Skip to main content

99 Quotes to Imagine

  1. It is not that the child lives in a world of imagination, but that the child within us survives and starts into life only at rare moments of recollection, which makes us believe, and it is not true, that, as children, we were imaginative? Cesare Pavese
  2. My life has been a gift up to this point, and I've been blessed beyond my wildest imagination. And wherever this ride takes me is where I'm going. Sean Hannity
  3. For strange effects and extraordinary combinations we must go to life itself, which is always far more daring than any effort of the imagination. Arthur Conan Doyle
  4. I'm a light sleeper. I've never been one of those people who can put their head down and suddenly everything disappears. Nighttime is the time I get most scared, anxious or worried. In those darker moments before waking or sleeping is when I feel most, I don't know, I can turn on myself, and my imagination can take me dark places. Florence Welch
  5. To treat your facts with imagination is one thing, to imagine your facts is another. John Burroughs
  6. What does it mean to be Catholic and not a Catholic? I feel adrift, homeless. My Catholic imagination allows me to see the soul as a lit breath, seeking the divine. It persists. Julianna Baggott
  7. Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art. Tom Stoppard
  8. Dreaming is an act of pure imagination, attesting in all men a creative power, which if it were available in waking, would make every man a Dante or Shakespeare. Frederick Henry Hedge
  9. I had a good imagination and I still have one a child-like imagination that hasn't gone away. Laura Linney
  10. For us artists there waits the joyous compromise through art with all that wounded or defeated us in daily life in this way, not to evade destiny, as the ordinary people try to do, but to fulfil it in its true potential - the imagination. Lawrence Durrell
  11. Imagination is the wide-open eye which leads us always to see truth more vividly. Christopher Fry
  12. Although I do not have a family, I have eyes, ears and imagination, and know, as most people know, that the importance of one's children is paramount. Lara St. John
  13. Today mythical thinking has fallen into disrepute we often dismiss it as irrational and self-indulgent. But the imagination is also the faculty that has enabled scientists to bring new knowledge to light and to invent technology that has made us immeasurably more effective. Karen Armstrong
  14. My imagination makes me human and makes me a fool it gives me all the world, and exiles me from it. Ursula K. Le Guin
  15. For some reason I can't explain, artist and musicians tend to look younger than our age. Being in music, you need this youthful sense of discovery and wonder for what you're doing and keep your imagination open. That's a youthful way of looking at life and I think that reflects in how you age. Joshua Bell
  16. It's definitely true that there are a lot of the devices we used on 'Star Trek,' that came out the imagination of the writers, and the creators that are actually in the world today. LeVar Burton
  17. I never did very well in math - I could never seem to persuade the teacher that I hadn't meant my answers literally. Calvin Trillin
  18. I've never taken any issue off the table for lack of suitability. Only for lack of imagination. Garry Trudeau
  19. All successful people men and women are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose. Brian Tracy
  20. What distinguishes a great artist from a weak one is first their sensibility and tenderness second, their imagination, and third, their industry. Salman Rushdie
  21. Imagination and fiction make up more than three quarters of our real life. Simone Weil
  22. The only limit to your impact is your imagination and commitment. Tony Robbins
  23. The use of travelling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. Samuel Johnson
  24. Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks
  25. People write memoirs because they lack the imagination to make things up. Tom Robbins
  26. Ellis Peters's historical detail is very accurate and very minute, and therefore is not only interesting to read but good for an actor to acquire a sense of the period. And the other thing I think is that an actor lives in the land of imagination. Derek Jacobi
  27. A writer should have the precision of a poet and the imagination of a scientist. Vladimir Nabokov
  28. Belief is nothing but a more vivid, lively, forcible, firm, steady conception of an object, than what the imagination alone is ever able to attain. David Hume
  29. It's not only imagination, it's the distortion of the vision. You suddenly think, This person is idealistic, this person is strong, this person has dreams, when you know better most of the time. You put what you want to see on people. Olivier Martinez
  30. Reason respects the differences, and imagination the similitudes of things. Percy Bysshe Shelley
  31. Some of us are interested in directors, but really the vast majority of us are interested in actors. You experience the films through the actors, so they're all locked into your imagination in some kind of layer of fantasy or hatred or wherever they settle into your imagination. Danny Boyle
  32. I mean, the most important thing to me is imagination. Rob Walton
  33. The most dire disaster in love is the death of imagination. George Meredith
  34. Having imagination it takes you an hour to write a paragraph that if you were unimaginative would take you only a minute. Franklin P. Adams
  35. The past is really almost as much a work of the imagination as the future. Jessamyn West
  36. My true function within a society which embraces all of us is to continue an age-old tradition. This tradition is to create images from the depths of the imagination and to give them form, whether visual, intellectual or musical. Michael Tippett
  37. Liberty: One of Imagination's most precious possessions. Ambrose Bierce
  38. Sometimes a character is really based on research that you do. Other times it's just based on your imagination or perhaps your conversation with the director. Or sometimes all of the above. It depends on the movie and character. Joaquin Phoenix
  39. I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Albert Einstein
  40. It would be too frightening for me to consider myself a role model. But I like the idea of not being afraid of letting your imagination rule you, to feel the freedom of expression, to let creativity be your overwhelming drive rather than other things. Florence Welch
  41. Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions. Albert Einstein
  42. To imagine is everything, to know is nothing at all. Anatole France
  43. Busted is not the ideal band I'd like to be in by any stretch of the imagination. Charlie Simpson
  44. It is the eye of ignorance that assigns a fixed and unchangeable color to every object beware of this stumbling block. Paul Gauguin
  45. Uttering a word is like striking a note on the keyboard of the imagination. Ludwig Wittgenstein
  46. I think my securities far outweigh my insecurities. I am not nearly as afraid of myself and my imagination as I used to be. Billy Connolly
  47. Now it is quite clear to me that there are no solid spheres in the heavens, and those that have been devised by the authors to save the appearances, exist only in the imagination. Tycho Brahe
  48. Imagination creates some big monsters. Olivier Martinez
  49. One who has imagination without learning has wings without feet. Joseph Joubert
  50. Well, I think that - I think leadership's always been about two main things: imagination and courage. Paul Keating
  51. Trust that little voice in your head that says 'Wouldn't it be interesting if...' And then do it. Duane Michals
