Skip to main content

99 Happy Life Quotes

  1.  Don't wish me happiness - I don't expect to be happy it's gotten beyond that, somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor - I will need them all. Anne Morrow Lindbergh
  2. He who never sacrificed a present to a future good or a personal to a general one can speak of happiness only as the blind do of colors. Olympia Brown
  3. For all its terrible faults, in one sense America is still the last, best hope of mankind, because it spells out so vividly the kind of happiness that most people actually want, regardless of what they are told they ought to want. Ferdinand Mount
  4. Bring love and peace and happiness and beautiful lives into the world in my honor. Thank you. Love you. Aron Ralston
  5. There is no austerity equal to a balanced mind, and there is no happiness equal to contentment there is no disease like covetousness, and no virtue like mercy. Chanakya
  6. It was physically difficult, adjusting to wheelchair life, but I remember a great relief and happiness that I was finally getting somewhere, finding musicians to work with that were sympathetic. Robert Wyatt
  7. No one is in control of your happiness but you therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change. Barbara de Angelis
  8. Five or six hundred heads cut off would have assured your repose, freedom and happiness. Jean-Paul Marat
  9. It is the paradox of life that the way to miss pleasure is to seek it first. The very first condition of lasting happiness is that a life should be full of purpose, aiming at something outside self. Hugo Black
  10. No matter how dull, or how mean, or how wise a man is, he feels that happiness is his indisputable right. Helen Keller
  11. Happiness is dependent on self-discipline. We are the biggest obstacles to our own happiness. It is much easier to do battle with society and with others than to fight our own nature. Dennis Prager
  12. As to happiness in this life it is hardly compatible with that diminished respect which ever attends the relinquishing of labour. Anthony Trollope
  13. Genuine happiness can only be achieved when we transform our way of life from the unthinking pursuit of pleasure to one committed to enriching our inner lives, when we focus on 'being more' rather than simply having more. Daisaku Ikeda
  14. A pencil and rubber are of more use to thought than a battalion of assistants. To happiness the same applies as to truth: one does not have it, but is in it. Theodor Adorno
  15. It's up to you to be responsible for how you feel if you're not happy. Your happiness lies in your hands. You can't rely on a man to make you happy or complete you. That starts with you. Taraji P. Henson
  16. The secret of happiness is to admire without desiring. And that is not happiness. F. H. Bradley
  17. The secret of happiness is this: let your interests be as wide as possible, and let your reactions to the things and persons that interest you be as far as possible friendly rather than hostile. Bertrand Russell
  18. Live by this credo: have a little laugh at life and look around you for happiness instead of sadness. Laughter has always brought me out of unhappy situations. Red Skelton
  19. Experienced happiness refers to your feelings, to how happy you are as you live your life. In contrast, the satisfaction of the remembering self refers to your feelings when you think about your life. Daniel Kahneman
  20. Well, my thoughts about California are kind of mythological. To me, as well as being a real place, it's a place where people go to find something - to find happiness or to realize their dreams. So it has that kind of quality of heroism and heartache, and Australia has that, as well. Colin Hay
  21. The pursuit of happiness is in our Constitution. We're all entitled to have the best we can. Loretta Swit
  22. The cause of justice is the cause of humanity. Its advocates should overflow with universal good will. We should love this cause, for it conduces to the general happiness of mankind. William Godwin
  23. It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come. Dalai Lama
  24. I always looked for a man to rescue me and bring me happiness. I bought into that myth, of course, and looked for my own Prince Charming. Linda Evans
  25. An institution or reform movement that is not selfish, must originate in the recognition of some evil that is adding to the sum of human suffering, or diminishing the sum of happiness. Clara Barton
  26. For Mythology is the handmaid of literature and literature is one of the best allies of virtue and promoters of happiness. Thomas Bulfinch
  27. A man who as a physical being is always turned toward the outside, thinking that his happiness lies outside him, finally turns inward and discovers that the source is within him. Soren Kierkegaard
  28. Nothing prevents happiness like the memory of happiness. Andre Gide
  29. It is our happiness to live under the government of a PRINCE who is satisfied with ruling according to law as every other good prince will - We enjoy under his administration all the liberty that is proper and expedient for us. Jonathan Mayhew
  30. There is no happiness outside of ourselves. Bryant McGill
  31. The only real happiness a ballplayer has is when he is playing a ball game and accomplishes something he didn't think he could do. Ring Lardner
  32. He who avoids complaint invites happiness. Abu Bakr
  33. There is no true love save in suffering, and in this world we have to choose either love, which is suffering, or happiness. Man is the more man - that is, the more divine - the greater his capacity for suffering, or rather, for anguish. Miguel de Unamuno
  34. People will survive, and they will find happiness. Happiness only comes when you're not looking for it. Hugh Laurie
  35. This nation is notorious for its ability to make or fake anything cheaply. 'Made-in-China' goods now fill homes around the world. But our giant country has a small problem. We can't manufacture the happiness of our people. Ai Weiwei
  36. The first requisite for the happiness of the people is the abolition of religion. Karl Marx
  37. The happiness of every country depends upon the character of its people, rather than the form of its government. Thomas Chandler Haliburton
  38. An effort made for the happiness of others lifts above ourselves. Lydia M. Child
  39. The pursuit of happiness, which American citizens are obliged to undertake, tends to involve them in trying to perpetuate the moods, tastes and aptitudes of youth. Malcolm Muggeridge
  40. We have a long heritage of freedom that defines America. We believe there is a Creator who blessed us with life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Todd Akin
  41. Dancing and running shake up the chemistry of happiness. Mason Cooley
  42. The happiness which is lacking makes one think even the happiness one has unbearable. Joseph Roux
  43. The greatest happiness of the greatest number is the foundation of morals and legislation. Jeremy Bentham
  44. Desire is individual. Happiness is common. Julian Casablancas
  45. Morality is not the doctrine of how we may make ourselves happy, but how we may make ourselves worthy of happiness. Immanuel Kant
  46. To buy happiness is to sell soul. Douglas Horton
  47. It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness. Charles Spurgeon
  48. Happiness depends upon ourselves. Aristotle
