have a sense of humor, masturbate, don't judge people by their religion, color or sexual habits, love life and your family. Madonna Ciccone
  34. Polygamy: An endeavour to get more out of life than there is in it. Elbert Hubbard
  35. Haters never win. I just think that's true about life, because negative energy always costs in the end. Tom Hiddleston
  36. There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it. Oscar Wilde
  37. Love is the greatest refreshment in life. Pablo Picasso
  38. Success comes from taking the initiative and following up... persisting... eloquently expressing the depth of your love. What simple action could you take today to produce a new momentum toward success in your life? Tony Robbins
  39. My favorite things in life don't cost any money. It's really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time. Steve Jobs
  40. You are a product of your environment. So choose the environment that will best develop you toward your objective. Analyze your life in terms of its environment. Are the things around you helping you toward success - or are they holding you back? W. Clement Stone
  41. I just got one last thing, I urge all of you, all of you, to enjoy your life, the precious moments you have. To spend each day with some laughter and some thought, to get you're emotions going. Jim Valvano
  42. You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. Vernon Howard
  43. Life is a great sunrise. I do not see why death should not be an even greater one. Vladimir Nabokov
  44. Unlike a drop of water which loses its identity when it joins the ocean, man does not lose his being in the society in which he lives. Man's life is independent. He is born not for the development of the society alone, but for the development of his self. B. R. Ambedkar
  45. The value of life lies not in the length of days, but in the use we make of them... Whether you find satisfaction in life depends not on your tale of years, but on your will. Michel de Montaigne
  46. This life is worth living, we can say, since it is what we make it. William James
  47. The only way to enjoy anything in this life is to earn it first. Ginger Rogers
  48. Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth plants something in his soul. Thomas Merton
  49. People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over. Yeah, I guess it is a friend. Jim Morrison
  50. True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island... to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune to keep him is a blessing. Baltasar Gracian
  51. In the last analysis, the individual person is responsible for living his own life and for 'finding himself.' If he persists in shifting his responsibility to somebody else, he fails to find out the meaning of his own existence. Thomas Merton
  52. When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'. Erma Bombeck
  53. I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to. Jimi Hendrix
  54. God had brought me to my knees and made me acknowledge my own nothingness, and out of that knowledge I had been reborn. I was no longer the centre of my life and therefore I could see God in everything. Bede Griffiths
  55. Life is a gamble. You can get hurt, but people die in plane crashes, lose their arms and legs in car accidents people die every day. Same with fighters: some die, some get hurt, some go on. You just don't let yourself believe it will happen to you. Muhammad Ali
  56. Words can never adequately convey the incredible impact of our attitudes toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it. Charles R. Swindoll
  57. Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life define yourself. Harvey Fierstein
  58. My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her. George Washington
  59. Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else. The trick is the doing something else. Leonardo da Vinci
  60. If you're married, and you have a wife, and you really love your wife, is it good enough to only say to your wife 'I love her' the day you get married? Or should you tell her every single day when you wake up and every opportunity? And that's how I feel about my relationship with Jesus Christ is that it is the most important thing in my life. Tim Tebow
  61. People living deeply have no fear of death. Anais Nin
  62. Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out. Anton Chekhov
  63. I am convinced that material things can contribute a lot to making one's life pleasant, but, basically, if you do not have very good friends and relatives who matter to you, life will be really empty and sad and material things cease to be important. David Rockefeller
  64. Don't go through life, grow through life. Eric Butterworth
  65. People are taken aback by a confident, pretty girl who knows what she wants in life and isn't going to let anyone get in her way. And you know what it's all about? Jealousy. Summer Altice
  66. The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. Groucho Marx
  67. Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result. Winston Churchill
  68. Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. Carl Sandburg
  69. But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine. Thomas Jefferson
  70. All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on. Havelock Ellis
  71. This is the highest wisdom that I own freedom and life are earned by those alone who conquer them each day anew. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  72. Life is hard. After all, it kills you. Katharine Hepburn
  73. The cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. Henry David Thoreau
  74. Life's like a movie, write your own ending. Keep believing, keep pretending. Jim Henson
  75. You can't live your life blaming your failures on your parents and what they did or didn't do for you. You're dealt the cards that you're dealt. I realised it was a waste of time to be angry at my parents and feel sorry for myself. Drew Barrymore
  76. If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius. Joseph Addison
  77. I worked hard all my life as far as this music business. I dreamed of the day when I could go to New York and feel comfortable and they could come out here and be comfortable. Tupac Shakur
  78. Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen. Mark Twain
  79. The great advantage of a hotel is that it is a refuge from home life. George Bernard Shaw
  80. Every human is an artist. The dream of your life is to make beautiful art. Miguel Angel Ruiz
  81. Alcohol is the anesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. George Bernard Shaw
  82. In life you need either inspiration or desperation. Tony Robbins
  83. Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering. Theodore Roosevelt
  84. A bachelor's life is a fine breakfast, a flat lunch, and a miserable dinner. Francis Bacon
  85. It is a bit embarrassing to have been concerned with the human problem all one's life and find at the end that one has no more to offer by way of advice than 'try to be a little kinder.' Aldous Huxley
  86. Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity, or registering wrongs. Charlotte Bronte
  87. The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. Pablo Picasso
  88. Blood relatives often have nothing to do with family, and similarly, family is about who you choose to make your life with. Oliver Hudson
  89. What we call the secret of happiness is no more a secret than our willingness to choose life. Leo Buscaglia
  90. Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face. George Eliot
  91. Life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments. Rose Kennedy
  92. Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life. Brooke Shields
  93. Sorrow is knowledge, those that know the most must mourn the deepest, the tree of knowledge is not the tree of life. Lord Byron
  94. Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Steve Jobs
  95. Do every act of your life as if it were your last. Marcus Aurelius
  96. The expectations of life depend upon diligence the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools. Confucius
  97. Life every man holds dear but the dear man holds honor far more precious dear than life. William Shakespeare
  98. Where there is love there is life. Mahatma Gandhi
  99. Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. C. S. Lewis