  52. The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates. Oscar Wilde
  53. No matter how mistaken Communist ideas may be, the experience and knowledge gained by trying them out have given a tremendous impetus to thought and imagination. Anne Sullivan Macy
  54. Imagination is the voice of daring. If there is anything Godlike about God it is that. He dared to imagine everything. Henry Miller
  55. Were it not for imagination a man would be as happy in arms of a chambermaid as of a duchess. Samuel Johnson
  56. Imagination, the supreme delight of the immortal and the immature, should be limited. In order to enjoy life, we should not enjoy it too much. Vladimir Nabokov
  57. Well, I'm not a method actress by any stretch of the imagination so the best thing that I can do is be as real as possible and find whatever commonality in that character that I can see myself. Rashida Jones
  58. I would warn you that I do not attribute to nature either beauty or deformity, order or confusion. Only in relation to our imagination can things be called beautiful or ugly, well-ordered or confused. Baruch Spinoza
  59. The development of beauty in chess never depends on you alone. No matter how much imagination and creativity you invest, you still do not create beauty. Your opponent must react at the same highest level. Vladimir Kramnik
  60. Hope lies in dreams, in imagination, and in the courage of those who dare to make dreams into reality. Jonas Salk
  61. Where there is no imagination there is no horror. Arthur Conan Doyle
  62. Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. Joseph Conrad
  63. I try to decorate my imagination as much as I can. Franz Schubert
  64. It was just very interesting to me that certain types of women inspire people's imagination, and all of them were very difficult women. Elizabeth Wurtzel
  65. Writing poetry is the hard manual labor of the imagination. Ishmael Reed
  66. Imagination is not the exclusive appanage of artists, but belongs in varying degrees to all men. George Henry Lewes
  67. President Reagan was a leader at a time when the American people most needed leadership. He outlined a vision that captured the imagination of the free world, a vision that toppled the Communist empire and freed countless millions. Dennis Hastert
  68. The peculiar fascination which the South held over my imagination and my limited capital decided me in favor of Atlanta University so about the last of September I bade farewell to the friends and scenes of my boyhood and boarded a train for the South. James Weldon Johnson
  69. What's cool is when you're able to give your audience imagination and you don't have to cage them in like animals. Shia LaBeouf
  70. I've always felt that what I have going for me is not my imagination, because everyone has an imagination. What I have is a relentlessly controlled imagination. What looks like wild invention is actually quite carefully calculated. Terry Pratchett
  71. I'm looking for a way out of here. I can't have it physically, so I'm going to have it intellectually. It was a beautiful thing to ride Seabiscuit in my imagination. And it's just fantastic to be there alongside Louie as he's breaking the NCAA mile record. People at these vigorous moments in their lives - it's my way of living vicariously. Laura Hillenbrand
  72. Sometimes a technology is so awe-inspiring that the imagination runs away with it - often far, far away from reality. Robots are like that. A lot of big and ultimately unfulfilled promises were made in robotics early on, based on preliminary successes. Daniel H. Wilson
  73. The Grateful Dead, they're my best friends. Their message of hope, peace, love, teamwork, creativity, imagination, celebration, the dance, the vision, the purpose, the passion all of the things I believe in makes me the luckiest Deadhead in the world. Bill Walton
  74. No amount of skillful invention can replace the essential element of imagination. Edward Hopper
  75. Los Angeles gives one the feeling of the future more strongly than any city I know of. A bad future, too, like something out of Fritz Lang's feeble imagination. Henry Miller
  76. Fortunately, somewhere between chance and mystery lies imagination, the only thing that protects our freedom, despite the fact that people keep trying to reduce it or kill it off altogether. Luis Bunuel
  77. Essentially, I'm untrained, so I just go with my imagination and try to put myself as solidly as I can into the shoes of whatever person I'm going to be playing. Christian Bale
  78. I am an actor and I live in the world of pretend in my working capacity. I live in the world of my imagination. Derek Jacobi
  79. The degree in which a poet's imagination dominates reality is, in the end, the exact measure of his importance and dignity. George Santayana
  80. In my imagination yes, I remember, when I was six years old, I was conducting all this concert in my house. But now it's real. Gustavo Dudamel
  81. It takes no imagination to live within your means. Francis Ford Coppola
  82. Being an actor means asking people to look at you. I guess I accept that. But it's a profession in which the job is to show another world and other people. You may access it through bits of yourself, and your imagination and experience, but actually, in the end, you're not playing yourself. Ralph Fiennes
  83. I've studied a technique called the Sanford Miesner technique, that teaches you how to focus. It's mainly about daydreaming. And the technique's really about imaginary circumstances. Using your imagination to sort of daydream about stuff. It makes you emotional in a scene. Sam Rockwell
  84. When something is such a creative medium as the web, the limits to it are our imagination. Tim Berners Lee
  85. What we imagine is order is merely the prevailing form of chaos. Kerry Thornley
  86. Imagination is the key to my lyrics. The rest is painted with a little science fiction. Jimi Hendrix
  87. I have been afraid all my life that I am going to die. All my life it has been stuffed in my imagination. Patty Duke
  88. Musicals are, by nature, theatrical, meaning poetic, meaning having to move the audience's imagination and create a suspension of disbelief, by which I mean there's no fourth wall. Stephen Sondheim
  89. In rising financial markets, the world is forever new. The bull or optimist has no eyes for past or present, but only for the future, where streams of revenue play in his imagination. James Buchan
  90. Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures. Jessamyn West
  91. One is never fortunate or as unfortunate as one imagines. Francois de La Rochefoucauld
  92. The imagination is man's power over nature. Wallace Stevens
  93. I have deliberately left Sylvester and Julia's appearances to the reader's imagination. Mary Wesley
  94. I'm a better coach now than when I joined Celtic. The longer you stay in any job, the better you become. If you lose your drive, your enthusiasm, your imagination, that experience is no good. Gordon Strachan
  95. A poet ought not to pick nature's pocket. Let him borrow, and so borrow as to repay by the very act of borrowing. Examine nature accurately, but write from recollection, and trust more to the imagination than the memory. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
  96. I guess I'm a very keen observer, and I'd like to think I have a good imagination. Eric Bana
  97. When you start to develop your powers of empathy and imagination, the whole world opens up to you. Susan Sarandon
  98. There can be no passion, and by consequence no love, where there is not imagination. William Godwin
  99. You can understand nothing about art, particularly modern art, if you do not understand that imagination is a value in itself. Milan Kundera