  49. We possess only the happiness we are able to understand. Maurice Maeterlinck
  50. A string of excited, fugitive, miscellaneous pleasures is not happiness happiness resides in imaginative reflection and judgment, when the picture of one's life, or of human life, as it truly has been or is, satisfies the will, and is gladly accepted. George Santayana
  51. For me, however, that beloved, glowing little word happiness has become associated with everything I have felt since childhood upon hearing the sound of the word itself. Herman Hesse
  52. Now I believe that lovers should be draped in flowers and laid entwined together on a bed of clover and left there to sleep, left there to dream of their happiness. Conor Oberst
  53. False happiness renders men stern and proud, and that happiness is never communicated. True happiness renders them kind and sensible, and that happiness is always shared. Charles de Montesquieu
  54. Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. Storm Jameson
  55. The most simple things can bring the most happiness. Izabella Scorupco
  56. True religion... is giving and finding one's happiness by bringing happiness into the lives of others. William J. H. Boetcker
  57. Oh, I adored Mickey Mouse when I was a child. He was the emblem of happiness and funniness. You went to the movies then, you saw two movies and a short. When Mickey Mouse came on the screen and there was his big head, my sister said she had to hold onto me. I went berserk. Maurice Sendak
  58. God's children and their happiness are my reasons for being. Red Skelton
  59. I love being on stage. I'm completely, totally relaxed. It's the only time in my life when I know where I am and what's coming next. The other Robert Powell is probably fairly melancholic. Let's just say happiness isn't my default position. There are dark parts. I'm very good at it. I frighten people sometimes. Robert Powell
  60. The house a woman creates is a Utopia. She can't help it - can't help trying to interest her nearest and dearest not in happiness itself but in the search for it. Marguerite Duras
  61. Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. Sophocles
  62. The purpose of human life and the sense of happiness is to give the maximum what the man is able to give. Alexander Alekhine
  63. The secret to happiness is to face the fact that the world is horrible. Bertrand Russell
  64. A mother's happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories. Honore de Balzac
  65. My whole working philosophy is that the only stable happiness for mankind is that it shall live married in blessed union to woman-kind - intimacy, physical and psychical between a man and his wife. I wish to add that my state of bliss is by no means perfect. David Herbert Lawrence
  66. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. George Sand
  67. Heaven takes care that no man secures happiness by crime. Vittorio Alfieri
  68. There is nothing which has yet been contrived by man, by which so much happiness is produced as by a good tavern. Samuel Johnson
  69. I think the secret to happiness is having a Teflon soul. Whatever comes your way, you either let it slide or you cook with it. Diane Lane
  70. Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. Buddha
  71. There is nothing I fear more than waking up without a program that will help me bring a little happiness to those with no resources, those who are poor, illiterate, and ridden with terminal disease. Nelson Mandela
  72. The intense happiness of our union is derived in a high degree from the perfect freedom with which we each follow and declare our own impressions. George Eliot
  73. The search for happiness is one of the chief sources of unhappiness. Eric Hoffer
  74. I had to try and find a way to express happiness without sounding corny. Daniel Johns
  75. To describe happiness is to diminish it. Stendhal
  76. The British do not expect happiness. I had the impression, all the time that I lived there, that they do not want to be happy they want to be right. Quentin Crisp
  77. I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. Gilbert K. Chesterton
  78. Unhappiness is something we are never taught about we are taught to expect happiness, but never a Plan B to use to use when the happiness doesn't arrive. Doug Coupland
  79. The applause was so loud and insistent that I had to respond with several encores. I was numb with happiness, when it was over, I knew that this alone must be my life and my world. Leni Riefenstahl
  80. It is not only my laboratory and my place of work but also my home, so that on the 30th October I was able to share my happiness immediately with my students and collaborators and, at the same time, with my wife and family. George Porter
  81. A sincere and steadfast co-operation in promoting such a reconstruction of our political system as would provide for the permanent liberty and happiness of the United States. James Madison
  82. Happiness is within. It has nothing to do with how much applause you get or how many people praise you. Happiness comes when you believe that you have done something truly meaningful. Martin Yan
  83. It is one of my sources of happiness never to desire a knowledge of other people's business. Dolley Madison
  84. Happiness and moral duty are inseparably connected. George Washington
  85. Unquestionably, it is possible to do without happiness it is done involuntarily by nineteen-twentieths of mankind. John Stuart Mill
  86. Shall I give you my recipe for happiness? I find everything useful and nothing indispensable. I find everything wonderful and nothing miraculous. I reverence the body. I avoid first causes like the plague. Norman Douglas
  87. Happiness is an inside job. William Arthur Ward
  88. My happiness doesn't come from money or fame. My happiness comes from seeing life without struggle. Nicki Minaj
  89. Fashion is all about happiness. It's fun. It's important. But it's not medicine. Donatella Versace
  90. The happiness of this life depends less on what befalls you than the way in which you take it. Elbert Hubbard
  91. It is also rarer to find happiness in a man surrounded by the miracles of technology than among people living in the desert of the jungle and who by the standards set by our society would be considered destitute and out of touch. Thor Heyerdahl
  92. Always remember that the most important thing in a good marriage is not happiness, but stability. Gabriel Garcia Marquez
  93. Different men seek after happiness in different ways and by different means, and so make for themselves different modes of life and forms of government. Aristotle
  94. The secret of happiness is to admire without desiring. Carl Sandburg
  95. Every gift from a friend is a wish for your happiness. Richard Bach
  96. The happiness of the creature consists in rejoicing in God, by which also God is magnified and exalted. Jonathan Edwards
  97. As long as I am given the opportunity to keep performing and keep exploring in whatever medium, I'll be happy. As long as I get to spend time with my family, I'll be happy. As long as I can write in some form, I'll be happy. It is the essential things like that I equate with happiness. Dan Stevens
  98. I am deeply convinced that happiness does not exist in this world. Taylor Caldwell
  99. You need characters who want things. They want love, they want recognition, they want happiness. Candace Bushnell