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

99 Hilarious Quotes

It's funny how intimate it feels to get a text. Sophie Ellis Bextor We all know how funny Morrissey is. Actually, you know what? I say that sarcastically. His songs are some of the funniest songs I've ever heard in my life. I mean, really. I mean, not that the 'Girlfriend in a Coma' is, like, really funny. Zach Galifianakis If my films make one more person miserable, I'll feel I have done my job. Woody Allen A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often. Oliver Herford I may be a living legend, but that sure don't help when I've got to change a flat tire. Roy Orbison Literature has drawn a funny perimeter that other art forms haven't. Jonathan Safran Foer I intend to live forever. So far, so good. Steven Wright Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. Don Marquis This is the great thing about Northern Ireland. I walk down the street and people stop me and say things like, 'I know you. You're that wee go

99 Life Quotes

 Life is lived on the edge. Will Smith I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands you need to be able to throw something back. Maya Angelou For the happiest life, days should be rigorously planned, nights left open to chance. Mignon McLaughlin Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. Benjamin Franklin The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Bertrand Russell My life is my message. Mahatma Gandhi When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. Helen Keller We continue to shape our personality all our life. If we knew ourselves perfectly, we should die. Albert Camus The Indian Summer of life should be a little sunny and a little sad, like the season, and infinite in wealth and depth of tone, but never hustled. Henry Adams Life has a higher end, than to be amused. William Ellery Channing The quality of life

99+ Love Quotes

 Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. James A. Baldwin Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You'll find what you need to furnish it - memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey. Tad Williams Unless you love someone, nothing else makes any sense. e. e. cummings So, fall asleep love , loved by me... for I know love, I am loved by thee. Robert Browning Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives. C. S. Lewis True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen. Francois de La Rochefoucauld Even though I love solar and love wind, like most people do, I like the renewable sources, they alone are not going to get America energy independent. Mitt Romney Love is a spirit of all compact of fire. Shakespeare, William Behold, my friends, the spri