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

99 Hilarious Quotes

It's funny how intimate it feels to get a text. Sophie Ellis Bextor We all know how funny Morrissey is. Actually, you know what? I say that sarcastically. His songs are some of the funniest songs I've ever heard in my life. I mean, really. I mean, not that the 'Girlfriend in a Coma' is, like, really funny. Zach Galifianakis If my films make one more person miserable, I'll feel I have done my job. Woody Allen A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often. Oliver Herford I may be a living legend, but that sure don't help when I've got to change a flat tire. Roy Orbison Literature has drawn a funny perimeter that other art forms haven't. Jonathan Safran Foer I intend to live forever. So far, so good. Steven Wright Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. Don Marquis This is the great thing about Northern Ireland. I walk down the street and people stop me and say things like, 'I know you. You're that wee go

99 Life Quotes

 Life is lived on the edge. Will Smith I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands you need to be able to throw something back. Maya Angelou For the happiest life, days should be rigorously planned, nights left open to chance. Mignon McLaughlin Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. Benjamin Franklin The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Bertrand Russell My life is my message. Mahatma Gandhi When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. Helen Keller We continue to shape our personality all our life. If we knew ourselves perfectly, we should die. Albert Camus The Indian Summer of life should be a little sunny and a little sad, like the season, and infinite in wealth and depth of tone, but never hustled. Henry Adams Life has a higher end, than to be amused. William Ellery Channing The quality of life

99+ Love Quotes

 Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. James A. Baldwin Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You'll find what you need to furnish it - memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey. Tad Williams Unless you love someone, nothing else makes any sense. e. e. cummings So, fall asleep love , loved by me... for I know love, I am loved by thee. Robert Browning Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives. C. S. Lewis True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen. Francois de La Rochefoucauld Even though I love solar and love wind, like most people do, I like the renewable sources, they alone are not going to get America energy independent. Mitt Romney Love is a spirit of all compact of fire. Shakespeare, William Behold, my friends, the spri