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

99 Hilarious Quotes

It's funny how intimate it feels to get a text. Sophie Ellis Bextor We all know how funny Morrissey is. Actually, you know what? I say that sarcastically. His songs are some of the funniest songs I've ever heard in my life. I mean, really. I mean, not that the 'Girlfriend in a Coma' is, like, really funny. Zach Galifianakis If my films make one more person miserable, I'll feel I have done my job. Woody Allen A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often. Oliver Herford I may be a living legend, but that sure don't help when I've got to change a flat tire. Roy Orbison Literature has drawn a funny perimeter that other art forms haven't. Jonathan Safran Foer I intend to live forever. So far, so good. Steven Wright Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. Don Marquis This is the great thing about Northern Ireland. I walk down the street and people stop me and say things like, 'I know you. You're that wee go

99 Life Quotes

 Life is lived on the edge. Will Smith I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands you need to be able to throw something back. Maya Angelou For the happiest life, days should be rigorously planned, nights left open to chance. Mignon McLaughlin Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. Benjamin Franklin The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Bertrand Russell My life is my message. Mahatma Gandhi When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. Helen Keller We continue to shape our personality all our life. If we knew ourselves perfectly, we should die. Albert Camus The Indian Summer of life should be a little sunny and a little sad, like the season, and infinite in wealth and depth of tone, but never hustled. Henry Adams Life has a higher end, than to be amused. William Ellery Channing The quality of life

99+ Love Quotes

 Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. James A. Baldwin Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You'll find what you need to furnish it - memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey. Tad Williams Unless you love someone, nothing else makes any sense. e. e. cummings So, fall asleep love , loved by me... for I know love, I am loved by thee. Robert Browning Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives. C. S. Lewis True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen. Francois de La Rochefoucauld Even though I love solar and love wind, like most people do, I like the renewable sources, they alone are not going to get America energy independent. Mitt Romney Love is a spirit of all compact of fire. Shakespeare, William Behold, my friends, the spri